September 23, 2014 | 949 users online

Foundations - Urban Decay - Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

Nice product. I use the shade TRANCE (I wear NC 35 in MAC). It's a pretty nice natural looking coverage. I use this to set my foundation as I don't like sheer coverage. It's nice and yellow based for Olive skin tones. The packaging is horrible. I ripped off the sponge part and just shake out what I need. A nice alternative to BE.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by Mebs786

Not the best mineral foundation I have tried but it is a nice colour on me and gives good coverage...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by nubletta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I was approached by one of the UD MUAs at Macys when I was on the hunt for face wash and even possibly new foundation. I was glad she came up to me and tried Surreal Skin MM on me! She used it on my mom as well and she was happy with it!

What I like about this foundation is that it feels really light and has GREAT coverage for powder! I don't even need concealer when I use it. I have oily skin, so it's perfect for me. Momentarily, I have a few dry patches from acne medication and the powder doesn't accentuate it one bit!

Only thing that bothers me is the puff. When I tried to use it, no product comes out so don't even bother using it! Either way the container its in is still cute, IMO. I use the other end of the powder puff (cap?) to grab my bit of powder and tap the excess in. I use a stippling brush (Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush) to apply it. Absolutely flawless finish.

According to the UD MUA, the container is going to last you about 6 months I believe? I've had it for 4 months, wearing it almost daily and I still have about 1/2 of the container left! Its worth the $29!

If you have had disasters in the past with mineral make up, try Urban Decays. It's my absolute HG!

Also, I would like to add to NOT USE WHILE SWEATING. You will get uneven, blotchy coverage. Doesn't look good at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2009 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Buesche2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried a number of mineral powders, and this is the one I keep coming back to. It has great coverage, looks natural, and stays put all day. What more can you ask for from a foundation? Unlike some reviewers, I actually do like the sponge for application. However, I unscrew the cap and dip the sponge directly into the powder because it takes too many taps to get as much product as I use to cover my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Peaches1027

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had to give up BE after four years because the mica in it makes my skin red and itchy now. The ladies at UIta recommended this product because it contains very little mica, and I could not love it more. It blows BE out of the water, and I'll never go back to it.

PROS: The packaging is substantial and no messy spills. Love the sponge application too. No need to wash a kabuki brush all the time, and you can just take the cloth off and wash it and put it back on.

The product goes on smoothly, controls shine better than BE ever did, and is so quick to apply because you don't have to tap, swirl and buff. You can control the coverage simply by tapping the sponge on your face (or not).

The color Illusion matches my medium olive skin perfectly, does not transfer, and gives my skin a flawless finish and eliminates the need for concealer. My blush looks great applied over this foundation.

CONS: None.

I am falling more and more in love with this line. So far all of the products I've purchased from Urban Decay have been a home run.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by kittiekiss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I find this comes out lovely on my skin - even coverage and lasts for ages. Used it with UD Primer.

BUT, I absolutely HATE the sponge thing, impossible to use and a waste of time. Pulled it off and use a kabuki instead. It seems like a big waste so for that I only give 3 lippies

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2009 4:20:00 AM More reviews by Jennytot

I have just started using this product after previously using L'Oreal mineral make-up. I recently felt that I couldn't bear using products by a company which still tests on animals any more so I looked around for a cruelty-free brand. I came across Urban Decay on many cruelty-free lists and was surprised as I'd never really thought of them as being a particularly ethical brand. I bought my first pot of Surreal Skin Mineral Makeup last week and am completely impressed. It gives a nice even coverage without looking like I'm wearing any makeup. I have fairly clear skin but have rosy cheeks and it completely evens out my skin tone. It is slightly more expensive than I would usually pay but I'm happy to pay a bit more for cruelty free makeup. I'll definitely be buying this again in the future!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2009 8:10:00 AM More reviews by VanityInsanity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this product for its multiple uses as a concealer, mattifying powder and as a foundation. Its a great product itself as it is kind to the skin and a really tiny bit goes a long way - all night infact. I find the sponge application idea however, a flop, its hard to sanitise and apply the product - so I just pulled it off and now I use the sifter as a place to swirl my kabuki brush. Its also great for oily skin, a little sweep on the t zone and your oil free for hours!
I have however, changed my rating form 4 out of 5 to 3 out of 5 because as the lightest shade it's about 3 or 4 shades adrker than me, so a LOT dissapointed. If you can find your right shade though, its a good powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2009 10:56:00 PM More reviews by DianAdams

let me let you know about my face first. when ever i put just founddation on, either powder or liquid, my face starts to flack. white flacks would not leave my skin. i always have to put on moisturizer before. well i first saw this in a makeup store, and decided to try it there. i put it on , and no flaking, at all. i love this product, goes on nice and covers everything. i hate the price tho.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2009 6:58:00 PM More reviews by helloviolindonna

I love this mineral makeup. It offers great coverage, a variety of colors for a wide range of skin tones, it does not irritate my skin, and it feels very natural. The packaging is a bit inconvenient so I don't even bother with the powder puffer-thingy that comes with it. I usually use a brush and buff it into my skin. It is so easy to apply and really evens out my complexion. Urban Decay has once again surprised me. I have this color in "illusion." I totally recommend this product!!!