April 20, 2014 | 948 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Sculpt

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2008 4:27:00 PM More reviews by nikkola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

better than most foundations i have tried. I was looking for good lasting coverage, but did not want a matte look that usually comes with that type of foundation. This looks very fresh and pretty on skin. I wish the dewey look lasted all day, but it only lasts a couple hours. Also, the shade selection could be better. I am btwn the 2 lightest shades. Usually I would go for the lightest, but since this is dewey, it was more forgiving and I went for the darker shade. So glad I did. I look much healthier.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:46:00 AM More reviews by cheesemonks

This for the moment is my foundation staple. I love the coverage and love the colour match (I take 010 and usually find it difficult to find something light enough that isnt too yellow or too pink). So far, this is the most flattering foundation I have tried. I know this is for more mature skin but this makes my blotchy large pored 21yr old skin look just beautiful. My mum was so impressed shes ordered herself a bottle (however I really doubt this will do anything for mature skin). The problem I have with this though is the staying power....as I have oily skin, this foundation comes off my face pretty quickly. I also have a bit of application trouble because this is so thick, but I have just purchased a BB foundation brush, so will update about this when it arrives!
Also in Aus this retails for about $79..so PRICEY. Which annoys me, as everything seems to retail in the US for about half the retail price here...so thank god for ebay! I've bought this twice now for around $35 :) but if I run out, I definately would concider purchasing at full price as this stuff lasts for freaking ages. Still searching for my HG though.... :( Update: I just can't like this anymore, comes of the face too quickly, is difficult to apply (even with both foundation and stippling brushes) and it is very easy to apply too heavily. I think I have FINALLY found my HG though...Lancome's Magie Matte applied with a stippling brush and overlaid with stila loose powder. I receive compliments on my skin when I wear this, which I have NEVER had before.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by audreykay

I am still sitting on the fence on this one... I use it after applying Laura Mericer Primer(Which I adore). I like the coverage it provides and how it lasts all day.... it can look cakey at times though and it takes some effort for the texture to be just so on your face....

Anyone have anything that is full coverage-but still looks dewy and natural?....ehh.... the search for the perfect foundation continues...

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2007 3:03:00 PM More reviews by pisces7

Not worth the money at all. It accentuates my wrinkles and pores. All my imperfections are even more noticeable. Also could not match my skin tone. Mine is quite pale, whitish. But the line is based on yellow tones.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2007 7:28:00 PM More reviews by glimmering

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I agree with expat's review. For my 40+ skin, I expected more than I got. I generally like Dior foundations, and they have offered a better color match than most, but 010 in Sculpt just wasn't right on my very pale, cool-toned, dry skin. It didn't help cover the lines at my eyes, either, and seemed to highlight some new ones around my nose that I didn't know I had... Also disappointing, I did not find this very spreadable. I tried warming it on my hand or leg, I used my fingers and tried a foundation brush. This stuff is just too thick and it doesn't look entirely natural once on. Even blending, blending, blending didn't solve the issue. It doesn't "melt" into the skin. I found that if I mix in a drop of my YSL night cream to thin it out and give it a little luminosity, it works okay, but it doesn't look beautiful the way, for example, Make Up Forever does. I'm just trying to work my way through the bottle and then it's probably back to Make Up Forever (which unfortunately is not quite the right color match either, but its texture can't be beat).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 7:59:00 AM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The MA at a Dillards recommended this product for me and helped me select shade 22 (I normally take the 2nd or 3rd shade in a line). My skin is combo and mature. While I don't have much sagging or many fine lines, my skin is beginning to show some aging. I love this foundation for times when I really want to look polished. I consider it a medium-full coverage product and while it doesn't sculpt or lift anything, it does soften little lines near my eyes. I apply with my fingers just because this is my custom, let it dry a few seconds, and finish with a light dusting of powder in the t-zone. Holds up really well through the day and the color stays true. I wore it to work one day this week and a friend gave me a nice compliment on my appearance. Highly recommend when you need more than a TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by amberjade21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation! I love the coverage as it is full but not cakey as the foundation literally stretches across my face! My skin is left looking flawless and dewy, i love it! It is spf20 too so protects the skin and the bottle lasts for ever! I used to have problems with the oil content in it as I have combination skin and in the summer my t-zone would rapidly go shiny but now that I use MAC prep and prime spf50 underneath, it stays flawless all day! The only reason I have taken off a lippy is that there are not enough shades in it - for reference i wear sculpt 030 in the summer - which is a near perfect match, or 020 in the winter - but i would prefer a more goldeny colour for when i am tanned. It is also expensive, but as I wear foundation every day and a bottle lasts me about 10 months, I am not going to complain too much! This beats every one of the many foundations I have ever tried! UPDATE: I have upped it a lippy as although I previously wished for a more golden shade, I tried a golden armani foundation and looked ORANGE! Back to my beloved 030 sculpt foundation, nothing will beat it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2007 7:06:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade 010, the lightest available, for my NC15 skin. Diorskin sculpt has a thicker consistency, for a liquid, and gives superior coverage. It requires some time, blending it out and making sure it isnt clinging to any facial hair, since the texture is thicker, but the slightly dewy, flawless look that results is worth the effort. Lasting power on my normal to slightly oily skin is fine. This looks like makeup, however; it is a nice satiny-slightly dewy look, but it is not a "I have naturally good skin" look. It is not a mask-look, however, just to note. However, my new highly-enjoyed foundation look is mixing two squirts of Diorskin Purelight with one squirt of this, and then applying it. The Purelight softens the look of the Diorskin Sculpt, and adds a tiny but more radiance, creating a flawless, youthful look that can indeed pass for really good skin. As a bonus, whether wearing it alone or mixed, I do not need to use concealer on my face, and undereye concealer is not a necessity, although I do still wear it under my eyes. Dior foundations are such excellent quality. The price tag is harsh, but the quality is always superior.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 6:04:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence about this foundation for mature, dry skin. I have been using YSL Perfect Touch (for flawless coverage) mixed with a bit of Chanel Vitalumiere (for more hydration and smoothing). The Diorskin Sculpt has good coverage but is not quite hydrating enough on my dry skin so it looks a bit cakey. I LOVE the color (023), so will add it to my ever growing, blendable foundation collection! Thanks to many MUA reviews, I just started using Armani's Designer Shaping foundation which is my newest favorite (with a touch of Chanel Vitalumiere for moisture).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My Skin: Over 40, somewhat dry/dehydrated, uneven skin tone, fine lines (and some not so fine!).

Although I only gave this one a "3", it really isn't a bad foundation; however, if I'm going to spend this kind of money on a foundation, I expect a lot more than this one delivered. Pros: It is very pigmented and easily spreadable, and it comes in a terrific pump bottle. Cons: Did it lift my skin and smooth lines as promised? No, not really. Was it long-wearing as promised? Definitely not in the humid climate I live in. Was there a perfect color match for my skin tone (EL Futurist Shell Beige, Revlon Early Tan)? Nope.