C.O. Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine

4.7

on 2/13/2009 3:24:00 PM

I am obsessed with this lipgloss! It's smooth,moisturizing,glossy,and yummy all in one. It's infused with 2.3% peppermint oil and 0.2% feild mint oil, so it's extra minty. One tube lasted me forever, and my lips never feel dry after it's worn off a bit. I love love LOVE that the C.O. Bigelow glosses aren't sticky! I also love that it's clear, so it looks natural. I wear it all the time, and it's my go-to gloss when I do a super smokey eye. C.O. Bigelow also makes this gloss with tints and in other flavors.

I've been a fan of the regular mentha lip shine for a while and I picked this Ultra Mentha Lip Shine up on a trip to Bath & Body Works (they were having one of those 6 for something sales that I cannot resist)...

I absolutely LOVE this product. It has the high-shine and smooth texture of the other C.O. Bigelow lip shines but it is at least twice, if not three times, as minty as the original.

As a big fan of minty frangrances and the tingling usually accompanying them, I think this stuff is great - definitely added along with all the other lip shines I have tried by this brand as my HG lip glosses. However, anyone with very sensitive lips or with any sensitivity to high concentrations of peppermint oil should probably stay away from this.

on 1/25/2009 4:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this gloss. It's not too heavy and it isn't sticky either! :) It tastes like mint (mm..) and gives off a nice shine. They usually have sales for this so the price isn't too bad.

on 1/14/2009 9:56:00 PM

I LOVE this lip gloss. I love the fact that it is super glossy without being thick. The price does not bother me since the Bath and Body by my house was selling most of the C.O. Bigelow poducts for only $3. Usually they are like 3 for $15 which is also good because one tube costs $7.50. I own like 7 tubes because I am always leaving one behind somewhere but this lipgloss is the BEST!

Can't live without this! It's replaced my Burt's Bees lip balm. I'm addicted to the tingle. The tinted versions add a lovely hint of color. I've gotten compliments wearing them, but this is the one I love the most for the extra mentha blast of coolness on the lips. It's quite expensive I think at 7 bucks a pop but I tend to wait for those coupons where you can get them free with a purchase to save some money!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Generally love this - tt's fresh and delicious and i love the cool tingly feeling, and the bf prefers this to fake fruit or chocolate scented/flavoured glosses.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I'm on my second tube of this gloss, & though I wouldn't say it's my absolute favourite, it's great for everyday use, and perfect for what it is: a simple, shiney, minty lip gloss. It provides a lot of shine, & has a wonderful cooling sensation. Also, considering how much you get in the tube, I don't mind the price at all. Plus, you can get them during sales for even cheaper.

on 1/4/2009 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

My obsession. I adore anything minty, so this stuff is the perfect lip gloss for me. I prefer clear gloss over lipstick and this stuff is super shiny. Love it! Since every time I go into Bath & Body Works they seem to have it buy 2, get 1 free, I always have a few extras on hand.

on 1/1/2009 8:57:00 PM

Absolutely LOVE it.

on 12/4/2008 5:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

After all the positive reviews, I was heading into the airport and I saw a Bath and Body Works. This was on sale for $5 rather than the usual $7. Tried several, and settled on the Ultra Mentha Lip Shine because I thought I would enjoy the extra mint taste

Pros:
Taste
Ultra glossy
Medium warm tingle
Not sticky
Nice size
Easy to slide on lips

Cons:
Price
Fades after about 1-2 hours, needs to be reapplied
Not as moisturizing as expected, leaves lips feeling bare
If squeezed too hard, easy to waste product

Popular Lip Glosses