September 22, 2014 | 1657 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nkar23

LOVE LOVE LOVE. It is long lasting, good color payoff and easy to apply. Lasts a long time, also. I would recommend buying the Bobbi brush with it too, it really does help with applying. Great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by wai260896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

i expected a lot more from this. the hype was that it had good staying powder and pigmentation. but my maybelline gel liner beats bobbi brown's by far. i did a test where i swatched all the gel liners i own on my hand and went to sleep with it. bobbi brown had the worst pigmentation and staying powder. which sucks because people rave about it so much. and i thought the formula was pretty dry too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by FierceIncluded

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to try this liner considering all the hype I'd heard about it. Did it measure up? In a sense yes AND no. Everything I've heard was true, staying power, pigmentation, it was all fabulous. BUT! It was SO long wearing it was drying to my eyelids. (I have normal/non oily lids) The product was OK on application but dried and made my lids so dry! I tried putting some UDPP under it even if I wasn't wearing an shadow, which helped somewhat, but still can't use it. Maybe if I had oily lids I'd have better luck =(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by dbisbano

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty much as great as everyone says it is. But at $22 for the 0.1 ounce jar, it works out to $220 an ounce. You only get about a teaspoon of product! It does go on very smoothly and stay on nice and clean. Excellent product even if it is a lot for the amount you get.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 8:32:00 AM More reviews by fofamoyane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Mine came with an applicator brush together with Sephia pot. It was a good deal. It's easy to apply and the color stays on the whole time (until you remove it with with a make-up remover). The only issue that I have with it is when it gets a bit humid, the liner gets smudged. Nonetheless, it's still a great product.

The pots last very long even if its for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by saflee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Black cream/gel liners will always be a staple in my collection & as of right now, my go-to liner is Black Ink.

I had fluidline for a couple months before I picked this up at my CCO and honestly, I find that the BB liner does last a little longer than the Fluidline.

I don't see much of a difference in application. Both are very creamy and opaque upon application. I don't really understand the battle between the two considering they're both estee lauder products.. The formulas can't be THAT different.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2011 7:56:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

It pains me to say this because i have almost the entire pot left after months of *trying* to work with it. I don't have oily lids at all, but this migrates, smudges AND disappears on me! I have not had thiS problem with my covergirl liquiline, revlon colourstay, mac smoulder, wet n wild gel, or maybelline gel liners. It does not even give a clean line cuz it does its magical disappearing act in most spots, and i am left with an ugly patchy line.
Reading the good reviews, i don't know if people are being totally honest (ie perhaps theyve convinced themselves it's good despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary) or maybe i got a bad batch. Either way not willing to repurchase and wondering how to use up the rest of the pot... Dark eyeshadow base maybe? Hmm

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by noddy154

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I always use mac blacktrack but I heard so many raving reviews about the bobbi brown longwear gel liner, so I thought why not buy it and try it but wow is it awful! it has been quite hot in the UK past week so this may be why but it smudges soo much whereas the mac one wont. It really is a mess it looks like black grease on my lids, shiny and smudgey. I like the texture of it, its really creamy and it applies nicely with the mac fine eyeliner brush, its also a nice looking black ( i know this sounds weird but the mac and bobbi brown colour of black is slightly different). Despite all this I cannot wear this again, I may try this again in winter however I definately would not purchase again as the mac one performs well in hot and cool weather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2011 2:12:00 PM More reviews by ari496

I really like this! I was skeptical to buy a gel eyeliner just beacuse they looked tricky to apply. I took the chance anyway and bought it and WOW. For $21, it's such a great value. It actually is easy to apply. I just took a stiff, angled brush, dipped it into the jar and it was so easy to get a thin, precise line! I is very pigmented, it doesnn't flake, and it stays on until you take it off at night! I know it's a gel eye liner, so it comes in a jar, but I really hate the jar. It gets so messy. But I guess I'll deal. It's so perfect. I'll never go back to pencil or liquid liners again! I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:40:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Best liquid eyeliner I've used, I bought this after careful thought and comparison. I'm awful with applying liquid eyeliner. I hated MAC's fluidline, I didn't like the texture or how it went on and after a year and half it dried out and it looked chalky on my eye. Thumbs down for MAC, BUT thank God for Bobbi Brown. But this product is creamy, a little goes a long long way, feels lovely going on and comes out very black. I use a slanted brush for application and it's perfect. However I bought the brush for this, big mistake the brush is awful came out very thick and my hand was too wobbly, not easy for use. Now with my MAC slanted brush its smooth and I can make the line as thick or thin. Stays the whole day, last so long. Espcially with heat and humidity of summer it last ages. I'm so shocked how dramatic and intense my eyes look. I keep doing double takes. Looks amazing over eyeshadow. Packaging is great, I can tell the quality is great, and I'm sure to purchase again. I doubt it will dry out like MAC fluidline because its so much creamier.