December 22, 2014 | 1836 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Tarheeloutwest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The color is a rosy kind of MLBB. I'm NC20ish with washed-out lips and Twig perks up my coloring without being too obvious. This was my first MAC lipstick and I really enjoy the creamy texture and the staying power. It cost $14.50 but it's worth it. First because I got to try it on in the store and second because I knew that if it didn't work I could take it back to Nordstrom. I will definitely go back to MAC for more colors.

I'm over buying lipstick at the drugstore! A good lipstick has to be a flattering color and it's so difficult to predict if a color will be flattering if you can't try it on. Maybe this is because my coloring is on the warm side rather than neutral or cool, I don't know. But I'm ashamed to admit how many tubes of Revlon and L'Oreal there are junking up my lipstick cubby. I've even resorted to mixing the too-plum ones with the too-brown ones in an old lip gloss pot. At least that way I get something out of the money I've spent!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2010 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MiniMabs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My favourite everyday lipstick. It's about 3 tones darker than my lips and just makes them look bigger and more defined. I put an Estee Lauder lip liner on in Spice (08) which is exact same shade, put this lipstick on with a brush and then a lipcote ontop. My lipstick stays on nearly all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by MrsGlamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:18:00 AM More reviews by keim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Twig is a beautiful neutral color for us warmer skinned gals (nc35-37). I am in love with it. Also looks beautiful with MAC nymphette over it. Must have!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2010 9:06:00 PM More reviews by lipstickgirl8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this already! I love Twig. It's not earth-shattering, but it works so well. It's the perfect everyday, MLBB color. I wear it when I want to look like me, but better. I never choose it at night, but it's great for work and weekends. A perfect neutral on me. I've bought several tubes over the years, and just used my "back to mac" trade in to get one! And I do love the stain formula.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by guyinds

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Had this lipstick about a month. This is my new go to color. I am a NW35 and this color works great with my skin tone. Satin finish is nice because it can be worn anywhere: to work or out on the town. If u want something more flashy pick a similar color with a different finish or top it off with some clear gloss. Overall a good product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is my true neutral color. I mean, this color matches my natural lip color to a T, when I have it on, it evens out my natural color, and gives it a subtle shine. This is my soulmate lipstick. LOVE IT.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/14/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by ChristiAnne1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually adore brownish lipsticks but this one just did not work for me. After I put it on I looked in the mirror and immediately felt transported back to the 90's. On me it turned a very icky brownish/reddish color that made me feel (and look...eek!) about 10 years older.I was hoping for a browny/pinky/neutral color but I don't think my mauvey pigmented lips can pull it off.
I do however, love the texture of it and the scent...just not the way it makes me look.
Gave it to my mom who absolutely adores it, and on her it looks amazing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cyberkaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this shade. For some reason, it is perfect for my skin tone. I have been using it for over 10 years. I first heard about this shade after reading an article in one of the magazines about MAC's best selling lipsticks, and at the time, this shade was their best seller. I thought I would try it because I love the nude brownish pink toned lipsticks. I went to Nordstroms because they had a large selection of MAC products, and as soon as I tried it on, I loved it. I will continue to buy this shade as long as they carry it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Several of my friends used and raved about Twig lipstick so I decided to give it a try a few years ago. Definitely NOT my colour at all. Very unflattering, in fact. I need more colour to my face - more pink or plum or red. Twig just made me look tired and haggard - not what anyone is looking for in a lipstick. It's not really the fault of the lipstick; it's just not a flattering colour for me at all. I also find it very drying and dry looking on my lips, though a topping of a clear or almost clear lipgloss takes care of this and also makes the lipstick a bit more wearable/less unflattering for me (I tried it the other day again after quite some time and put on some gloss). I've had this a few years now and the tube basically looks unused because, well, I hardly ever use it.