November 28, 2014 | 1190 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - Advanced Radiance Age Defying - Liquid

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2007 9:28:00 PM More reviews by darkphoenix33

Love this! It feels silky on my face, comes out of the pump thinner then I expected but goes on smooth and creamy. The coverage feels light, but looks beautiful and makes my skin feel so soft. The color is perfect for my skin (very, very pale, neutral, normal skin/sometimes a tad dry, I bought this in Ivory), and I acutually like the smell, although that has been a complaint from other reviewers.I'm only 18, so I always completely passed by 'anti-aging' products (besides, I have never had luck with Covergirl...and by luck I mean I despise most of their products). The only reason I picked this up was because it was on sale for 9.99 (Canadian) with 10x the Shoppers Drugmart bonus points, and I convinced myself to pick it up. I am so glad that I did, I would definitely buy this again full price! I might go pick up the powder, or the tinted sheer product. I'll have to check it out in daylight tomorrow before giving my final verdict, and make sure I don't break out ( I realize that this is for older ladies then myself, so this wouln't affect my judgment in any way). Otherwise, I would definitely reccomend this, I think I just found my HG.
EDIT: I just took this into sunlight and it looks like I have nothing on my face (in a good way). It blends perfectly with my skin, it's not cakey and doesn't bring out little dry patches (unlike my previous experience with Cover Girl).Boosting this up to five and definitely HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2007 9:48:00 AM More reviews by shella

I love this product!!!! It looks so natural and didn't seetle into lines or pores. I am 34 withcombo skin, I was worried about this foundation looking oily, but it never did. I have not had any breakouts yet, and hope it stays this way because I love this foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/21/2006 2:01:00 AM More reviews by kristina_145

I purchased this foundation in the hope that it will be similar to the tinted moisturisers cover girl makes, but with a bit more coverage and 'radiance'. For reference I have combination skin. I am 20 yo, pale skin and bought the shade 'classic ivory'. Applying the foundation it was easy to blend, had a strong 'olay face cream' smell and the shade was darker than i expected. It felt rather greasy and by the end of the day I was a complete oil slick, and I have never ever ever had that much shine from any foundation that I have used, and I used powder on top too! All day it felt like a mask was on my face - all i wanted to do was wash my face off.
I'm going to try and pass it on to my mum and see if she has better luck with it. Definitely for those with very dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2006 8:23:00 AM More reviews by charmcity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love to be able to try makeup without ANY Risk....so when I saw an ad in my latest O Magazine that if you don't like this product they'll give you your money back, I figured...why not? I am 29 and have noticed my nose-to-mouth line being more prominent lately :(...so I figured if I was going to use foundation anyway I wanted it to actually do something. I have tried the Olay Regenerist products in the past and liked them for making my skin feel smooth. This foundation has "Olay Ingredients" in it so I figured this might have the same effect plus coverage. I have only been using it for a week and like it so far. The pump bottle is very hygenic and the shade, medium light is perfect for my yellow-undertoned medium-fair skin. I will return to review after I have been using it for more time.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2006 12:05:00 AM More reviews by piggybank

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have sensitive combination skin. For the first few days of use, this product was fabulous. Then I started to breakout. However, the coverage is GREAT. My skin seemed to glow. That is a good thing...especially for the price of this product. I really wanted this to work. Too bad I broke out. Unfortunately, I cannot purchase this product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/6/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by macompanick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a small tester of this foundation (Natural Ivory) and liked it so much that I bought the full size. Unfortunately, after wearing it to work for 2 days, it leaves me looking like a grease pit by noon and I have a nasty breakout on my chin (which I attribute to the foundation). Back it goes!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2006 8:53:00 PM More reviews by xspasticx

I just bought this today, and it's definitely a pretty heavy foundation (for me, anyway). It actually covered my pimples, so I don't think I'll need a concealer with this stuff. However, I have a feeling that the foundation itself may have caused a few extra pimplies, as I'm pretty sure I started the day with two pimples and now have three or four. I tried it out on half my face today; will update tomorrow when I put on a full face of makeup.

Another thing to note about this foundation is that because it's pretty creamy - I would even venture to categorize it as a creme foundation - you need to really blend it in. It also dries to a powdery finish, which is something I'll have to figure out. Perhaps if I try using my foundation brush and moisturize a bit more heavily beforehand, it'll apply better. For now, I do not think I would re-purchase.

Oh, and I'm only 21. So this product may not have been meant for me in the first place.

ETA I just realized the above was a silly statement. Aged skin has larger pores, usually. So by this reasoning, which I think is true, younger women should be less sensitive to irritants, and older women (the target audience of this product) should be more sensitive, as their pores are larger. Therefore, my cause is hopeless and I will be returning this product to the store tomorrow.

I now have five huge zits thanks to a combination of the fluid and powder foundation. I've decided to stay makeup free. I don't know why I ever thought I needed makeup in the first place; my complexion is fine without it. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2006 8:02:00 PM More reviews by leahs12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a truly great foundation. I have tried so many foundations, most recently Lancome's Teinte Idole which was a huge disappointment. I am 21, so obviously am not concerned with age-defying products, but this foundation looks beautiful on my skin. I have oily/combination skin, and this foundation blends wonderfully. I start with Milk of Magnesia to control oil in the morning, and then a coat of this and my skin looks radiant, natural, and flawless. This is a medium coverage foundation which covered up minor blemishes and uneveness. The staying power is average- though it doesn't claim to last forever. However it does not cake, or slide or rub off, so my skin still looks great at the end of the day. I only gave this a rating of 4 because it did seem to slighly settle into my pores- thus I am looking to purchase a primer and hope that will solve this. I'm thinking of purchasing Shiseido Mattifying Veil. Normally I am very disappointed with Cover Girl, but this is an EXCELLENT PRODUCT!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2006 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Susanner

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I let one of my favourite cosmeticians talk me into buying this to compare to my HG True Radiance Foundation by Marcelle. I kept it too long to return it thinking I might end up liking it. After revisiting a month later, I have to say that I am very disappointed in a product related to the Olay Regenerist line. Cover girl is not known for their colours to start with but add to that a masky feel and fake looking coverage and you have a true recipe for a scary looking face. In fact, it seemed to emphasize my fine lines not blur them!! IMO there are far better age defying foundations on the market that actually do make you look younger and rested. That being said, I am still a fan of the Regenerist skin care line.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2006 6:01:00 PM More reviews by paulaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I also bought the little sample tubes and tried the "classic ivory" for the first time today. The texture was nice and creamy with medium coverage. Doesn't seem to settle in the fine lines around my eyes. I'm 47 btw. I normally use CG Hydrating Makeup and this seems to provide better coverage. My skin has very pink undertones, so I need that in my makeup. Yellow based foundations make me look ill. Only time will tell if it breaks me out. I hope not. Right now I'm liking it a LOT!