October 21, 2014 | 1882 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Moisturizing Body Wash - "Deep Moisture"

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm really impressed by the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash. I have dry skin and when winter comes around, it's almost unbearable because of the itching and dryness. I normally use the Eucerin Calming Body Wash, which I love but it's a bit on the expensive side and my hubby doesn't like that it leaves a thin thin layer of film in the bathroom. Anyhow, I recently bought the Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash from Amazon. I really like the ever so light scent and to my surprise it worked really well, my skin wasn't itching or scratching after my shower, even when I forgot to use lotion. :) For the price, I would highly recommend this body wash.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have really dry skin and, while it doesn't replace lotion, it's certainly better than nothing when I'm in a rush in the morning. This "nutrium moisture" stuff is apparently legit, and I can tell that it leaves me moisturized. I like the smell too - it's very classically "soapy" but not in an offensive way and it does linger a bit, leaving a clean smell. Nice lather, nice product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by momto4monkeys

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really looove Dove body washes especially the Deep Moisture.I'm always trying out new ones,but have repurchased this one many times.All you need is a small squirt on a puff/washcloth and it really lathers up! This is a multi purpose product for me because it not only leaves my skin smooth and clean,but it doubles as a nice product for shaving! No more dry legs from shaving gels!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by JenniferDeann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've rewritten this review several times, but my final rating hasn't changed. I did buy the Target generic of this originally and I liked it so I thought I'd try the real deal. The Target version had ammonium-based cleansers whereas this one has sodium-based cleansers. And I liked it. Now it looks like the Target version has changed to where the ingredient lists look identical. Anywhoo, I like the fragrance of this Dove body wash as it is very light and neutral, and it's easy to use. But after only two or three days my skin, and especially my face, feels dried out. I have since switched to Olay (Target generic actually) and I'm back to normal, whew!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by Roseandthorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also get these in a 2-pack at Costco and it ends up being very cheap. All the skin on my body except for my face gets dry very easily, and this body wash seems to help a bit. It's very creamy and suds up nicely with my bath pouf. It does not make my back break out either, which is a good thing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by mandiluk

My mom bought this at Costco in a set of 2. So I figured I'd try it out. It's a very creamy and smooth body wash. I'm very use to lotioning my skin after the shower, especially when it get cold but less now that I started using this product. It really does keep my skin moisturized. I feel that I can go without lotioning my body after the shower. Needless to say I love the dove smell. It's refreshing and such a clean smell. Def recommend for all skin types

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Paulygirl21

I've been wanting to try this for sometime, as I had grown to strongly dislike my St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter body wash. So far, so good. Very moisturizing and I really like the creamy texture. Not as emamored with the scent as I thought I'd be, but I don't hate it, either. I predict that this one will be a bathroom staple for me, but will update should I decide otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2009 5:30:00 AM More reviews by andythemuppet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is *the* most moisturizing body wash there is out there. I have used this for about 6 months and I'm never switching back to anything else, including the dove bar.
The smell is light and the body wash is creamy and luxurious. I take HOT hot showers, and even so, my skin always comes out clean, soft and fresh. I get so many compliments on the softness and silky feel of my skin :)

I think that when you're out there shopping for body washes, you have to remember the actual purpose of it and not get carried away by crazy scents, like the ones at the body shop and lush. All those bottles look prettier in the shower, but at least in my case, my skin always feels dry and tight.

If you want clean and soft skin, this is the product I recommend that you start with. You can seriously skip body lotion for like a week and your skin will still feel fantastic.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:34:00 AM More reviews by sparrowoftheroses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try this after hearing all the love from MUA. It really is great! My skin is very dry, and in the winter especially, it gets itchy. I feel gross if I don't wash up every day, but other body washes just made the itch worse. Body lotion helped, but let's face it, it's a PITA to apply every day and then you feel greasy.

This body wash is opaque and white. It reminds me a lot of a cream cleanser. I'm not wild about the scent, which is really sugary, but it's not too strong either. A quarter size drop makes a really rich lather. Some reviewers here said it didn't lather up well, but maybe that was the old formulation? Either way, it cleans well and leaves my skin very moisturized. Don't have to use body lotion anymore, and no more winter itches. Seems to have eased my keratosis pilaris a bit, but time will tell if that's permanent.

UPDATE: My KP has significantly improved after using this for about a month. It has not gone away completely, but this body wash has helped it more than anything else I've tried, and the improvement has actually lasted. If you have KP, try this out.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 6:23:00 PM More reviews by fuzzysham

This is a very moisturizing body wash and definitely a must try if you have dry skin. However the reason for this 3 star rating is that because it's so thick it not only doesn't lather or spread easily at all, 99% of the time it leaves a crazy white film of soap on my skin that I need to spend extra time scrubbing off. I have actually gotten out of the shower and then realized I had to get back in to make sure all the soap was off my skin. Another thing that bothers me is that with it being so thick, once you get to the bottom of the bottle you can't store it upside down because of the awkward bottle cap/top and it really sucks trying to get the really thick cream out. The actual moisturizing properties of this body wash are really really good, but I'm sticking to Olay which doesn't leave this awkward film on my skin.