September 30, 2014 | 2077 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2012 2:35:00 PM More reviews by lisa1229

this primer is really high-quality and works really well. HOWEVER, it is very expensive for the fill weight. I used to use this everyday and even use it without makeup because it covers my pores and make my skin look flawless. But i stopped purchasing this because 1 jar would only last me a month and it was getting a bit too pricey for my regular makeup routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by GobblesIII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry skin but work in a very humid place. I bought this under the impression that it was mattifying. While it doesn't seem to decrease the appearance of my pores much, it is not an oily primer, but you have to use the smallest amount, as it goes quite far. It's not 100% mattifying either though, it's somewhere in the middle, and so I'm sitting on the fence. It's expensive, but lasts for a long time. It makes my skin feel silky smooth after application, and my Clarins foundation seems to stay on pretty well on top of it. I would purchase again, but only online for a cheaper price, and only because I'm too scared to go searching for a new primer at this point. Using something average is better than taking another chance and ending up with something worse!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by lilbunnie

I had the sample of this for a wedding last summer and my face looked so perfect and smooth and my make up looked almost the same 20 hours later. Did not break out from it and it`s just amazing i`ll buy the jar when I have more money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2012 2:18:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just finished a jar of this stuff and I plan to re-buy. I found that this primer, out of all the primers I have tried is the best for skin that had uneven texture. I suffered through acne and have some unfortunate depressions left from acne scar on my face (ie. ice picks). Using this dramatically can fill in those areas and help create a smooth base for foundation. It has a thicker consistency than most primers but it blends in really well into the skin.

You don't need very much for the whole face as it spreads amazing, but you can build up the primer if you have areas on your face that need extra filling. I really recommend this stuff for those with large pores or acne scarring as I haven't found a similar primer that can do the same. This primer does not dry matte nor does it control oil. I have dry skin so I found this primer not to be drying. Also many primers have irritated my skin and this did not irritate at all. Actually I found that it somehow calmed the redness in my skin. This primer also works well with a variety of foundations without having that 'balling up' problem other primers have.

The reason I took one lippie off, is that it is pricey for how much you get. $32 CAN for 15 ml. I hate the fact it comes in a jar too because I am acne prone. I always uses the spatula it came with and wash it after every use. Wished it came in a pump. There is a stick version of this but you get so little product for almost the same price as the jar which is not worth it in my opinion. For daily use, (and filling in acne scars build-able by the way) this lasted me about 7 months. It does claim to be 'non-comedogenic' and I have not broken out using this all over my face. Overall I will re-buy. Also note the latest formula of this has been formulated without parabens for thoes concerned. Other primers that I have used that I no longer use are: Smashbox, Nars, BareMinerals, CoverFx Prep, Boscia and Benefit pore-professional.

****Update 5/30/2012 - I am on my 3rd jar. My last jar lasted me from 9/2011 to about 4/2012. I love it but I still keep 1 lippie of because it's in a jar and the price for what you get is very little.

****Update 5/20/2013 - I'm on a brand new jar of this. I can't recall if this is my 4th or 5th now since my last update. I still love this for acne/pitted scarring. No other primer can fill in like this. I also tried the Sephora brand wrinkle filler that is suppose to be like this but it kept balling up under my foundations. I still haven't had that problem with this.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 8:13:00 PM More reviews by whiskeymittens

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this!
I, like many people, feel like I have HUGE pores and really wanted a substantial primer that would make my foundation look better. I have tried many samples from Sephora but this is the best primer I've used so far for pore coverage and improving texture. I've purchased it twice so far and will continue to use it.

I don't love that it comes in a small "tub" that you have to scoop from but because it's thick, this is probably the only packaging option.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by brjsmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Just tried this last week....turned 40 a few months ago and started noticing under eye wrinkles that were driving me nuts. A little dab under each eye and the lines are almost gone. I have used it with or without concealer and it looks great either way......will repurchase way before I run out!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 1:12:00 AM More reviews by dandelion1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great product. fills in the pores on my nose and on my cheeks, controls oil, smooths out the face and keeps your foundation long-lasting.

IMO this is not a product for the whole face, but only for spot-treating - ie apply on areas that are dry and flaky, oily and with large pores. you only need a tiny amount otherwise it will never set and get absorbed by the skin. with this product, you have to wait for 2 or 3 min for it to set to form a barrier between the face and the foundation.

in terms of packaging, could be more hygienic if it is in a tube... but i am not too fussy so the jar packaging is alright for me.

Lastly, this product lasts SO LONG! I bought it 2 years ago and i still have half of the jar left... tho not until recently that i started using it daily.. but still.. i reckon a jar could easily last you 6 months with daily use coz you only need a tiny amount each time...

Overall i am extremely happy with this product as i did not expect much at the start and bought it without any research. I will definitely repurchase this once i finish this jar... which i think will not be til mid 2012 OoO...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 12:37:00 PM More reviews by misheo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The BEST Primer ever. I have used many primers from Napoleon, Estee Lauder and Lancome and i've finally found my perfect one. It literally covers up all my pores making my skin look flawless! It also lasts all day long, whether i'm at uni or work all day it keeps my make up in place. Don't think I will be changing primers ever again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2011 9:21:00 AM More reviews by BrittanyNP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Best pore filler I've tried (and I've tried lots, high end to low). I have medium to large sized pores to the apples of my cheeks and nose, and this makes my skin look smooth. It's also good at smoothing fine wrinkles. My skin is dry so this isn't too oily for me, but I can see where this may not be ideal for those with oily skin. Also, my makeup lasts a longer when I use this. Be sure, however, to allow it to dry, or set, a little before applying foundation.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by tashy00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. I use it mostly in the under eye area and it works wonderfully. I used to favor the Nars Skin Smoothing Face Prep for the under eye area but this beats the Nars one. This primer is easy to spread, non irritating , and really smoothens out the under eye area so wrinkles and lines are less obvious. This also keeps concealer from caking and wearing off which is a plus. Haven't really used this all over my face as it is quite pricey and I don't feel I really need it. Love the cute jar and the spatula that comes with it. Would def. buy this again.