April 17, 2014 | 1686 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by whiskeymittens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this!
I, like many people, feel like I have HUGE pores and really wanted a substantial primer that would make my foundation look better. I have tried many samples from Sephora but this is the best primer I've used so far for pore coverage and improving texture. I've purchased it twice so far and will continue to use it.

I don't love that it comes in a small "tub" that you have to scoop from but because it's thick, this is probably the only packaging option.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by brjsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just tried this last week....turned 40 a few months ago and started noticing under eye wrinkles that were driving me nuts. A little dab under each eye and the lines are almost gone. I have used it with or without concealer and it looks great either way......will repurchase way before I run out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great product. fills in the pores on my nose and on my cheeks, controls oil, smooths out the face and keeps your foundation long-lasting.

IMO this is not a product for the whole face, but only for spot-treating - ie apply on areas that are dry and flaky, oily and with large pores. you only need a tiny amount otherwise it will never set and get absorbed by the skin. with this product, you have to wait for 2 or 3 min for it to set to form a barrier between the face and the foundation.

in terms of packaging, could be more hygienic if it is in a tube... but i am not too fussy so the jar packaging is alright for me.

Lastly, this product lasts SO LONG! I bought it 2 years ago and i still have half of the jar left... tho not until recently that i started using it daily.. but still.. i reckon a jar could easily last you 6 months with daily use coz you only need a tiny amount each time...

Overall i am extremely happy with this product as i did not expect much at the start and bought it without any research. I will definitely repurchase this once i finish this jar... which i think will not be til mid 2012 OoO...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by misheo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST Primer ever. I have used many primers from Napoleon, Estee Lauder and Lancome and i've finally found my perfect one. It literally covers up all my pores making my skin look flawless! It also lasts all day long, whether i'm at uni or work all day it keeps my make up in place. Don't think I will be changing primers ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyNP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best pore filler I've tried (and I've tried lots, high end to low). I have medium to large sized pores to the apples of my cheeks and nose, and this makes my skin look smooth. It's also good at smoothing fine wrinkles. My skin is dry so this isn't too oily for me, but I can see where this may not be ideal for those with oily skin. Also, my makeup lasts a longer when I use this. Be sure, however, to allow it to dry, or set, a little before applying foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by tashy00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I use it mostly in the under eye area and it works wonderfully. I used to favor the Nars Skin Smoothing Face Prep for the under eye area but this beats the Nars one. This primer is easy to spread, non irritating , and really smoothens out the under eye area so wrinkles and lines are less obvious. This also keeps concealer from caking and wearing off which is a plus. Haven't really used this all over my face as it is quite pricey and I don't feel I really need it. Love the cute jar and the spatula that comes with it. Would def. buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For me, this makes quite a difference. I layer about three products under my eyes, and this helps prevent them from settling into my lines. It also prevents foundation around my nose from being eaten away by my skin, and it does smooth out my pores and definitely helps my foundation from budging through out the day. The SA who recommended this to me said that this primer is best for minimal usage, as in it is probably best to use this only in certain areas where you feel you need it and not a very good product to use all over your face. I disagree with her, I adore this for every area of my face. My skin is very oily, and while this definitely does not do anything to prevent oils from breaking through, it really helps my makeup survive blotting. A little goes a long way, though I did manage to go through a whole jar. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by BelllaB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The product is ok, but it doesn't really do a lot of smoothing.

I wanted to see if the product made any difference.

I applied it around my eye area on one side of my face only and proceeded to apply make up as usual.

I couldn't notice any difference from one side to the other, nor could my sister. She is very discerning and very honest about her evaluations!

I feel like a bit of a guinea pig with these expensive products that do not really do much.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jenniferblaufrau

I am very minimalist with my makeup and, until now, never used a primer of any kind -- just a little bit of powder foundation. But I decided I wanted to try something that would lessen the appearance of my large pores. I read a ton of reviews and did my research before investing in a quality product that sounded like it would work. It's a little pricey, but it's worth it. You don't need much, and I should easily get 100 uses out of this jar.

The product is very easy to apply, and it definitely reduces the appearance of pores and fine lines, and makes my skin look smoother. When I use this, I think my skin looks like it did 10 years ago -- fresh, smooth, and glowing.

It's not perfect. Sometimes, the foundation does settle into the pores and show up more obviously than it normally would, but with a little patting and smoothing, I can usually get rid of most of that.

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and have had no breakouts or adverse effects, which is a relief.

I might try other primers to compare, but I believe I have found the right one for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/26/2011 7:42:00 PM More reviews by AFerber

I had high hopes because of some of the other reviews, however, I am very disappointed by this product. I have large pores & very oily skin. This smoothed out my face a bit but not enough. It also made my face feel greasy & only slightly minimizes my pores.