November 23, 2014 | 1630 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme Restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:11:00 AM More reviews by fancy77

This product is truly amazing! It saved my skin all over my body and not only my face. I think people are a little confused about this product. It's not a cream to be used as a day/night cream but a restorative skin cream. It's like polysporin, but 100 times better and with more uses. It's to spot treat cuts or burns to the skin.. cuts or scrapes are healed in days. Use it after skin treatments such as laser skin rejuvenation or laser hair removal...any redness will disappear. Use it to spot treat pimples when they are healing or scabby. I've used it on a hive or rash and it calmed and removed the redness. I have a million ways to use this cream and it worked wonders every time. A little also goes a long way...my tube lasts forever!
p.s. check out the instruction of use for this product and use it correctly!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2010 7:39:00 PM More reviews by shandwork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Sorry I really wanted to like this product. The texture felt like for sure this is going to be soothing. Instead it caused burning and irritation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2010 12:53:00 PM More reviews by crabu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this product for burning,tight,stinging,scaly and flaky skin.Does work alot better than polysporin and its more moisturizing.Will keep on using this product when needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Andrujka

I started using this one week ago; tried Bioderma Sebium AI and i broke out had about 5 cystic spots, my face was red, irritated and peeling - worst ever.

First weekend: avene cleanance gel,avene thermal water and Avene Cicalfate twice a day, before bed Bioderma Sebium H2o before this cream. The next morning i could already see some results, skin was still red, but looked more healhty. I could'n see any effects for the 5 cystic pustules, neither good nor bad.

I find this cream rich and heavy, so i can't used in the morning if i have to go out that day, so for the next week i've combined Cicalfate with Diacneal for spot treatment and Aderma Epitheliale AH - regenerating cream in the mornings.

The results are AMAZING after a week. Yes. Amazing.
My skin looks so much healthier, old acne scars are already fading. Combine this with Diacneal for spot treatments and you will be amazed of the results.

My skin is very sensitive to heavy texture creams, when i saw how greasy this is, I was 90% sure it's gonna give me red little bumps. But didn't happened. I've applied a generous thick layer of this on my skin - still with no problems. This is definitely my night cream from now on.

About the price: this costs about half the price of Avene Hydrance Optimale Legere i was using before.

Bottom line: great price, hydrating and regenerating.
I highly recommend using this every day, not only for spots, for the entire face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Helenaray

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a YES and NO product for me. I tried so hard to convince myself to like it. In general, I love Avene products.

I had redness on my skin, so I put Avene spray, then,put this product on for one week. It got drier and felt more painful.

However, it was helpful around my nose. My pores are invisible now. I am very impressed. I am thinking that this cream is helpful for my T-zone.

I will update later. I have to see how my opinion changes when I finish the tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by thebonita

My skintype: Very sensitive, reactive and dermatitis-prone. Acne/clog-prone.

This has been a true staple for me for years now. This has seriously saved my skin so many times. After two courses of Accutane, my skin has become really, seriously, depressingly sensitive. I'm pretty much unable to use any actives at the moment. Anyway, let me start off with a little story that will hopefully demonstrate how this cream is incredibly healing for me, hopefully without going way off topic! :)

I usually experience a lot of hairfall when I diet, so being the silly person that I am, in an act of desperation, I bought this really expensive herbal solution you're supposed to apply topically to the scalp to help with hairloss. Anyway, so one day I decided to give the solution a whirl....I applied it all over my scalp and because it's a liquid it started running down my face. I tried to wipe it quickly. Soon after, the traces of where the solution streaked on my face turned RED...as in, BEET RED. My face started swelling up, my lips started puffing up. I was horrified so I jumped into the shower to wash the damned thing off my head and face but when I came out, my face was WORSE....it was now on my hands, neck, it looked so very scary. In a fit of absolute terror, trying not to hyperventilate, I decided I was going to wait an hour to see if it gets better before I head to emergency. I applied a really thick layer of Avene Cicalfate ALL over my face, neck and hands and then lay down, immobile...waiting for the time to pass. An hour later, I wiped the Cicalfate off from a section of my face to find my skin had calmed down, dramatically!....3 hours later my face was back to it's normal state. I was ecstatic!!!

Don't expect this cream to be cosmetically elegant. It's far from that. It's thick, greasy and white but it's not supposed to be a daily thing. Honestly, this stuff works for me much better than hydrocortisone. It has 45% avene thermal spring water which is incredibly soothing and calming, I use the water on its own, another staple of mine.

This cream never breaks me out, in fact, I find it helps heal blemishes....afterall, it's an antibacterial cream owing to the copper and zinc salts in it. I also find it very moisturizing.

$24.95 for a 40 ml tube. Lasts a very long time!

Ingredients: Emulsion E/H, Zn 4% oxide, Zn 0,1% sulphate, Cu 0,2% sulphate, sucralfate 1%, thermal spring of Avène 45%, excipients qsp 100%. INCI formula: Avene water, caprylic/capric triglyceride, Paraffinum liquidum, glycerin, hydrogenated vegetable oil, zinc oxide, propylene glycol, polyglyceryl-2 sesquiisostearate, PEG-22/dodecyl glycol copolymer, aluminium sucrose octasulfate, aluminium stearate, Cera alba, copper sulphate, magnesium stearate, magnesium sulphate, will cera microcristallina, zinc sulphates.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by badchix84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Does this stuff actually work? I'm not so sure if it does. I went to this high-end drugstore one day because I needed something to alleviate my staph/impetigo scars and scratches I got. A nice, helpful lady gave me a generous sample so my skin could get better within a couple weeks. I'm on day 11 on this stuff, and although I am getting better, I can't honestly say that it's because of this cream. I've been surfing the internet high and low to find reviews on this product and about 98% of them are raving about it. The other 2 percent say that it doesn't really work...I'm beginning to believe that it doesn't.
When I looked through the website, I saw the before (Day 1) and after (Day 14) pics of the skin injuries...being on Day 11, I can tell you I am FAR from looking like the effects reported on Day 14. Anyone who would be looking at my face might think I should be on Day 5 or 7. Not only is this product slightly disappointing, but it's also really difficult to find in the states (since it's a European product) and it's pricey ($23 USD for a skinny, small tube)! Anyway, I'm still getting better, but I think by the time my sample runs out, I'm just going to regularly moisturize and use sunblock until the scars fade off and scratches heal on their own.

Update after 15 days: Okay, I'm really not impressed with the results. Ladies, do yourself a favor and invest in a cheaper alternative such as Neosporin or Aquaphor. Better yet, try an oil-free moisturizer packed with sunscreen over buying this stuff. The key to healing your skin is to moisturize like an OCD maniac and protect your skin from the sun, not spend it on expensive creams/lotions that take a while to work (I obviously need to listen to my common sense more).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2009 4:11:00 AM More reviews by iris82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product, allways keep one in the house, perfect for fading fresh and sometimes old scars away.
First tried it on a reddish herpes scar an outbreak left me under my lips. Didn't think it was going to work, after all it is was only a cheap pharmaceutical product, but luckily the ugly mark went away completely.
I feel so confident about this product that I don't even get stressed when I see a little scar or irritation, I know cicalfate is going to take care of it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/7/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by blondiegoodlooks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After overdoing it with chemical peels on my arms, the skin broke out in little red bumps, red/irritated and peeling skin, etc etc. I learned my lesson, so I decided to buy some of this based on the reviews here.

I can't offer much in the way of helpful advice, but all I can say is that after twice-daily application for three days, I see minimal improvement. It's getting better, that's for sure, but I doubt it wouldn't have improved this much had I just used Aquaphor and/or hydrocortisone.

In short, I think if you can afford to give it a try just for the heck of it, go ahead and try it, otherwise I would save your money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by terriv13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using Renova once a week, and while it is working and doing it's job like it's supposed to, I've had big problems with dryness and flaking along with some redness. I've tried just about everything, and was about ready to abandon the Renova, until I read about the Avene line here on MUA (as always, my bible that never let's me down!). I ordered the Cicalfate for night and the Cream for Intolerant Skin for daytime, and, wow am I impressed!! I waited for a few days before writing my review, as I tend to get too over-excited about something, and then have to eat crow when it backfires on me.... So, I've put the Cicalfate on sparingly every night, using more on the night that I use the Renova, and I've had FAR, FAR less flaking and irritation. If I do get a little flaking, I just dab some of this on, and it's soothed and gone. It allows me to use a gentle scrub to help with the exfoliation process from the Renova without further irritating my skin. I'm soooo happy!! Thanks again, MUA!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No