August 27, 2014 | 2056 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick in Twig

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by cyberkaren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this shade. For some reason, it is perfect for my skin tone. I have been using it for over 10 years. I first heard about this shade after reading an article in one of the magazines about MAC's best selling lipsticks, and at the time, this shade was their best seller. I thought I would try it because I love the nude brownish pink toned lipsticks. I went to Nordstroms because they had a large selection of MAC products, and as soon as I tried it on, I loved it. I will continue to buy this shade as long as they carry it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 11:42:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Several of my friends used and raved about Twig lipstick so I decided to give it a try a few years ago. Definitely NOT my colour at all. Very unflattering, in fact. I need more colour to my face - more pink or plum or red. Twig just made me look tired and haggard - not what anyone is looking for in a lipstick. It's not really the fault of the lipstick; it's just not a flattering colour for me at all. I also find it very drying and dry looking on my lips, though a topping of a clear or almost clear lipgloss takes care of this and also makes the lipstick a bit more wearable/less unflattering for me (I tried it the other day again after quite some time and put on some gloss). I've had this a few years now and the tube basically looks unused because, well, I hardly ever use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:07:00 AM More reviews by angelina71

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This will the first lipstick shade I'll rebuy. I've had this many years, and it is wearable day and night. I'm NW-NC20. Colour is pink chocolate. Nars Pigalle is called pink chocolate but it has no pink, just brown. If I have to pick one shade of all the lipsticks I have tried, and call it universally flattering, twig would be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by tylerhz

Nice color b I'm olive complected and I like this color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 2:36:00 AM More reviews by Amsi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick! I'm about an NC42 and have pigmented, full lips. The satin formula is pretty opaque and covers the uneven pigmentation of my lips so you just see the beautiful mauve color.
...
The satin finish offers a matte look, but it can be a little on the dry side, so I would recommend using a light layer of lip balm underneath this. Since it's a little drier, it doesn't rub off all over when I drink a glass of water. I hate glossy lip products because they're usually too sheer to offer much color and wear off too quickly. Plus, I feel like they emphasize my already fat lips.
...
This color brightens up my complexion perfectly. It's a mauve pink that isn't too bright or too brown. I even like the name "Twig" for this color. The color isn't exactly "young," but all the bright/glossy/glittery "young" stuff isn't working for me. I'm really glad it's in the permanent MAC product line and hope it's never discontinued!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Over the years I have used this lippie repeatedly on many clients -- the skin color doesn't really matter as much as the pigmentation of the lips.

on women with darker pigmented lips, this is the perfect nude to cover and perfect an important MLBB look.

I love it personally and will continue to use it.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

have had 2 tubes of this, thought it was the be all and end all for me but then recently some photos of me shocked me into realising this is quite alot darker than I realised and its matte texture gives me a very 1990's look so I have given the remainding product to someone else and have gone back to my old pre-twig colours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Happy I recieved this color *Free (I had some recycables to bring in).This shade had me wondering,It looked different online,so I thought I give it a closer look at the counter.Loved it!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by TracyDZ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I had a $20 Nordstrom Bucks certificate burning a hole in my pocket; so it was pretty much an impulse buy.

I like this lipstick! It is a fairly neutral brown/pink with a medium pigment intensity. On me, it looks best with a bare face and brown mascara. Not HG material, but a nice, reliable staple to have in your makeup drawer.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2010 9:14:00 PM More reviews by marie28

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a mauve/brown shade. It is a nice color, but on me, it makes my complexion appear darker than it is.
As with other MAC satin lipstick, the texture is smooth and creamy. Staying power is decent...but this is not the color for me.