Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil

4.1

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dicapryl Adipate, Fragrance, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, BHT, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil

on 9/30/2003 9:11:00 PM

This is my bath time favorite. I don't particularly always like the smell of it, but it leaves my skin very soft and I find it very relaxing to sit in a tub ot this stuff.

I received it as a Xmas gift from my sister 2 years ago and have been hooked every since.

It can be expensive so I wait for it to go on sale.

on 3/21/2003 10:27:00 PM

The regular price is high, but it goes on sale often. I use this because I can't use bubble bath and this is just as relaxing in Soft & Sensual. I love this product. It helps keep my skin soft and it smells great. The only problem is I have to clean my tub more often!

on 2/17/2003 1:26:00 PM

I've used SSS for more than 30 years. I've never found any bath oil to compare. I love soaking in a hot bath with SSS bath oil. It makes your skin truly soft and I think the fragrance is so relaxing. I shop Avon's website for the "2 for 1" sales on it. Highly recommended.

on 1/21/2003 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a big fanatic of Skin So Soft Soft N Sensual, but I had never tried the bath oil because I had thought it was expensive even for Avon. Let's be honest, baby oil works pretty good in the tub! But, I received this in a swap, and I have to say I really like it. It certainly smells better than baby oil (LOL)! And when I use it with my SSS Foam Bath, I get nice, smooth skin that lasts for a long time. I will definitely be purchasing this one from now on!

on 10/17/2002 4:36:00 PM

I absolutely love this stuff. I tend to use it in my bubble bath and my skin is so soft and smooth. Since bath time is a ritual for me, this is a very important ingredient since I like to take them almost every day. I especially love the soft and sensual oil. I stock up on these by the truck load when they have a sale. The price is moderate but the sales that avon has are awesome so I really can't complain. This stuff is the bomb.

If you're looking for something to keep the bugs away, this is fantastic. I don't particularly care for the scent, or the somewhat greasy feel, but when I'm on vacation in South Carolina or New Orleans, it's a staple.

on 8/23/2002 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really like this stuff. I apply it to damp skin, because this way it sinks in and doesn't just sit there, coating me in a heavy, oily layer. I like the smell and another bonus is that it keeps mosquitos off of me. I live in Louisiana (a.k.a., the swamp), so having an "elegant" bug repellant is really essential down here. What's even better is that I found this at a local drugstore, and it was $8 for the 16 oz. bottle, whereas the Avon catalog and website have it for $12.50. AND I was able to get it right away, rather than ordering it and waiting for it to come in (though it's worth it and I'd do that if I had to).

on 6/13/2002 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My neighbor gave me a big bottle of this stuff to use last summer to keep mosquitos from biting me. I figured out why they don't bite - they end up STICKING to you instead and drown in the oil. So I was covered with dead bugs. How attractive. And on top of that I felt greasy and dirty. I couldn't wait to get home from camp to shower this off! Horrible stuff but I bet it probably works wonderfully when used after a BATH like you are suppose to use it for. UPDATE - Okay I obtained a rather large bottle of this bath oil again and gave it all another shot. Like I said before - this is definately nasty when used as bug repellent but in a bath......OH SO HEAVENLY!! It is comparable to my Burts Bees lemon bath oil in performance. Makes my skin so incredibly soft. A bit greasy at first but settles into a nice soft feel on my skin after I towel dry off. I don't care for the smell any but it doesn't seem strong enough to combat with any fragrances. One other downer is that I slathered on some VS body cream over this a few hours later and the residue from the bath oil made the lotion ball up on my skin. Basically it was a dumb idea to lotion myself after using this but being a skin care addict, what can a girl do!! Anyhow - I give this 4 lipsticks instead of my previous 1. NOVEMBER 2008 UPDATE- I HAD STOPPED USING THIS STUFF BECAUSE IT WAS MAKING MY TUB GRIMEY AND NOT EASY TO CLEAN BUT THEN I EXPERIMENTED WITH SOME TILEX AFTER SHOWER BATH SPRAY. THIS STUFF DE-SLICKED MY TUB AFTER THIS OIL BATH. PERFECT! STILL 4 LIPPIES THOUGH BECAUSE THE SMELL IS NOT THE BEST.

on 1/29/2002 9:56:00 AM

A very old product that is still going strong. Kudos for that fact alone! :) It has a very distinct smell, and does make a mess in the tub if you get too much, but all in all, a nice inexpensive bath oil. However, my main use for this is to deter mosquitos in the summer. I don't want poisons on my sensitive skin, and this works. Plain and simple. Some may say it doesn't, they are wrong. I live in Florida, mosquitos can get bad at times in the summer, they will NOT bite or come around you if you have a light film of this applied to all exposed areas. I give it a 5 for this accomplishment alone.

on 1/25/2002 4:13:00 PM

This oil was great. Added to my bath, and my skin was so smooth! It could feel a little greasy to the touch, but put some in the bath and mmm so soft!

Popular Bath Treatments