Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant [DISCONTINUED]

Aveeno Intense Relief Medicated Therapy Lip Protectant  [DISCONTINUED]

4.6

I love this stuff so far! I have been looking for something to help my winter-chapped lips. Even putting Aquaphor on them each night - they are still dry. This works great!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

made my lips feel super smooth!!! i have very dry, cracked lips and once i put it on its gone. it lasts a long while too. though sometimes the chapstick won`t twist down, and i have to sort of push it in.

This zapped the flakes and cracks on my lips. It has a smooth texture, not at all sticky or waxy, is much less greasy than the Aveeno Essential Moisture balm, and lasts for a long time without reapplying. It is also hypoallergenic with no lanolin-based ingredients (unlike 90% of lip balms out there, it seems). The only thing I don't like about this balm is the medicinal smell, but it goes away in less than a minute after applying, so I didn't take off a lippie for that.

In Canada, this product is just called "Intense Relief Therapy" and in the US, it is called "Intense Relief Medicated Therapy". It is a navy blue and beige packaging and comes in both stick and pot form. After trying this product out for a while, I think it works pretty good -- it moisturizes and protects my lips nicely, and most importantly, doesn't dry them out or make them peel (like Aveeno's Essential Moisture one did). I have both the pot and the stick and personally, I prefer the stick form because the texture of this product is quite solid ... it is hard to get out of the pot when the temperature is cool (there is a reason the package says to store between 15 and 30 degrees - I tried using it during Canadian winters and it was rock hard!). It also has a very light minty vanilla smell that is pleasant, but no SPF. Lastly, it isn't cheap (CDN $5 to $6 each) but worth it since it works.

Popular Lip Treatments