Lancome Definicils High Definition Mascara

3.7

Aqua/Water, Paraffin, Cera Alba/Beeswax, Acacia/Acacia Senegal Gum, Stearic Acid, Carnauba/Carnauba Wax, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Simethicone, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Panthenol, Polyquaternium-10, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, BHT. [ /- May contain: CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491/Iron Oxides]

on 10/28/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great product for darkening, lengthening, and defining, but the full-size packaging stinks (too much mascara is left on the brush). The GWP packaging and brush work much better.

This mascara does not thicken my very long (but thin) lashes.

I'd buy it again if I could get the equivalent amount in the GWP packaging.

on 10/24/2013 9:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I wanted to give a few of these well known high end mascaras a try. I chose Definicils because I like Lancome's products in general.

I was kind of disappointed with this mascara. It wasn't bad at all, but it wasn't any better than the drugstore mascaras that I'm familiar with. The packaging was fine but not too exciting with a plain black tube with gold writing. The brush reminded me of the Lash Stiletto brush from Maybelline.

It was a good formula in the way of not smudging or flaking, but I did have a little clumping. My lashes looked nice, but they didn't look any better than when I use my cheapy mascaras from Walgreens.

I wouldn't repurchase because it didn't do enough for my lashes and the high price.

on 9/29/2013 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This mascara does what it says: Defines lashes. It goes on with no clumps, does not flake and separates lashes well. The one thing I do not like is that while applying, it makes my eyes sting, but that fades as soon as it dries. If you can afford this, it is a fantastic product. However, I do not feel it's ENOUGH head and shoulders above almost-as-good products like LOreal Voluminous and Clinique to justify the price. EDIT: I decided this wasn't that great after I tried Clinique High Impact which I like better and is cheaper so I downgraded to 3 lippies.

on 8/24/2013 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I thought this stuff was amazing until I discovered Loreal Voluminous Million, which is the drugstore equivalent of Definicils, but might actually be a little better. Anyway, this is a wet formula that works great to define and lengthen lashes. It doesn't hold curl particularly well, so one lippie off for that. The packaging also cracked on me, so one lippie off for that. It's also very expensive for what it is.

on 8/12/2013 10:03:00 AM

I love this product! Instead of using it as my sole mascara, I use it after I have used my drugstore mascara. It adds extra length and really accentuates my eyes. I got this as a sample, therefore, price is not affected my review. I do recommend this product because it adds volume and length to otherwise limp lashes.

on 7/27/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The brush on this mascara is great for bottom lashes but just caused my top lashes to get clumpy and stick together. Then after trying to fix them they looked thin and spidery :( wont be purchasing this again which is a disappointment because I really wanted to like this!

on 7/11/2013 4:48:00 PM

I love this mascara! It gives length and volume, it's super black, it never smudges or flakes, and it coats each lash evenly in one layer (it does that better than any mascara I've tried before)! However it it quite pricey but worth the splurge every once and a while.

on 7/2/2013 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used this mascara off and on for many, many years. I'm using it currently, and it is not a bad product, but hasn't exactly swept me off my feet (what mascara does?). I like it best when the tube is first opened; for some reason it thickens more naturally then. The tube I'm using right now is about halfway done, and occassionally I have to really work to not have spidery lashes. It lengthens and thickens, but sometimes it requires work to move the product around on your lashes until it gives the lengthening and thickening effect rather than the stubby heavy effect.

on 7/2/2013 11:39:00 AM

This has been my go-to mascara since Max Factor's 2000 calorie mascara was discontinued in the US. I like the overall look and that it does not smudge. But has anyone else noticed that the formula does not seem to last as long as it used to? After a few hours my lashes look bare. Plus $28 for mascara is steep. Starting to look for a less-expensive drugstore option.

on 6/24/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Unimpressed - I purchased the waterproof formula which irritated my eyes ( I wear contact lenses) but my disappointment was really based on the fact that this mascara did nothing to add volume or length to my 52 yr. old aging lashes. I've gotten better results from drugstore Brand Loreal's Voluminous and Loreal's Telescope mascara.