October 24, 2014 | 1689 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - 309B Sheer Red

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2010 6:31:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my perfect red. Its sheer and its a darker red compared to Retro Red, which I cannot pull off. Its moist and its a creme and I love it. Its the only red that I can pull off as anything with a blue undertone is too bright for my warm skin. I hope they never discontinue this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by xALRx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

such a great red lipstick!!!

PROS: super moisturizing and the scent is subtly fruity almost like a cherry starburst. color is pigmented enough to wear you could layer it on for a full on red for nighttime. pleasant enough for daytime... especially summer pin-up looks!

CONS: the packaging doesn't allow for the lipstick to swivel all the way down so you have to be very careful in placing the cap back on. but i mean, really the lipstick is only 99 cents so i am not gonna complain!

OVERALL: a great value, i stock up and leave a tube or two in my office just in case. love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by vgirlygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE! I love red lipstick and have been wearing NARS Indian Red for quite some time. That color is very dark however, and I feel is more appropriate for the winter months. I was looking for a red I could wear in the summer and this fit the bill! This is a gorgeously pigmented, moisturizing, blue-based red. I have brown hair and green eyes and am NC25-35 for reference. This is a gorgeous red if you are looking for a true red with no orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2010 3:00:00 PM More reviews by jenjen86

Pros-low price, buildable, very pretty when applied with a light hand Cons-Unattractive packaging, not very flattering when applied full strength Overall, I recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by cindyt36

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I been trying to find a nice deep red lipstick just to try to do a pin up girl look. Its rich and moisturizing for about $0.99. Great lipstick for so cheap! When I put it on, its not too bright yet not to plain. Sometimes i wear this alone or it off with a clear gloss.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by TheWickedOne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first red lipstick I've ever worn. I saw a picture of a friend of mine, and I was instantly smitten with her lipstick. She told me what it was and I went out and bought it. 99 cents! Great coverage, smells nice, you can build it up easily. I do love this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2010 10:59:00 PM More reviews by pxcrunnercat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Others have described the color and quality of this lipstick very well. I have only this to say: **HOW** is this little gem a mere 93 cents??? I will be purchasing a backup on my next trip to the drug store. Ladies who have not tried this lipstick are missing out. It's truly something special.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried Retro Red from the NYC collection a couple days ago & was impressed at the quality for a mere $0.99! (Im a die hard MAC lipstick fan). I decided to pick up the sheer red today. Wow, this is just as nice just different in tone & formula. This looks very dark & opaque in the tube & honestly I doubted itd be very sheer. But I thankfully was wrong. Im fair toned/med light toned in the summer & this did not at all look too bright or clownish. This was a very pretty berry brickish color once applied where as the Retro Red is a more bright opaque true red. They are both lovely & for 99 cents a steal for any budget. I'd say Sheer red is just a bit more wearable whereas retro red is more a night on the town red!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2010 9:16:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I love this cheap little lipstick! It's only 99 cents and I like to dab it on very lightly to give my lips a nice and pretty red stain. I was afraid that it would be too dark and garish, but the color is actually buildable, so you can control the application. I personally love the simple and clean "red-tinted lips with basic black eyeliner" look, so I definitely reach for this all the time! It might be a bit drying (depends on the weather for me), so make sure to prep your lips with lip balm first! A bit of moisturizing gloss on top will also help. The only thing I DON'T like is the cheap packaging. It's light, flimsy, and the lipstick bullet doesn't twist all the way down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

buy this for a red lip with subtle impact ... if you are not into glamour and vintage looks this is the red lipstick you should start out with. It is cheap. It is sheer and gorgeous. And it is not an investment in a red lippie by YSL but a good, simple straight forward neutral red (with a bit of yellow undertone) which suits most skin tones. I think I like this more than my NARS Flamenco!

You cannot go wrong with this investment... for the price, it is perfection.