October 22, 2014 | 2024 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser III

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2008 11:02:00 PM More reviews by clove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would and have repurchased this many times. It's improved my skin's texture and clarity. I always leave it on for several minutes and it does tingle, but never leaves any signs of irritation. This product alone makes a more marked improvement in my skin than Tazorac has, although I can't speak to the long, long term benefits of Taz (I've only been using it for six months).
I love, love, love this cleanser, but would also recommend Aqua Glycolic cleanser as a cheaper (but lower % of glycolic acid) substitute that can be found at pharmacies for those who'd prefer that to purchasing on-line.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:15:00 PM More reviews by kboston72

I notice a small difference with this as opposed to the II. I leave my glycolic cleansers on for a few minutes before rinsing to get the benefits of the actives and the III does tend to tingle a bit more than the II so u can tell me glycolic concentration is higher. I love glycolic washes although at first i was convinced (by paula begoun and a few derms) that wash off glycolic in a cleanser does nothing. I disagree now that i have been using it for so long. to me its kind of like using sct with taz-u leave it on for a few min to get the benefit. I also use glycolic creams so i could be totally wrong, but i have noticed that when i dont use glycolics in a leave on form, i still get the benefits with just using the cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by moonchopin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for several years now. I have oily/acne prone/ large pored skin. This is the best cleanser I have used. Only suggestion is to maybe switch to a lower level for the summer months to not increase sun sensitivity. This does not dry your skin and it feels great afterwards. You dont have to use it morning and night - I may even suggest just using it at night to allow for greater penetration of other products and user a lower glycolic acid wash in the morning.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 10:53:00 PM More reviews by bgp

Love this product. Makes my face look bright, takes care of any peeles. I also like the fact that I don't need toner after cleansing due to low ph level. I will purchase it again and again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 7:07:00 PM More reviews by Verelai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am fifty, have sensitive skin with uneven tone and a slightly oily T-zone. My skin is good, healthy for my age. Of course, when I was in my teens and twenties, tanning was considered healthy and attractive - but at least I stopped in my thirties, and now refuse to go out without a total sunblock.

Even so, I have damage, however subtle. After just two weeks MD Forté Facial Cleanser III has already brightened my skin and evened out the photodamaged areas. I love the creamy feel, and the fact that it doesn't dry my skin out. It is 20% glycolic acid (as listed on the website) and thusfar I have not felt any untoward effects. My only complaint is that it does not remove eye makeup well, and it stings if too much gets into the eyes. So I prefer to use it in the mornings; no problems then.

I follow with the MD Forté III cream, which is 30% glycolic acid, but remarkably gentle on sensitive skin.

Another kudo: I use much less than suggested: the quarter size amount suggested is a waste. This is a wonderful product that actually improves skin tone and clarity.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahwulff

This is a great cleanser. It works very well on acne (I'm a total product junkie and have tried tons of acne products, from all natural to RX). It does sting a little bit, especially if you've just popped a zit (naughty, I know). But I've noticed it really helps to fade acne scars. I have very fair skin, so pretty much any blemish I get it leaves a mark. Especially on the cheek area. Scar Zone also helps with it too. It's cheaper than Mederma and goes on really well...just FYI.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 6:44:00 AM More reviews by silmarillion

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the products I attribute my lovely skin to. I have dry skin (DRPW) and this is very gentle. It stings if you get it in your eyes, so don't use it to take off mascara! My skin is much smoother now with less-defined pores. A more handy applicator would be welcome (maybe a pump pack or something) as the big container is a little hard to handle in the shower. Otherwise, this is a brilliant product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2007 6:01:00 AM More reviews by hmal74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this cleanser and this whole brand. It really works and you see results immediately. It's great for the skin. I have sensitive, dry skin and it works perfectly on me. Really deminishes the pores and peels of that dry flakes and dull skin you want to get rid of. Very gentle, but if you haven't tried alpha hydroxy before, start with no 1. I'm a big fan of MD Forte and I use it every day. Will never stop using it, at least not the cleansers. People have commented my skin a lot and they say it's like silk, it's perfect, it's smooth, and they even touch it to see how it feels. My pores are minimal, and the skin is really dewy and even. I love this cleanser, love love love alpha hydroxy! Will buy it again and again. It's really not that expensive, especially if you consider how well it works.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 12:52:00 AM More reviews by lil_me

To me, this is a fairly gentle glycolic cleanser. It is supposed to be their highest GA concentration cleanser of 20%. I've read that some people thought it was 30%, but I contacted MD Forte and was told it was only 20%. I did not feel too much tingle, so I guess I can use it daily without hesitation. I was hoping it would be stronger.....The packaging could be improved. Perhaps, a pump version would be nice so I will not have to re-cap the product each time I use it. It is unscented and creamy to the touch. I did not feel any tightness after rinsing. Sometimes, I add a bit of sugar to it for a little additional exfoliation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2007 10:22:00 PM More reviews by Zedar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The best glycolic cleanser I have found. Strong stuff, a little goes a long way and if you are new to glycolic products, I recommend ramping up to this level with the level 1 and level 2 Wrinkle Revenge or MD Forte cleansers prior to using this one. This may burn some people's skin, so use carefully.

I like the MD Forte III better than Derma Doctor III for reasons including packaging (I like the bottle better than the tube). However, the decorative dome cap keeps popping off of my MD Forte III, so I just threw it away.

Bottom line: if you are looking for a potent glycolic cleanser, I recommend this (and I have tried many). If you are looking for an anti-acne cleanser, first check out some of my reviews of Epicuren products.