MAC Satin Lipstick in Twig

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Trioctyldodecyl Citrate, Glyceryl Triacetyl Hydroxystearate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax\Candelilla Cera\Cire De Candelilla, Octyldodecanol, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'Abeille, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Oil, Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vanillin, Alumina, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6 Lake, Red 6, Red 7 Lake, Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 11/5/2011 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Absolutely favorite lipstick, just get it, great for everyday use.
Colour - MLBB but a bit darker so it's great for winter.
Formulation - I love Satins. They can be drying, but god do they stay on. And you don't get a flaky finish, it shines but without ANY glitter. Just lovely, barely needs touch-ups.
Packaging - MAC lipstick packaging is my favorite by far. Unpopular opinion, but I just love the simplicity. I legit like it more than Rouge Volupte packaging, Dior Addict packaging. I dont even own those lipsticks because if I feel like buying one, IMO MAC is the best I can get and the packaging is heavenly for me.

Go. Buy. This. Lipstick. (As long as you like the colour, but it's fairly neutral and very wearable). I'll always repurchase.

on 10/2/2011 3:15:00 AM

My absolute favourite lipstick i own from mac. This is my everyday lipstick.
First of all, i am inlove with the mac lipstick formulations, satins in particular, and formulations are so important to me; they make or break the lipstick for me without a doubt.
Secondly, this color is super flattering on me. It's the lipstick color I have been looking for forever, and there are no replacements :) lovvvvve it

on 8/3/2011 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On my lips MAC Twig shows up as a pinky/mauve/brown color shade. The formula is very dry and tends to make my lips looked chapped when applied..(Maybe I got a bad tube, who knows) The only way I can make this lipstick work for me is if I use MAC Viva Glam V lipgloss on top. With gloss it looks nice MLBB..

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I initially went to mac to try & perhaps buy Brave...however while @ the L/S section I pulled twig as well as brave...after tryn brave it did not work for my skintone moved on to TWIG & viola love @ 1st dab I dab it on becuz it looked dark in the tube but once it instantly brightened my face its the perfect rosy nude...I love this color it last a good while 4hrs W/O eatn & drinkn through a straw...my 2ndx wearn I applied it straight from the tube & that's when I encountered the curse of the satin "dryness" it feels dry on the lips which I took 1 lippie of 4 that but I will deal with that since it only happens when I swipe on instead of dab in all it was a good buy & if this tube is done I will def. Repurchase:)

on 5/14/2011 4:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm obviously in the minority but I hate this lipstick with a passion! I've got pale, freckly skin with blue eyes and blonde hair, and it comes out as a disgusting orangey brown on me. I also dislike the very drying formula - yuk!

on 4/2/2011 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this so much,flattering my nc40/42 skin tone

on 1/29/2011 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my go to lipstick it's pretty much the natural shade of my lips but better it stays on all day and I wear it everywhere work school social life everything!

on 1/29/2011 2:55:00 PM

Love the pigmentation and lasting power. However, this lipstick is thick and can appear cakey if you swipe it across your entire lip. I've found that it works best if you dab the lipstick on and then smoosh your lips together to blend. This method will also help to preserve the amount used each time. My only reservation is the price. Revlon's Rose Velvet is a much better dupe. It is moisturising and a much more wearable color.

on 1/12/2011 4:24:00 PM

This is a great lipstick! Looks good whether I am tan or pale and has a nice matte finish that isn't drying. I have been using this color for 13 years! :)

Twig's finish is semi-matte and pretty flattering for any skintone; it's a mauvey-taupe in the tube but much more pink/red on your lips. I'm an NC15 with golden undertones and this is dark enough on my pigmented lips to appear as though I'm definitely wearing lipstick, so I'd classify it as a medium lipstick, maybe dark (we're not talking noir here, though). The finish dries down quite nicely and looks as if it were freshly applied if you continue to apply balm or gloss afterward, as it stains your lips a little. (Neither a pro or con for me.)

I've found this product is almost exactly identical to MAC Twig once on - If you're thinking of getting both, get one or the other!

Popular Lipsticks