New York Color 309B Sheer Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Castor Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ozokerite, Candelilla Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ceresin, PPG-2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Beeswax, Lanolin Oil, PEG-4 Diheptanoate, Petrolatum, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Carnauba Wax, Hydrogenated Microcrystalline Wax, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Fragrance, Propylparaben, Tin Oxide, Silica. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 27 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine

on 8/10/2010 9:15:00 PM

As far as dirt-cheap thrills go, this is one of the best. I'm usually drawn to pink or nude lip colors, so this deep red is a bit of a departure for me. But for 99 cents, I figured I had nothing to lose, and I'm so glad I took that stylistic chance. My favorite way to wear it is to apply a little lip balm first and then push the color onto my lips, rather than swiping it on. It gives a pretty raspberry stain that lasts through the second round of cocktails.

If you're having trouble finding it, I got mine at Target and the success I've had with this color is going to bring me back for more.

on 8/3/2010 7:19:00 PM

Nice dark red color that is not too scary. It does wear of rather quickly on my lips and left me with a pink stain but good for the price. It is more of a true red that Lipstick Queen medeival treatment which is more pinky red than red. This is much easier to pull off than Russian Red or the like.

on 8/3/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this after I read about it here. Its probably the only red l/s I bought after a long time of staying away from reds because I thought reds were just too loud a color for me but this color is very wearable, suits all skin types, is creamy, can be just patted on to look like a stain or applied full on so I'd say its a buildable color. Its also cheap & easily available. However the packaging is not good. The bullet look is cute but the l/s does not go all the way down & the product may get damaged if one is not careful while closing the cap. Also if carrying it should the cap come off say in your purse well then you are going to end up with a big mess. I'd say its staying power is not good but thats okay for 99c l/s. May be drying for some people. I am not sue since my own lips are always very dry so most l/s need to be worn over a good lip balm & topped off with a moisturizing gloss. What I'd be happier with is at least for nyc to improve their packaging. Overall I would recommend this l/s.

What a great, cheap find! Totally wearable and smooth. Nothing's super long lasting on me because I don't usually wear lipliner and I drink H2O all the time so it wears off pretty quick. My favorite thing to do lately is layer this under a medium pink sheer lip gloss (mine is a cheapie from the American Eagle makeup line) and create a raspberry look almost exactly like my MAC love, Viva Glam Cyndi.

on 8/2/2010 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think I have found my perfect red. Its sheer and its a darker red compared to Retro Red, which I cannot pull off. Its moist and its a creme and I love it. Its the only red that I can pull off as anything with a blue undertone is too bright for my warm skin. I hope they never discontinue this color.

on 6/24/2010 1:57:00 PM

such a great red lipstick!!!

PROS: super moisturizing and the scent is subtly fruity almost like a cherry starburst. color is pigmented enough to wear you could layer it on for a full on red for nighttime. pleasant enough for daytime... especially summer pin-up looks!

CONS: the packaging doesn't allow for the lipstick to swivel all the way down so you have to be very careful in placing the cap back on. but i mean, really the lipstick is only 99 cents so i am not gonna complain!

OVERALL: a great value, i stock up and leave a tube or two in my office just in case. love it!

on 6/14/2010 2:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

LOVE! I love red lipstick and have been wearing NARS Indian Red for quite some time. That color is very dark however, and I feel is more appropriate for the winter months. I was looking for a red I could wear in the summer and this fit the bill! This is a gorgeously pigmented, moisturizing, blue-based red. I have brown hair and green eyes and am NC25-35 for reference. This is a gorgeous red if you are looking for a true red with no orange.

on 6/13/2010 3:00:00 PM

Pros-low price, buildable, very pretty when applied with a light hand Cons-Unattractive packaging, not very flattering when applied full strength Overall, I recommend this.

on 6/7/2010 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I been trying to find a nice deep red lipstick just to try to do a pin up girl look. Its rich and moisturizing for about $0.99. Great lipstick for so cheap! When I put it on, its not too bright yet not to plain. Sometimes i wear this alone or it off with a clear gloss.

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is the first red lipstick I've ever worn. I saw a picture of a friend of mine, and I was instantly smitten with her lipstick. She told me what it was and I went out and bought it. 99 cents! Great coverage, smells nice, you can build it up easily. I do love this.

Recommended for Medium Skin