Giorgio Armani Armani Code for women

3.9

on 6/12/2011 9:23:00 PM

In 2006 I used to love love spraying this on me everytime i passed a cosmetic counter. I did think about purchasing it, but i found it didnt have a long lasting staying power. At the time i went for Hypnose instead.

on 6/3/2011 8:13:00 AM

Love, love, love this perfume. I know nothing about scents so I cant tell you anything about floral notes or whatever. All I know is that I smell like a sex bomb when I wear this and I get a billion compliments when I wear this. I love it.

on 5/31/2011 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the EDT and it literally lasts 2 minutes on me. It smells good but it's a little too musky. If I ever get this again I'lll get the edp but there's other perfumes I want a lot more than this!

on 4/26/2011 6:51:00 PM

My favorite perfume!!!! I love everything,but the price. Whoever designed the bottle is a genious. I love the look and the smell. It is definately a sexy smell and I get tons of compliments on it.

on 4/8/2011 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This smells AMAZING. So sexy and fresh. I always get compliments. This is my signature fragrance! Nothing compares

on 4/5/2011 3:29:00 AM

I have to say I am genuinely shocked this does't have a higher rating. I love this perfume. Its so sexy and mysterious, a little bit spicy but also very comforting. Only downside would be I wish it lasted a bit longer, but it still lasts a good length of time (5 hrs for me) opposed to those that last an hour at most (Secret Wish Anna Sui anyone?).

It is kind of pricey most places I look for it, but its definitely worth it. I've been wearing it since I was 18 and I've gone through 3 bottles I wear it so much. Give it a go!

I have about 10 perfumes currently in my collection, and I try to rotate them all, but this one is among the standouts.

on 3/28/2011 12:03:00 PM

A very pretty floral/oriental though I may be overhyping it to myself a bit because I had Dior Addict on the other wrist and on me it was horrible! It died down to a nice vanilla with a bit of white generic flowers mixed in for good measure. Nice but not spectacular, it probably won't find it's way into my collection.

7/10

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love my floral orientals, but it's so hard to find one that is nicely balanced. The majority of them either slap you in the face with amber and sandlewood, or just smell musky and dull. My last great floral oriental love affair was Dior Addict - wore it for years and LOVED it, but it's a little high impact for everyday wear, and like all love affairs, became a bit dull after a few years. Just received a big bottle of Code for my birthday, and haven't been able to stop smelling my wrist for the past few days! It's not an obvious perfume like Addict, subtle enough for everyday wear - one of those scents that just seem to blend into your skin and provide the illustion that you just naturally smell lovely and warm and pretty. LOVE IT!

on 2/6/2011 6:02:00 PM

I got a bottle as a gift from a friend that didnt care for it and I too think its just ok. Although I do receive compliments when I wear it, The scent is kind of flat. It starts off like a lighter version of Giorgio of Beverley Hills. But then there is a strange mid note that I cant Identify and do not like. but I do like the final drydown about 5 hrs in to it. As soon as I use the last little bit I wont be sad to see it go There is no way I would spend more money on this. It kind of dries down to a green kind of powder scent but just kind of blah. And it doesn't stay long on me.

If you like citrusy, musky and spicy perfumes and want a strong impacting night perfume this is good for you. But just don't stand too close to me.

This was wrong in every way in my opinion. I wouldn't wear this even if you gave me a free lifetime supply of it. Strong, offensive, overbearing and aggressive is what I would describe this perfume as.

I love Armani Code for MEN. It is my all time favourite scent to smell on a man. It drives me crazy! So I was curious about the female version when it came out. I hadn't had a chance to smell it when my best friend had purchased it actually.

We had gone to see a movie and as I was sitting beside her I kept thinking "What is that stinging stench...It's really pungent and thick. I feel like I'm being choked by this smell." And I told her someone is wearing too much perfume. She said she got a new perfume. I smelt her wrist and thought this is so strong and offensive to the nose. At that time I had a broken nose.... (I didn't know my nose was broken at that time, apparently I broke it was kid and nobody noticed!) So I was only breathing from one side...so that's a pretty strong scent if I could smell it with my broken nose!

When she finally told me it was Armani Code for women I was so disappointed. How could they have made such a mistake!?

I've sprayed this a dozen time on my wrist at the counters. I went a few days ago and sprayed it again. And I've decided this is the worst Armani scent out there. It is warm which I can see some people liking but it is too strong and spicy for my liking. It just smells thick and is a scent that screams "Smell me, smell me..." and it lingers very long. It's one of those scents that stays in a room even after you have gone.

I've wanted desperately to love it but each time I run to the bathroom to wash it off. It's just plain awful! Even if I spray one spritz its still too much. From the beginning to the dry down I hate this on me and on my best friend. It starts out citrusy/orangey and a few seconds later it goes rich with a woodsy with strong florals. To me its very offensive at this point. The orange doesn't last long which is disappointing. As it drys down it gets very heavy and makes me dizzy. Everyone says it has jasmine. I love jasmine on its own...I can't detect the jasmine in this...even now with my nose fixed. I smell a strong soapy powder smell. I have jasmine growing in my back yard....jasmine should be soft and delicate not strong and offensive. After half an hour you can smell the ginger sting...its just a big mess. The notes don't go together in harmony.

Normally I love Armani perfumes, they are classic, clean, soft and transparent....sometimes woodsy.

I've owned Aqua di Gio which is a lovely soft floral with an aquatic feel and very relaxing. Emporio Armani She which is soft and classic and delicate. Emporio Armani White is the ultimate scent for the beaches of Greece since its pure and icy. Armani Mania which is seductive and huggable, slightly woodsy but mostly floral. I've adored all of those scents because they are soft and natural and seductive. But Armani dropped the ball when it came to the Code for Women.

Armani Code was pretty awful in my opinion. I can't see someone wearing this in an office it would suffocate your fellow employees. I don't think its sexy or seductive. A better alternative for those who like strong musky spicy scents it is better to try Euphoria by Calvin Klein and Pure Poison by Dior which has a nice bitter orange scent....which Armani Code tries to be but misses.

I do like he packaging and the lovely colour of the glass. But I'd much rather wear the man's version than this women's version. And I actually have worn the man's version and I've gotten compliments from men.

Perhaps I should try the SHEER version or the SUMMER version. But the orginal is a big no no...If I could give it NO lippys I would.

Popular Fragrances