October 1, 2014 | 1071 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Oil -Free

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Isabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find this primer hydrating and soothing. When I use this I skip the moisturizer, which is amazing considering my skin tends to be dehydrated and moisturizer is a must (even if I'm more on the oily side).... but this product hydrates my skin like no other primer I've used.
This is the primer I reach for when my skin is flaky. It improves the texture and helps makeup look so much better!
It comes in a squeeze tube that is light but feels sturdy. I only use a pea sized amount each time so I feel it's going to last a long time.
Being oil-free I expected something thicker, more gel-like instead of creamy. Don't buy it if you want to be matte, because this product is not mattifying in the least. And remember, a little goes a long way, never overdo the primer otherwise you will just get the opposite result!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm surprise the reviews for this is no higher than a 3? This primer is actually fairly decent, I have venture to primers lately, ever since I purchased Mac select spf 15 (the liquid), it goes on veryyyyy blotchy partially b/c it dries so quickly to a powder finish (i use to use face/body which leaves a very smooth/hydrating/even finish), anyway, I like the select BUT I must use a primer prior to applying the foundation, which is the pits b/c I never use primer (i have good skin- just apply moisturizer before foundation is good enough for me), anyway, as i was looking through the popular primers at sephora, i decided to give the laura mercier one a try, I got a generous sample of the oil-free version, been using this for a little over a week and i hav to say with their vitamin a,e, c, d it makes my skin even smooother! i really like it, and my foundation goes on flawlesssss except at the end of the day, the transfer is awful but u can't have a perfect product for the amt you get and the price, it's one of the better primers i think, i haven't tried too many other primers but this one is good that i'd purchase the entire tube. I tried the sephora luminizing primer (that leaves streaks and slips & slides)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 11:36:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

YES YES YES I would buy it again!!! Or better yet, I actually need to purchase my first ever tube lol!!! I was given a pot with some of this in it by the amazing LM assistant as a sample for me to try before I buy. Well! Today I have used it for the first time, I only needed a tiny bit so this little pot will last me maybe a week or 2, and my skin felt smooth as a babys bum! On putting my LM oil free TM on with my usual foundation brush, the difference was VERY VERY noticable! It glided on and blended much better, and now, at 16.35pm, my makeup looks like it did this morning!!! Normally my TM would be patchy, half rubbed off unknowingly by myself etc, so this is my HG primer, hands down!!! Cant really understand why its not got 100% raving reviews tbh, my sin can be problematic at the best of times and for it to work so well on me is beyond fantastic!!!!

PS why are people thinking it is a mattifying primer?! It doesnt say that on the tube/pack/or even her own website!!! Its a primer if your skin is oily, it just helps your makeup last longer than if it were a primer with oil in it!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by SweetTartx3

I bought this cause of all the positive reviews on the sephora site, and i am always on the hunt for a good primer for oily skin. this really does the trick. it keeps the oil at bay and leaves ur skin silky smooth and at the end of the day your makeup will still look pretty damn good. im impressed by the staying power. amazing primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by SkinObsesh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Man, I was a little shocked to see so many bad reviews on this product, but everyones skin is different! I will say I LOVE this primer. I did my own makeup for my wedding, and it literally made it look flawless and stay on the entire time. When I do wear foundation sometimes, I always use this and it just looks so much better. Also, it did not break me out.
Keep in mind, as another review mentioned, it's purpose isn't really to absorb oil, so don't be looking for it to necessarily mattify your skin. I'm sure some do, but this one is more for smooth application and long lasting foundation. I used to not wear primer, but it does make a huge difference. Can't hurt to at least try it out! :) And while you're at it, her foundation is pretty amazing as well. I'm known to skip around on my products because I just love trying new things, but I was actually super impressed with her line and I will def be sticking with it!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 4:10:00 PM More reviews by vrescsanski

I got this product as part of the LM Oil Free Flawless Face Kit at Sephora. I had read positive online reviews of LM products for combination/oily skin. I really wish I had saved my money. I've never used a primer before so I was hoping the Oil Free Primer would keep me shine-free all day. The Oil Free Flawless Face Kit contains Primer, Tinted Moisturizer, some kind of Secret Concealer, Camouflage Powder and a direction sheet that I followed to apply all of the products. I tried this on a Saturday so I'd have a chance to try it out before I wore it to work. By noon my face was absolutely oily. The concealer was lying in creases under my eyes and my face could have been used to send an SOS signal across the ocean. Since then I've been using only the Primer under various other products (Bare Minerals Matte Foundation, Revlon Color Stay) but haven't had much success staying matte beyond noon. I haven't touched the Tinted Moisturizer or the Secret Concealer again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by kindofobsessed

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm so glad to know I'm not the only girl in the world who disliked this product. I returned it and the Sephora associate looked at me like I was nuts. I just feel like I could have put a hand lotion on my face to achieve the same effect. It didn't control oil at all, in fact, I think it made it worse. It didn't have any of the benefits of a silicone-based moisturizer (I knew that going in, but it just further proves my point), and felt mask-like. My face wanted it off the second it was applied.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by pearce38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have laura mercier hydrating primer is lovely product and really gives good base for your makeup. Wish was a bit cheaper £28 pounds space NK but does last a while as only need small amount. Will be buying nars primer next time had makeover and found this lot more moistursing plus has spf12 included and £25.00.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2011 11:10:00 AM More reviews by sunday1966

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't agree with all the negative reviews. This primer doesn't feel oily or sticky once it's applied. My foundation went on really well and I needed less foundation than usual, when I don't use a primer.

I think there's a difference between an oil free primer and a primer that actually mattifies the skin. This primer is oil free but it's not a miracle worker when it comes to oil control.

It's good enough for my oily skin though. It's not overly drying, doesn't emphasize fine lines and does not block my pores. I will probably buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Rety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really want to love this LM product because many of my friends suggest this to me. However it made my skin feel like "tingle", which push me on the fence side. It doesn't contribute to "oil control" for me, and it didn't goes on very well with my GA LSF; but the loose setting powder by LM did a good job on oil control and flawless skin.