Aquolina Chocolovers EDT

3.7

on 12/25/2007 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received a sample of this with a beauty.com order and after trying it for 3 days in a row I want a full bottle. I am not a fan of super sweet foody scents but this scent agrees with me. I find it cozy, warm, sexy and lovely. My husband loves the scent on me too. It's chocolate, vanilla and orange with some spice to it too. A great winter scent for snuggling and wearing sweaters.

on 12/15/2007 4:27:00 PM

I like sweet, foody scents in general, and I picked this up on a whim at Ulta. It isn't sickeningly sweet, and just sort of gently chocolate smelling on me. It has decent lasting power too - I'll probably repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love chocolate and vanilla scents, but this smelled AWFUL!

on 12/7/2007 11:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is what mark's Hollywood Pink wishes it could be. HP has a decent smell when wet; unfortunately, it quickly fades to a cheapish dimestore smell in the drydown. The Aquolina Chocolovers, on the other hand, dries down to a cocoa-powder/sugar/sex/magic smell that makes me swoon. Seriously, I could lick my own wrists...right now. My husband, who is a chocolate addict, appreciates this new fragrance--I'd always worn a more weighty floral (Clarins Elysium) before. You have to be a foodie to appreciate this fragrance, I think, and if you don't want to smell like a sexy cookie forget it. But if you have a sense of fun and a little spice, I highly recommend giving it a try.

on 12/4/2007 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really do like this and it does leave a chocolatey smell on me but for some reason my nose picks up a black pepper smell. I have checked the list of notes and it does not have pepper in it at all but I can't help but smell pepper. I still like it regardless and would buy again.

on 12/3/2007 10:31:00 AM

I picked this up at Marshalls because of the $9.99 price tag. I do like it, but it's not a favorite. I smell just as much orange as I do chocolate. The chocolate is more of a cocoa powder chocolate than a creamy, milky chocolate. Packaging is OK. . .kind of cutesy and boring. It doesn't stand out amongst my other fragrance bottles.

on 11/30/2007 6:40:00 PM

I love this fragrance because I love most sweet, sugary scents and to add chocolate to the mix is just heaven! That being said, I had more than one person say, "I smell something burning" when they were around me and figured out it was this scent. Apparently my body chemistry did not agree with this. This is unfortunate because I really like the smell in the bottle!

on 11/28/2007 8:44:00 PM

I adore this scent! It is one of those scents that could just not offend anyones senses : )

on 11/27/2007 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've had Chocolovers for a while now and recently revisited it, which has proved to me that it is a scent much better worn in the colder months. Now that I'm wearing it in November, I'm liking it a lot better than I did back in May.

For me, Chocolovers is all about the drydown. When it first goes on, it is soooo sweet, like a blast of pure sugar and citrus, it is overwhelming, like spraying pure dessert on yourself. But it fairly quickly settles into something like orange-chocolate, and finally, after wearing it for a couple of hours, it becomes a nice comforting vanilla that smells similar to CSP Amour de Cacao. Chocolovers is so powerfully sweet when first put on that I don't spray it on myself directly -- I spray it in the air a few inches from my wrists and wave them under the mist. (It's the polar opposite of barely-there scents.)

Mainly, I find Chocolovers comforting and pretty, and if you enjoy foody scents, it's better than some. I'd probably like it better if the packaging was less cutesy and more toned down and "grown up." (Not that this is a grown-up scent by any stretch.)

on 11/15/2007 1:31:00 AM

Oh, how I love this unique scent! It's unlike anything I have ever smelled before in a perfume, and I know not many people have heard of this perfume...so It's good to hear all the compliments when I wear it and tell them what it is. It's such a light, pretty scent. I adore it. I think I may even like it more than pink sugar...which says a lot. I hope Aquolina comes out with another perfume like these two! I would def. repurchase when I run out.

Popular Fragrances