Victoria's Secret Amber Romance Body Splash

3.8

on 12/30/2007 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a lovely scent that is vanilla based. It is in the Victoria's Secret Garden collection. It is very nice and warm and great for the winter. This is my favorite scent so I would definitely repurchase it again. Try it out to see if you like it too.

on 12/20/2007 11:53:00 AM

It just doesn't work for me but I do think a lot of people would like it. It smells like perfume but costs very little. It's just too strong and musky for me.

on 12/6/2007 8:49:00 PM

Yuck!!! It makes me sick! Can't describe it... It just distusting... Believe me. Don't buy it before to try.

on 11/20/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I think this body splash smells almost like Revlon's Fire & Ice.

on 10/31/2007 11:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my fave VS scent, and I like most of them. This is a beautiful, light sweet smell without being overkill sexy :P It makes me feel sweet and cute, unlike Romantic wish - which just makes me feel like a downright siren, depends what I feel like, but this is deff a keeper for me!

on 10/30/2007 6:30:00 PM

I stood there at the store for a good 15 minutes trying to decide if I should buy this.

The initial spray (of the EDT) was very similar to Coty's "Ici"
and then it faded into something that borders on bathroom potpourri...
This one doesn't seem to have an strong alcohol smell (unlike Vanilla Lace) which is very good.
It's not a bad scent by any means, I'm sure fans of sensual floral musk would love this one.
Maybe my congested nose had something to do with it, I guess I'll go back in a few month and give it another try.

edit: 10/14/2008
My preference for scent seems to change with the season.
I wore this a couple of weeks back and I find that this is an awsome Fall/Winter fragrance. Now, to me it smells like smoke & cherries. (if that makes any sense) Which is actually quite alluring.

I'm not typically a warm and vanilla scent type of girl. I'm more into the soft florals. However I sprayed the sample at the store and I did like it. Smells so inviting and cuddly, especially for the now fall/winter season. you can wear it day or night. it's warm with out being annoying or tacky. I recommend it. Even if you don't typically go for these types of scents. Try it. It's not something i'm dying over but something that's cute to wear every now and then.

on 7/13/2007 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

...Absolutely delicious. I love love love this scent. This has truly been my *signature* scent for the last 8 years or so. I've tried others, but would always go straight back to this. I cannot even tell you how many compliments I have gotten on it, easily over a hundred, at least. Probably closer to be in the hundreds, and more often than not. Boys LOVE it. My girlfriends eventually started wearing it too.
...I love how light and warm and refreshing it is..Always noticable, but never overpowering, even when you put on too much! I've tried the proper perfum spray, but I just prefer the scent of the body splash, I think. (And not impressed by the matching lotions,shower gel, etc either. )
A spritz in the hair, on the torso so it sticks a bit on my clothing, and one spray under the shirt on my lower tummy...it works like magic. It smells delicious, and drives boys nuts. And that goes for *All* of them, not just a few. ;)
...Not too sweet, but edible. One male friend of mine referred to it as the "Miss Teen Alaska scent", because at one point he was dating miss teen alaska and apparently she wore it too. When I went out for the evenings, another male friend would tell me that he always knew when I entered the room, because he could smell me first. My immediate (horrified) reaction was "oh no! am i wearing too much??" But he insisted 'no way', that it wasn't too strong at all, that it just smells really good..
...Only drawback is that it doesn't last that long. The quality is what you would expect from a $10 scent, but I simply have never found anything else I like as much,,,which is why i'm reading fragrance reviews to begin with..Would like to find something a bit more 'grown up', more expensive, but with all the qualities that I loved about this one for so long..

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I thought that I had purchased the Vanilla Lace splash, but once I got home I realized that I had picked this up again. I had purchased this a few years ago, and I liked it. I like it now too, but I wouldn't consider it an HG scent. I spray it on before bedtime and it's very soothing. But like most body splashes, it doesn't last very long.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I really like this fragrance. It's a wonderful earthy, woodsy scent with hints of sweet vanilla and musk and spicy sandalwood, pepper, and almost a patchouli smell throughout. This is my favorite, along with Pure Seduction, from Victoria's Secret.

Popular Fragrances