July 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - FRUCTIS Sleek and Shine - Leave-in Conditioning Cream

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's okay. I was expecting more from it, and didn't get the results I wanted. It doesn't do much more than a regular conditioner. Won't repurchase. I will continue using it though.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkieNut

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I can't think of any other way to describe this product other than, well, just average. My thick hair eats up a LOT of it, which is fine because its only about $2.99 for a pretty decent sized bottle, but it really didn't do any further moisturizing for me. It's decent for if you really need it, but really won't do anything to improve your hairs condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by ilikeegg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

On Dry Hair:
Mixed results. Sometimes this will actually feel like it "conditions" my hair, it softens and makes it more manageable. More than often it will make it sticky, crunchy and the make strands of my hair seem permanently wet.

I don't like surprises so I do not use this product on dry hair. Neutrogena's leave in is the only good one I've found for dry hair.

Wet hair that is then blow dried:
Leaves my hair very soft and smooth at the ends.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2011 4:51:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to buy this to help moisturize my dry hair. In addition to being dry, it's also very coarse and very long. It just drank up the conditioner, meaning I didn't get a lot of applications out of the bottle. I didn't notice a huge difference, but because it was cheap, and I didn't see negative results, I bought another bottle.

I think on my second bottle, I started to realize the cons of this product. It does smell nice, but it's a synthetic fruity, sugar smell. And it does hydrate initially, but once my hair dries, it goes back to feeling dry. It doesn't defrizz, or smooth my hair, and it weighs it down. Getting it out of the bottle is a challenge and getting it onto my waist length hair evenly is a difficult!

I won't buy another bottle because I simply don't see it's usefulness. I know others have had better results, but for me, it just might be better to deep condition once a week, and resume my search for a leave-in conditioner that works better for me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by Artbum

I too find great luck with Garnier Fructis products, and I love the signature scent :) The quality is excellent for the price. I used to spend alot of money on salon brand haircare, but on a single salary (family lives on), I cannot do that right now...I don't like a lot of drugstore brand hair product lines, except Fructis and Renpure. Now that the weather's cooling off, I was looking for a good inexpensive leave-in cond., sans silicones (very drying) and formulated with natural oil(s). I loved the new packaging (typography, design) of the new bottle and for $4, not a gamble. I use this on damp hair, comb through, put up in a loose chignon. I like this product much better than Sebastian Potion 9.
EDIT 11/12/11: After using this product for several weeks now, it is too heavy for my fine hair. I'm finding much smaller (gumball size) is the best amount, certainly not the "quarter-size" they say!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I use to use this in high school, it did nothing for my hair!
The scent was sweet and fruity which was pleasant, but it was quiet strong. After about 1hr, the scent was soo overwhelming that my head was starting to ache, and once it does that it, the head ache stays through out the day.
This oddly enough make my hair very sticky, like I've got shampoo still left in my hair, no shine whatsoever.
The scent to this day still haunts me and I havent touched a bottle of this in like 5 years.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2011 4:37:00 AM More reviews by MissBeautyJunkie

My hair: Extremely frizzy hair, frizzes up imediately in humidity, dry, a bit lackluster, and pretty dry ends.
I don't use heat on my hair, haven't for a year. But my hair is still partially damaged from highlighting and coloring my hair, it felt like straw....I have cut my hair 3 times to get rid of dead ends but my ends are still kinda dry

ANYWAYS PRODUCT:
First use: It felt like I put nothing in my hair, I regretted buying this.
Second use: OMG!, This is amazing! My hair is noticably less frizzy, don't know about the humidity thing, makes my hair UBER SOFT!, De-puffed my hair or is sleeker and shinier! I love it! Def repurchase,

Packaging:
Whatever, the product is what matters...tho sometimes I squirt too much :P and have to open the top to pour it back in. and I've noticed when you close it some comes out but I've dealt with products with the same top so I can deal with it.
It was like3 dollars!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by VANILLADROPZ

This is pretty amazing stuff. My thick, wavy hair is usually very unresponsive to most product and tends to do it's own thing. The sleek and shine leave in conditioner moisturizes my hair and styles it as well. I won't put it on everyday as a styling product though because it builds up a lot. I love the fresh scent of this product and I did like the effect it had when applied on wet hair and then blow-dried. I also like to just apply it to wet hair and let it dry naturally. It still gives a little bounce but also leaves shiny with a bit of wave in it. It also keeps your hair more conditioned and manageable.
However, applied to dry hair, Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream, left my hair limp and lifeless. I didnít like the effect at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:38:00 PM More reviews by livinlife23

I thought this was great...until I tried bumble and bumble. I have used this for over a year and stopped when I could no longer find it in stores. It provides moisture. It's average and gets the job done. This is one of those products that I'm not in love with but would return to and always know I can count on it when need be. As far as drugstore leave in conditioners, this is definitely one of the best. If you are on the hunt for new leave in cream that's budget friendly, I reccomend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 5:48:00 PM More reviews by earlyautumnbreeze

This was $3 at my local Wal-Mart when I got it almost two years ago. Although I don't use it everyday, it's only halfway done.
This leave-in conditioner (plus the anti-frizz serum from the same collection, sleek and shine) is my secret to super soft hair. A lot of people ask me how I get my hair so soft, and they never believe me when I tell them that the product I use is only $3.
I take showers at night, and put this in my hair from my neck and down, once it's 90% dry. Then I put in the anti-frizz serum, go to sleep, and in the morning my hair's super soft.