Avene Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

4.4

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glycerin, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Zinc Oxide, Propylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-2-Sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/Dodecyl Glycol Copolymer, Aluminum Sucrose, Octasulfate, Aluminum Stearate, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Zinc Sulfate.

on 7/6/2011 1:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Believe it or not, I don't use this as a spot treatment on the scratches, scars, pimples, wounds etc. but as day and night cream. I had a fraxel treatment in february, to remove a chicken pox scar on my cheek and my derm gave me a small package (the tiny one you can't buy, looks like a sample) of Cicalfate to treat my skin and though I only should have use it for a week, I purchased a bigger tube, as it worked so well on my entire face. It doesn't make my skin less oily and I need a blotting paper after 4 hours but it provides a beautiful glow, it hydrates my skin to the maximum and I can't believe I'm saying this but: even though it's a heavy cream, it didn't clog my (still large and therefor more clog-prone) pores, cause breakouts, make the applicaton of a bb cream a pain or anything like that. The only thing I could complain about is that it doesn't provide oil-control but then again: hey, this wasn't ment to be used as a moistrizer but my skin looks awesome (even, glowy, clear) and there were 0 irritations so far thanks to the soothing Avene thermal water which accounts for 45% in this cream and I assure you that my skin is of a very bitchy sensitive//highly clog-prone//oily kind so I was very pleased to see that this 12.90 CHFr. (about 13$) cream works so well on my skin. I'll attach a photo of my skin only with a layer of Avne Cicalfate, so you can have a look and get a picture of it. So all in all: definitely 5 lippies for Avene Cicalfate!

on 5/3/2011 3:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

WOW!
This cream is great for healing eczema, redness, acne, sunburns etc. I've used it as a nightcream when my face is itchy, blotchy, irritated and have acne, and this makes such a difference! Will always have this by hand. Keep up the good work, Avene!

UPDATE: I've used this as a rescue remedy all summer long, and my feelings for this product havn't change! This is what I reach for if an irritation occurs (because I do react to a lot of products, and especially since I love trying new things). I also use it as a spot treatment, if I get an insect bite and so on!

THIS IS A MUSTHAVE!!

I love this! I recently experienced a really bad breakout and some serious irritation from another product. Totally desperate, I picked up some of this at my local london drugs, and it's been really great. I have acne-prone, super sensitive, clog-prone skin with rosacea, so it can be difficult navigating all these needs, but this works wonders.

Has calmed down my skin, and though its only been a week, has not caused any breakouts. There is no fragrance to this cream (that is essential for my sensitive skin!) and it has a really minimal list of ingredients. For those of you worried about mineral oil, check skincareman's notepad, there is nothing wrong with mineral oil in cosmetics and skincare!

I mix a little bit of this in my palm with avene skin recovery cream, and pat over slightly damp skin. It does a great job of moisturizing and balancing out redness. I absolutely love this stuff and will never stray! Makes my face look glowy and great. I don't think it's supposed to be used as an all over face cream, but my skin's barrier has been so compromised, I need something that will speed its healing. This also works really well to speed healing of pimples and little scars. I will stop using this all-over once my skin is in a better place, but till then, I love this!

on 1/27/2011 2:03:00 PM

Growing up in Germany, I have used this cream on and off all through my teens. Helps with eczema, heals little cuts and scrapes, including little oozing wounds after squeezing a pimple. I usually would put a small amount on a little, square shaped band-aid and then leave it on a pimple/scar over night.. In the morning, only a little red dot would remind me of the blemish. This cream is really great for all those using retinol containing creams or receiving chemical/physical peels, as they tend to irritate skin.

A tip for all those who think this cream is overpriced... Get the Zinc Oxide cream for Baby Butt rashes... They're essentially the same product, may be a little bit less creamy and more white. I promise, you won't regret it! What heels sensitive and adorable baby butt rashes, will do wonder to any part of you body;-) LOL And, it is dirt cheep in comparison - starting at 4-8 $ for a huge amount. I like the one by Johnson & Johnson. Good luck trying it out!

on 1/4/2011 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

OMG if I could give this stuff 5 bajillion stars I would. I use this as an everyday winter face moisturizer. My skin loves this stuff so much. At first I broke out a couple places but I just kept up with it and now it doesn't break me out and it actually heals my zits SO much faster. The price is pretty decent too. Lasts a couple months so $20 isn't bad at all. I also use this on my feet to keep them soft. I love this stuff so much. Highly recommended!!!

on 12/6/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely saved my eyelids. For some reason I started getting red sunburned itchy swollen eyelids, dermatologist could not understand why. It took 3 weeks for the allergy to disappear and seeing as it happened on a monthly basis it was hell...... I tried every cream I could think of..then I tried thisand wayhay 3 weeks looking like my husband hit me was reduced to 6 days...theres nothing else to say..its a wonder cream.

on 11/14/2010 2:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I absolutely love this product! It is not that expensive, rather at normal drugstore prices, and for me with my very sensitive skin (which used to have acne when I was a young teenager) it is a perfect product to use from now and then when my skin feels a little bit itchy, irritated or simply when it lacks of glow. I don't use it as an everyday mosturizer and especially NOT under makeup since this cream is very heavy and very white (because it has zinc in it). I simply use it before bedtime about once a week or sometimes even less often. In the morning, my skin feels soft, smooth and is cleared out of redness. I don't really know how skin that has problems with big pores would react on this cream, since I only have problems with spots and breakouts. But for anyone who has a rather acne-prone and sensitive skin, I would definitely recommend this cream!

on 11/3/2010 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Sorry to contradict the other reviewers, but for me this cream did absolutely nothing - I has a small irritation on my chin and it did nothing for it, except drying the skin even more. I also tried to use it as a cuticle cream as a reviewer suggested, but also I didn't noticed any results. Too expensive for what it delivers.

on 10/22/2010 4:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

HG! Heals and soothes traumatized skin from over exfoliation and sunburn like nothing else. The white cream is light and tones down the red so I could go about my day without self-consciousness. Better than antibacterial greasy creams. It works on any and all irritation, from pimple to razor burn. Can't recommend strongly enough!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is an amazing healing product. I didn't think that it would help much with acne, and I was right. It's not specifically designed for that, it's for restoring skin and such. Although, it did seem to decrease the number and severity of acne during the night/day. It makes your skin feel so fresh and smooth after using it, not to mention your skin has a healthy glow! Avene never fails me, and this is just another fantastic thing they have produced. Highly recommended to anyone!