Shiseido Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 8/16/2009 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

What I really like about this mascara is (a) it holds the curl in my poker straight eyelashes after I've assaulted them with an eyelash curler; (b) it actually helps to prevent my eyeliner from smudging. I think it's because the mascara acts as a barrier between my upper eyelid and my undereye area.

I agree that this mascara doesn't add a huge amount of volume or length, but sometimes mascara that gives you massively long and thick lashes can be quite scary. So I'm quite happy with this one for now.

The other downside is removing the mascara. I'm worried that I'm developing more wrinkles under my eyes as a result of wiping away the mascara everyday with a cotton pad. I actually try to wipe away the mascara against my upper eyelid by going underneath the lashes. Tricky, but it makes me feel better.

on 8/7/2009 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

After trying out all the name brands and the drugstore, I have to say that this mascara really outshines them all. It creates fantastic fans out of my sparse, asian lashes! Definitely make sure to curl with a traditional curler AND a heated curler for that VAVOOM effect. The traditional curler alone cannot adequately create that doll-eye, so gorgeous it must be fake lash look :) HG!

Edit: It comes off immediately with FANCL remover. The problem is I must frequently rewet my contacts due to dry eye syndrome, but my curls get taken out with the moisture. Therefore, while it doesn't run or smudge on me, it's not waterproof enough to hold up my curls. :( Off with a star! With that said, it performs very well if I don't cry or wet my eyes.

Would I buy it again? Maybe not. I think it may be time for me to try new things :)

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.
my holy grail. not even my $37 WATERPROOF guerlain mascara can compare to this little tube of heaven.
holds curls. does not smudge. i cried my eyes out and my makeup remained perfect which is less than what i can so for guerlain. smudge smudge smudge. okay maybe not AS bad as others but still less than perfect.
as for the removal, it is indeed harder to remove but have patience and some waterproof makeup remover and it'll come off.

on 7/1/2009 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love everything about this mascara: the comb, the formula, the packaging! It really lengthens my short lashes, and paired with Shiseido Mascara Base, I get perfect lashes everytime. I love the comb much better than regular mascara brushes because I can separate any clumps while I'm applying the mascara, which is very convenient for me. The price is also very reasonable for a mascara that does an awesome job. It's really unfortunate that MM discontinued this mascara, because I would definitely buy again.

on 6/24/2009 7:55:00 AM

I just got this mascara after looking at a ton of reviews on beauty blogs, and oh my god, this stuff is insanely awesome. It's one of my favorite mascaras, and the price is amazing.

1) Holds curls like woah. With my stick straight Asian lashes, I thought for years that buying mascara was all but useless--I've bought so many mascaras at so many different prices that simply never held the curl--they would always weigh down my lashes and make them all gross and clumpy, but never actually make them look nice and feathery. For Asian eyes, I think this is the most important quality a mascara should have, as there is no point if you have thick, voluminous lashes that no one can actually see because they are stick straight, sometimes even pointing down.

2) Lasts forever, through almost anything. I really don't get why people are complaining about this. Waterproof mascaras are mostly oil, silicon, and wax based, so you need an oily substance to remove it. My suggestion is to get a good, oil-based makeup remover and soak a cotton ball in it. Then, place it on your lashes for a little bit--there's no point in roughly rubbing your lashes with the cotton ball immediatly. Just let the solution soak through and gently rub it after a minute or so of soaking.

3) It's very flexible--use it alone for really long, separated lashes or use it on the tips of your lashes after a voluminizing mascara to enhance the first one.

4) Makes bottom lashes POP. So much better than any other lengthening mascara I've tried.

5) Reasonably priced. Not a $27 mascara like Givenchey, Dior or YSL. A couple bucks more than drugstore. Worth every penny.

6) I think the applicator is nice. I really don't use the blunter side with less teeth to put on the mascara, as I think the side with more teeth is sufficient. Takes getting used to, but you get so much more precision compared to normal, huge spoolies.

Phew. Glad I got all that out. Ignore the negative reviews--just take your time taking this stuff off and buy a nicer, OIL-BASED makeup remover with the money you saved from not buying a high-end, $30 mascara.

on 6/18/2009 3:37:00 AM

I love this mascara! It gives me great lashes - full, long and separated, keeps the curl up for the whole day and never smudges on me. I have really watery eyes which meant that many mascaras would flake and smudge after a few hours, however majolica's lash expander has never ever done that (even after crying). It comes off easily with the Loreal's waterproof eye makeup remover and Loreal's cashmere makeup remover. This is an awesome mascara, worth every single cent.

on 6/17/2009 12:44:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I really do love this mascara. I've been using it for a year. I thought I was in love with loreal panoramic curl (it fanned out my lashes and kept the curl in).. then I switched to Diorshow expecting more volume (hated it since it didn't keep a curl and didn't lengthen)... and then I switched to Fiberwig, which I loved, but hated that it didn't give me the volume and curling power I wanted.

This mascara is a total godsend. The comb applicator is much more precise and easy to work with than those regular fat brushes that would probably work best on long, full lashes (not short Asian lashes like mine). This mascara especially works best on the bottom lashes. It takes a bit of effort to take off (like everyone said below) but I think it's totally worth it. I bought the Shiseido mascara base so I'm going to start using it with that to see if it boosts the effects. I also bought YSl Faux Cils and did one of my eyes for comparison with the other eye, using Majolica alone. The one with Majolica looks WAY longer, but the YSL looks like I have more lashes (more separation). Nonetheless, I will choose Majolica over any mascara I have tried.

on 5/30/2009 5:21:00 PM

During a recent trip to Japan I tried this mascara out after reading positive reviews. Even though people stated clearly over and over again that this mascara has "staying power" I was skeptical and assumed it would easily come off with some makeup remover and oil cleanser. Well...let me backtrack. I loved this mascara when applied. It made my eyelashes super long and I felt glamorous wearing this stuff over my typical Maybelline. Then I got back to my hotel after a day of hoofing it around southern Japan, and despite the humidity and my sweating, my lashes still looked perfect. Great! I contemplated buying a few more tubes before coming home. That is, until I tried removing it. I washed my face and nothing happened. I used makeup remover and a bit of the mascara started flaking off in chunks. I scrubbed a bit harder with a super creamy body wash, and more of the mascara came off (still in little chunky flakes) and proceeded to get all over my cheeks. Yet after rinsing, there was STILL mascara on my eyelashes and now all over my face. I then proceeded to pull or rub off the mascara off my lashes just so I could finally get to bed and not wake up with black flakes burning my eyeballs. This still did not entirely remove the mascara, and I noticed over the next two or three days an occasional flake of mascara would appear under my eyes after washing up. Based on how hard this stuff is to remove, I tossed my 1250 yen tube of mascara. I loved how it looked, but hated how hard I had to work to get it off.

on 5/29/2009 7:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I would buy this again if I can find it.

It's my favourite mascara.

The tips don't curl the wrong way when they dry, it stays in the shape that you applied it.

I only recommend this to asians. People with long lashes already probably can't use this anyway.

Wow I'm really surprised by all the negative reviews of this product! A friend of mines mother went to Japan on a business trip and brought back several tubes...she gave one to me, and I just started using it and woowww...I LOVE IT. It's probably one of the best mascara's I've used...it and Covergirl Volume Exact are my absolute favorites...this IS difficult to get off, that's completely true...but I've found that the best thing to take it off is Lancome Bi-Facil (for sensitive eyes, I think...but I don't think that matters).
Anyway this is fabulous...it's the first mascara I've used that had the comb applicator, which took some getting used to...generally I prefer the rubber brush, but the comb is pretty cool...so if you can get it, I totally recommend buying and trying:D

Top Rated Shiseido Products