November 28, 2014 | 1847 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Definicils Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by meumar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is pretty much my go to mascara along with Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes.

I already have quite thick, long dark lashes, so I like my mascara to look natural and not clump - this mascara achieves that look.

If you like the look of natural lashes, then give this a try - though it is expensive for a mascara, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by louisamakeup

This is my go-to mascara, I love it. It doesn't clump which is perfect, and it makes my lashes look very natural and beautiful. This is more of the lengthening type of mascara rather than a volumizing. I already have long eyelashes and it doesn't make my lashes look shorter, which I find that certain mascaras do. I don't really like my lashes to look very volumized so if that's the look you want to achieve, this might not be for you. I gave it a 4/5 just because SOMETIMES it does kind of flake or whatever you call it, but it's not a problem if it's not a bit dried out though.

Sorry if my English isn't perfect, haha i'm not English ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Crystalgentzyel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a Lancôme mascara fan and I have used this mascara for years the only change up I do is I use it with the hypnose. I know it is a bit pricey, but it is so worth it. I am constantly being asked if I'm wearing false lashes. The hypnose provides volume and separation and the definicils gives me the length. It never smears, clumps or looks spidery.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by leilei465

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Summary: I purchased this in a Lancome set because I really wanted their eyelash curler and this mascara just happened to be included. Though Lancome is one of my favorite brands, I've never been fond of their mascaras because the first one I tried was such a nightmare I vowed to never buy one again. But when I received this in the mail from Nordstrom I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try." The mascara brush is thin, the bristles are very short, and it comes to a slight point. I didn't think I'd like the mascara when I first saw the wand, but I've actually come to like this mascara. It's not waterproof, so I knew there was no hope for it to be a base/staple mascara, and when I tried using it as a layering mascara, I noticed it clumps insanely to little balls at the base of my lashes, which are a pain (literally and figuratively) to remove. However, after a few attempts I've finally found a way to make this mascara work for me, and that is being a bottom lash mascara. It works so well with the thin brush because it doesn't smudge under my eyes when I'm applying it, and because it's a heavier formula, weighing down bottom lashes is a very good thing!

Pros: great brush, convenient tube (thin so it doesn't take up much space), aesthetically pleasing packaging, amazing bottom lash mascara

Cons: clumps if you try to use it on your top lashes

Overall Verdict: The best bottom lash mascara I've ever used, so much that it partially redeemed Lancome mascaras for me, I think I will repurchase this simply because it works so well on my bottom lashes, and it's one of the least expensive mascaras I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by greeneyestellnolies

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my go to my mascara. I haven't even considered trying any others once using this. It makes my lashes look amazing, so long and separated. The formula seems to be weightless so they do not get weighed down by multiple coats (although multiple coats is not really necessary with this). I think because of that, it also adds to the effect, lashes are lifted, opening the eye. It's a good thing :)
It is pricey, but worth every penny. When I first started using this I got so many compliments and questions, people thought I had fake lashes on or lash extensions etc.
It applies easily and the small brush allows you to get every lash, even the outer corners without smudging everywhere. This product stays, it does not flake and I admit I have slept in it and worn it the next day, still looking fresh. I love this and some days will wear just mascara because it looks that good.
[Just FYI, I do find it only ever starts to get flaky once the product itself is old/near the end of the tube.]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2013 4:41:00 AM More reviews by SusanEdwards

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had been buying it for years. I was under the impression that I will always use this mascara and when I even thought of mascara, lancome definicils' image was appearing in my brain. well... not anymore... it just doesnt give my eyelashes all length and fullnes they deserve. It is now not better than cheaper brands like covergirl and rimmel... now I am trying love alpha and kind of like it...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by RachelSiciliana

Definicils is my go-to mascara! This mascara is great for giving light volume, definition, seperation, and overall beautiful lashes. For me, Definicils does not give the false lash effect but I know that is not its promise so I am happy (L'Extreme will give those results). For the price of $30 CDN it is not cheap, but for me, it is a consistently good product that does not disappoint.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Nohinsara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my favourite mascara, and always the one that I fall back on as nothing seems to be able to kick it off the throne of greatness where I have placed it. It's not an overwhelming look, it's not the kind of mascara you want if you're looking for that super plump caked on look for lashes. It does what it says - It defines. It doesn't flake (I HATE flaking mascaras), and it doesn't clump. It's just good stuff. Shame about the price - Not cheap by any stretch of the imagination, and that's why I won't give it fully Lippies.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by PoisonIvy1273

This is my all time favorite mascara! This mascara defines, lengthens, and voluminous slightly. The brush is very simple so there is no getting used to anything. The formula is pretty wet. For reference I have short, thin, slightly curled lashes. This mascara makes my lashes look sooo much better than they actually do. This mascara also stays on VERY well! I have cried(no rubbing eyes) with this and the LancĂ´me Cils Booster XL and it did not budge a bit! No other mascara I've tried has been able to do that unless they are waterproof. I will most definitely CONTINUE to repurchase this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2013 11:15:00 PM More reviews by mjabf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Definicils is a wet formula that coats lashes without clumping. However, even with layering it doesn't offer significant volume or length. It also is not particularly good at holding a curl--I use two coats and although it doesn't go on heavy, my lashes droop and straighten out within an hour. Thankfully, no smudging! This is easy to remove with a regular cleanser. Overall, this would be a great everyday mascara for a natural look.