Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil -Free

2.9

Water (Aqua), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Isodecyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C22-20 Alcohols, Squalane, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Esters, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Silica, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Allantoin Tocopherol Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hamaelis Viginiana (Witch Hazel) Extract, Cucumis sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Retinyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Polyamino Sugar Condesate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Chlorphensin, Benzoic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Saccharomyces/Xylium Black Tea Ferment, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Green 5 (CI 61570), Yellow 5 (CI 19140).

on 10/7/2011 12:22:00 AM

UPDATED REVIEW - Still loving this primer!!

SInce writing the old review (below), I have probably purchased half a dozen tubes of this primer. I absolutely adore this product because it doesn't irritate my acne prone skin at all. It feels light and helps my foundation last longer. This has become a HG product for me. It's a must in my every day routine. Everything that I wrote below is still how I feel about the product. I would recommend it to anyone with acne or redness prone skin.
_______________________________________________
OLD REVIEW

I tried a sample of this product and I'm very impressed with how it has controlled my oily T-zone. I know it's not a mattifyer but I think it has helped control the shine.

Normally by now (afternoon 3pm) I would be an oily mess and would have to powder my face to keep my foundation and oil under control, but I've noticed that the general appearance of my face is a lot smoother than it would normally be. Obviously this primer has helped my foundation last longer.

I haven't used this product many times but I can tell already that it isn't going to cause acne. I like that it is oil free and doesn't contain any silicone. This is great news for my acne-prone, combination/oily skin.

Also, it feels very light and is absorbed into the skin quickly.

I've used other primers including a primer from MAC but I find that they generally feel very artificial and thick. Plus, I think they cause acne.

However, this primer is an exception. I am considering buying this product.

on 9/8/2011 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I really enjoy this primer. Smoothes things out and really does hold the product. I purchased this back in December and I'm just coming to the bottom of it! I use just a little bit everyday. It's definitely worth the price.

on 8/25/2011 11:33:00 PM

This is by far one of the worst foundation primers I have used. Luckily, I got a sample a Sephora and did not have to waste my cash. The application was light, as so was the effect. It did nothing for me.

on 8/8/2011 10:04:00 PM

This just seems like a moisturizer to me. It did nothing to make application better or anything last longer. Instead it made my face oily mid day. It was just like ick on my face. I tried with both liquid and mineral foundation. Returning.

on 8/8/2011 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really don't get why every LOVES this so much. I only had it for a few days with high hopes but ended up returning it. I tried it a few mornings, and by the middle of the day, (3-4 hours later) you couldn't even tell I had used it. I have combo/ oily skin so my t-zone and chin are my problem spots. Didn't do anything for me. Very disappointed, especially with all the hype. Still on a search. Will update later if I find my HG.

on 8/6/2011 11:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

For such a expensive primer, it sure didn't work very well. I have combination skin with a oily T-zone. The texture was fine and it applied well. However, it does nothing for oil control for my T-zone. It made it worse! It lasted for about 3 hours for me. Then I would use the Laura Mercier Smooth Focus Pressed Setting Powder (Shine Control) and keep applying it EVERY HOUR to control shine for my 10-12 hour days.

Two, it doesn't help with bumps because for me they are differently as visible as before and I use a full coverage foundation.

This was my first primer I've ever used and it wasn't a great experience at all! >_>

on 8/5/2011 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is great primer. It smooths the skin before foundation, but it can also be used as a moisturizer, which is great for traveling. Can you imagine getting ready to go out, and all you have to do after you tone (and whatever treatment or not that you prefer to use), is apply this and then your foundation??
And they create one for every skin type!

on 7/26/2011 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I've been using this for upwards of a month now, and it works fine with SOME foundations (at least I've found,) like NARS Sheer Glow, but not as great as others. Whatever. It doesn't smell, and it's not oily so my pores are never clogged after using it. The packaging is fine and about what I expected. While I think this primer is good, I'm not overly impressed with it and will probably search for a cheaper primer in the future.

on 7/19/2011 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

Laura Mercier's Foundation Primer does allow you to set a good preparation for foundation. I like it because it's not too thick neither too watery. It is oil-free, so does not clog my pores and also scented-free. I said I wouldn't repurchase this product ONLY BECAUSE I would like to try other primers. Overall, it's a good primer, just a little bit pricey.

on 7/1/2011 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This product SUCKED! S-U-C-K-E-D! So the whole purpose of a primer is to create a smooth base for foundation application and to help keep makeup stay on longer. This primer so did the exact opposite of that. Just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating this I tried it out with multiple different foundation, but the end result was still the same. This primer comes in a tube and the product is a white,clear kind of gel-y texture, not super gel-y. This primer applies really easily, it glides on your face with no problem. the downside of this primer is that it makes your face look even more greasier as oppose to not wearing any primer at all. I did not like this product at all, waste of money, and it is pretty pricey. I was expecting more because the SA said this was one of the most popular primer next to Smashbox primer, which I actually enjoyed using more than this LM primer. This primer was a total failure, it did the opposite of what a primer is suppose to do, and I would definitely not recommend this foundation to combination or oily skin. For dry skin? Maybe because it is moisturizing which is a good thing for gals with dryer skin. I also noticed that while using this primer, I broke out with a lot of tiny little pimples throughout my entire face.