October 20, 2014 | 2138 users online

Masks - Oatmeal Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2012 2:53:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

I have washed my face many times with oats and I also made masks with it. I do not use it everyday because it dries my skin and it makes it peel. I do use a face mask every 2 weeks or so and wash my face from time to time.

I didn't write a review up until now because when I washed my face or did the masks, my face was in a good state, no major problems ( blackheads, a bit of redness, dry skin, acne scars but really nothing major).

Two days ago I put some Guaiac butter on my face. Big mistake- it says on the label to incorporate it into a cream but I just put it like that.
Yesterday morning when I woke up, my face was looking terrible!! My face was red, it was burning and it was swollen but I had to get out of the house so I need a quick fix. First I cleaned my face with a manuka facial cleanser (the one from Living Nature), then I put a clay mask with chamomile flowers in it ( I put a chamomile tea bag with warm water and then I just ripped the tea bag) and then I made an oatmeal mask with chamomile flowers.
I know it is not good to put your skin under stress when you have a problem like this but I needed a solution because I looked like I had an acid peel! After the oatmeal mask, my skin looked muuuch better. By lunch time, the redness was way down, my face wasn't burning anymore and skin was looking nice. This morning my skin is back on track. My point is that oatmeal is a saviour! And in combination with chamomile flowers it really really saved my skin!
If you have an irritation like this, you can also put Tilia flowers ( make a tea)- it works wonder for stressed, irritated skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by graciesooah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is absolutely fantastic for your skin. It take care of irritation, dryness(which I don't really care since I have oily skin), redness, inflammation, acne, and dullness. GO CHECK OUT BUBZBEAUTY OATMEAL CLEANSER ON YOUTUBE. I've been using oatmeal in the morning and night everyday for almost 2 months and it really does help. I have a before and after pic of myself 2 month before and now, and I can't believe the improvement!!!
I recommend you use non-flavoured oatmeal. Natural cleansers are the BEST!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Xianpu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started cleansing my face with oatmeal and it has done wonders for my skin! I put like half a teaspoon in a cup or the palm of my hand and then drip some WARM water into it with my fingers and then mush it around till its soft. I add a bit more water then mix it up more before getting the cup or my hand on top of my head and catch the drips on my forehead then work the drips into my whole face with my other hand as it drips down, I then take the pulp and use it to lightly exfoliate! I have been using it for 3 weeks and it is Definitely gentle enough for everyday use, leaves my skin so soft and supple everytime <3 Definitely my HG cleanser! make sure you have CLEAN hands when you do this though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kisa321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

FDGUSHFGJDS BEST THING EVER.
I cleanse with oatmeal every day and every night.
my acne is steadily diminishing.
this cleansing method gets very steady, clear results!
which is great because I'm very impatient.
I am SO GLAD that this is working so well because my acne is quite bad and i was considering getting those 60 dollar acne treatments that load chemicals onto your face.
this oatmeal genuinely nourishes and heals your face from acne. it's so wonderful.
To know how oatmeal cleansing is done, search "Bubz beauty oatmeal cleansing", and find her blog post about it.
you basically use the oatmeal as a face soap, day and night.
wet a handful of oats, and rub it all over your face. the oats will leave a silky residue on your face. Then you wash that off and pat your face dry.
Immediately after you have cleansed, all of your pimples will look more red than usual, but that fades within 5 minutes.
This cleansing method gives me such clear results. Also, I have dry skin, so those worried about this drying out your skin, it only drys it out a little tiny bit! If your trully concerned, just put a llittle moisturizer on afterwards and you'll be fine.
Most acne treatments dry out skin A LOT. This one only dries you out a tiny bit, and it is well worth the results.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 8:52:00 PM More reviews by cathyz123

i use oatmeal as a cleanser and it does an amazing job of soothing redness, leaving my skin feeling so soft and nourished, like i just soaked it in cream or something! i use this when i have active breakouts or redness and it smells amazing on your face especially in the morning!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I use oatmeal more as a scrub/cleanser than a masque, but I love what it does either way! I just take the oats from the cupboard and mash them up in my hand, run a bit of water on them to get the "milky water" out (which is a great skin softener!), and then start rubbing! I haven't tried the oatmeal/honey masque yet, but as soon as I feel like getting the magic bullet down, I definitely will!

I usually exfoliate my skin with baking soda first, then follow with oatmeal, and moisturize with jojoba oil. For oily days, I use the oatmeal and then apply witch hazel (if my skin is feeling sensitive) or apple cider vinegar (if my skin is showing signs of acne).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 10:43:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is normal/combination, and not breakout-prone at all. However, I do have slightly uneven skintone on my cheeks, and some noticeable pores and redness around my nose. Often cleansers/exfoliants dry my skin out a lot, without showing any great benefits. However, whenever I use oatmeal as a face exfoliant, my skin feels smooth, radiant and healthy, and I feel like my skintone is less prone to redness. I use a small handful - maybe three/four tablespoons - in the shower (I never use it over the sink as it is very messy) anywhere from one to three times a week, no more than that just because it is a (albeit very mild) exfoliant. I make sure it's very saturated with water so that the oats are softened, squeeze out the excess liquid, and apply in circular motions all over my face, then rinse. Seriously, it makes my skin feel amazing.
I've also used oats a few times in facial masks, and they work well for that too.
I'd definitely recommend using oats as a facial cleanser to everyone. :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 3:33:00 AM More reviews by leizel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oatmeal is a wonderful natural beauty product. I like to use it as an exfoliant, facial treatment mask, as well for baths. For baths - I take a handful of oatmeal and throw it into a coffee grinder until the oatmeal is fine. For exfoliating, I grind and mix it in with avocado and message the mix into my skin. You can leave it on and pack on some more for a facial mask. Organic Oatmeal would be better - less chemicals and such, more goodness. This is great for those with sensitive skin or if you're experiencing redness/irritation from other products or the climate. Oatmeal leaves my skin calmer and soothed. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 2:45:00 AM More reviews by Cmitz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been struggling with acne since I was 16 off and on I am now 22. In high school it was just the once a month flare ups, but after high school my skin got worse. 1 month I would be clear the next I would have tons of pimples. I used to only breakout on my chin and around my mouth. But ever since January 2012 I've been breaking out on my cheeks jaw line forhead...EVERYWHERE! I have used everything, maybe product overload, changing products made it worse etc. I have spent sooo much time and money trying all kinds of skincare and makeup and birth control....nothing worked. Until oatmeal...my saviour!! Now to just find makeup that works for me ughh.
I bought Bob Red Mills Wheat Free Dairy Free Oatmeal 8$
It doesn't make me break out, its so cheap, will last me months, can be used as a cleanser and mask, completely gets rid of redness, slowly helping acne scars fade, current pimples i do have are getting smaller and smaller everyday, any new pimples (due to cheat days eating chocolate and dairy i think) only last 2 days until they start to get smaller and smaller as well, all of the painful under the skin pimples have come to the surface and formed a white head although tempting to pop im staying away and letting the oatmeal work its magic since its cleared up a white head in 3 days not touching it. I have only been using this 4 days!!! If just I tried this remedy sooner I would have saved my skin and my depression over having bad skin but every time I look in the mirror I see how much its improved my skin I get so much happier! I will update again in 2 weeks and in 1 month with my progress.
I boil water add a tablespoon of oatmeal into a small dish and let it sit for 5-10 minutes depending how much time I have and I wash my face with it morning and night i squish the oats in my hands and smear it on and cleanse for 1-2 minutes then i take a clump of the oats and in a gentle circular motion go over each individual pimple and rinse and thats it I don't even use moisturizer my skin feels comfortable after and our skin produces our own moisturizer so for me i never use one anymore since all the moisutizers ive tried from chemical loaded to 100% all natural from 5$ to 100$ all broke me out or just werent doing much for me. This oatmeal makes skin tone even too and your skin glow! The only con about this is its messy and could potentially clog the drains in the sink/shower but buy a trapper to go into where a plug would go and that should prevent it. Long review I know but I LOVE OATMEAL!!! try it just make sure its dairy free and wheat free oatmeal those 2 ingredients and eating those cause acne! Tips to get rid of acne before trying px drugs
- Stop eating/drinking dairy, alcohol, wheat, gluten, seaweed, meat, seafood (fish good) sugar, salt, soy (i think mangoes and possibly beans and lentils cause acne but eat it and see what happens)
EAT- salmon, cod, halibut, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, vegetables, fruit, quinoa (stores have tons of meat free wheat free dairy free gluten free bread cookies pasta cakes pancakes waffles ice cream chocolate, fake cheese and yogurt made out of almonds!! and everything tastes soooo good and they have burgers too)
Drink- alkaline water!!! 2-5 litres a day!
Exercise- 1 hour everyday even if its just walking...hot yoga is my fav! and running
Wash 2 times a day with oatmeal!! use as mask as often as you want
dont wear makeup only wear it when you absolutely have to if anything just wear 100% pure mascara and a burts bees chapstick and when you have to wear makeup just a concealer bronzer and blush....no foundation or finishing powders and all that other shit
Give it 3 months you SHOULD have clear glowing skin and feel and truely be healthy inside and out your mood will be so much happier youll just be more positive and if you need to loose a few pounds or a ton you will deffinitly get there and keep it off!!! I lost 20 pounds in my first 2 months and i wasnt even 100% strict with it. Now im going to be strict and hope to loose 20 more by october.16 ill update more on skin with oatmeal in 2 weeks a month 2 months and 3 months

17 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by loverofproducts

AMAZING! helps hear my scars and is very moisturizing, helps get rid of or minimize zits/ acne..... and is really soothing. Also, it's so creamy and improves the texture of my skin, and i'm hundred percent sure it makes my skin glow. It's definitely worth a try (unless u r allergic to it) :)

Give it a try after ur cleanser then apply a really good moisturizer (at night) such as coconut oil (which i do) and in the morning, the results ... if u don't have reactions.... are AMAZING! (p.s ... i only use at night)