September 18, 2014 | 1773 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Amber Romance Body Splash

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my fave VS scent, and I like most of them. This is a beautiful, light sweet smell without being overkill sexy :P It makes me feel sweet and cute, unlike Romantic wish - which just makes me feel like a downright siren, depends what I feel like, but this is deff a keeper for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 6:30:00 PM More reviews by meropale

I stood there at the store for a good 15 minutes trying to decide if I should buy this.

The initial spray (of the EDT) was very similar to Coty's "Ici"
and then it faded into something that borders on bathroom potpourri...
This one doesn't seem to have an strong alcohol smell (unlike Vanilla Lace) which is very good.
It's not a bad scent by any means, I'm sure fans of sensual floral musk would love this one.
Maybe my congested nose had something to do with it, I guess I'll go back in a few month and give it another try.

edit: 10/14/2008
My preference for scent seems to change with the season.
I wore this a couple of weeks back and I find that this is an awsome Fall/Winter fragrance. Now, to me it smells like smoke & cherries. (if that makes any sense) Which is actually quite alluring.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 7:19:00 PM More reviews by nyc_princessa

I'm not typically a warm and vanilla scent type of girl. I'm more into the soft florals. However I sprayed the sample at the store and I did like it. Smells so inviting and cuddly, especially for the now fall/winter season. you can wear it day or night. it's warm with out being annoying or tacky. I recommend it. Even if you don't typically go for these types of scents. Try it. It's not something i'm dying over but something that's cute to wear every now and then.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by stumbellina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

...Absolutely delicious. I love love love this scent. This has truly been my *signature* scent for the last 8 years or so. I've tried others, but would always go straight back to this. I cannot even tell you how many compliments I have gotten on it, easily over a hundred, at least. Probably closer to be in the hundreds, and more often than not. Boys LOVE it. My girlfriends eventually started wearing it too.
...I love how light and warm and refreshing it is..Always noticable, but never overpowering, even when you put on too much! I've tried the proper perfum spray, but I just prefer the scent of the body splash, I think. (And not impressed by the matching lotions,shower gel, etc either. )
A spritz in the hair, on the torso so it sticks a bit on my clothing, and one spray under the shirt on my lower tummy...it works like magic. It smells delicious, and drives boys nuts. And that goes for *All* of them, not just a few. ;)
...Not too sweet, but edible. One male friend of mine referred to it as the "Miss Teen Alaska scent", because at one point he was dating miss teen alaska and apparently she wore it too. When I went out for the evenings, another male friend would tell me that he always knew when I entered the room, because he could smell me first. My immediate (horrified) reaction was "oh no! am i wearing too much??" But he insisted 'no way', that it wasn't too strong at all, that it just smells really good..
...Only drawback is that it doesn't last that long. The quality is what you would expect from a $10 scent, but I simply have never found anything else I like as much,,,which is why i'm reading fragrance reviews to begin with..Would like to find something a bit more 'grown up', more expensive, but with all the qualities that I loved about this one for so long..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by erinfashionista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I thought that I had purchased the Vanilla Lace splash, but once I got home I realized that I had picked this up again. I had purchased this a few years ago, and I liked it. I like it now too, but I wouldn't consider it an HG scent. I spray it on before bedtime and it's very soothing. But like most body splashes, it doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 10:52:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this fragrance. It's a wonderful earthy, woodsy scent with hints of sweet vanilla and musk and spicy sandalwood, pepper, and almost a patchouli smell throughout. This is my favorite, along with Pure Seduction, from Victoria's Secret.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

I think i like this more then BBw Sensual Amber. It is a warm scent, perfect for fall, but less musky then sensual amber so i like it better. The body splashes are $5.00 now, so I got this, Vanilla Lace, and Pure Seduction. I will probabley get the matching shower gel, and lotion so I can layer this for the fall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 5:19:00 AM More reviews by lilysdoll

I wore this some years ago when I seemed to be into more vanilla based scents. I think its very pretty. I know it has a berry note in there somewhere too but it comes across very warm. It has decent lasting power for a body splash. More staying power than alot of the EDP's out there. I would say give this one a try. Its more complex than the Vanilla Lace. But its along the same lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by leo11m

Very nice. I love BBW Sensual Amber, and this is a little more floral, but very pleasant all the same. I hate the other Victoria's Secret fragrances, so this was a total surprise. I alternate between this and BBW Sensual Amber, with this one being used for my evening (after gym) shower, and Sensual Amber being used during the day. There is nothing to dislike about Amber Romance. Not only is it super inexpensive, it smells great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by caramelkandii

It has a nice calm smell, but kind of reminds me too much of an older lady. Plus, it last about 20 minutes before it's pretty much gone.