January 29, 2015 | 1964 users online

Cleansers - Eve Lom - Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by noleksyshyn

An amazing cleanser that doesn't leave the skin tight. Melts away every last bit of makeup in whatever form it may appear. Creams, powders, gels, waterproof colors, all gone with one application. Feels extremely luxurious and the process is calming and almost spa-like. I would highly recommend the product not only for the quality, but also for the experience and result. It has significantly changed the texture of my skin for the better. I have a noticeable reduction in pores and overall my skin looks more supple, softer and smoother.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2012 6:27:00 PM More reviews by stormV301

Had really high hopes for this cleanser after hearing so many people raving about how amazing it is......how wrong I was!!! I used this for two weeks int he hope that it would actually make my skin better - it made it worse and worse! (so glad I only shelled out for the smallest tub!) I switched to Dermalogica after this and that has made a big improvement to my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by bellezatigresa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Probably one of the best cleansers for sensitive/combination, normal or dry skin. I guess that it might be too emollient for oily or acne prone skin.

After switching to another brand recently, I can really see the difference in how my skin reacts to Eve Lom, which is to say flawlessly.

It smells of essential oils and it is a bit time consuming, but beauty never did favor the lazy. :)

I will probably be a lifelong Eve Lom user.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 11:37:00 PM More reviews by blumoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not give a skincare product HG status until I finish it and find that I want to repurchase because I simply can't be without it, which is rare. So far only this cleanser and Exuviance Vespera Bionic Serum have become my HG's. I first tried this product under the recommendation of a friend. Before this, I've switched from one cleanser to another before finishing them because they all either made my skin feel tight due to dryness or caused some kind of problem. The first time I used this cleanser I was surprised at how good my skin felt after. I thought, like a lot of other products, it might stop working so well after a few times, but that never happened. I actually enjoy washing my face with this cleanser. I don't use the muslim cloth often, because washing with it makes my skin feel dryer. I bought the 50ml tub to try it out before shelling out so much money. I am at the end of the tub and will repurchase once it's finished. Gotta say, I hate, hate, hate the price of this product, but it is the best cleanser I've tried so far so what can I do.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by junglegirl004

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is much like a tub of paraffin with cinnamon in it. I'm pretty sure that if you shelled out $50 for the same, you'd have to "swear by" that too... and it probably would work, for the same reason that Eve Lom's works.

Yes I am using it correctly - had a private appointment with Eve Lom herself to make sure I was! She did do me the favour of talking me out of using creams on my face at all, including hers, because they were blocking my pores and my skin couldn't breathe. So using almost nothing has been a huge improvement.

This tub however - is not necessary and is not going to save you... if you want something equally heavy and balm-like, Lush' Ultrabland is at least as good in every way, and just happens to be far cheaper. But I'm pretty sure that everyone would be better off with Herbfarmacy's gorgeous, soft and natural cleansing mousse (not yet reviewed on MUA).

Don't fall for the Lom hype!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2012 2:27:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

I was freaked out by the negative reviews I saw on here, especially as I have very sensitive skin and have had disastrous results in the past (redness, rashes, irritation) with products that have turned out to be both insanely overhyped and overpriced.. BUT, I'm very relieved to say, this cleanser has worked fantastically for me (I've been using it for about 8 weeks now). My skin has never felt so soft and clean and I now use about half of the moisturiser that I used to. Lots of reviews say that the cleansing routine is time-consuming, but I don't really agree (and I'm super lazy haha). Normally I spend ages getting all my makeup (especially eyemakeup) when I'm washing my face before bed, but this stuff just melts it right off. My skin feels sooo spotless and squeaky clean afterwards. I would have to say my favourite thing about the eve lom is that I've been able to eliminate facial scrubs/exfoliating from my routine, and this is from someone who has been plagued by a stubborn, flaky tx-zone since puberty. My skin is just so manageable now...I don't even have to think about it. All in all, I'm relieved and happy I finally tried this product.

Another thing I noticed in the reviews on here is people saying they broke out after the first few days of using this, followed by their skin subsequently clearing up, which is apparently how the cleanser 'works'...this didn't happen to me, and I probably wouldn't have been too keen if the SA had mentioned it. One last thing I have to mention is the muslin cloths - I have been waaaay too time and money poor to waste dollars on these (I lost mine only a few weeks after buying the cleanser). I personally find the routine works exactly the same and is just as effective l with a good quality, texturised face washer/cloth.

Although I love Eve Lom and everything's it's doing for my skin, it is VERY expensive...especially when you consider the list of ingredients. For this reason, I may investigate similar, cheaper cleansers when my current tub starts to run out.

Sooooooooo to summarise, I love the results I got with this stuff, but taking into account the absurd, unjustifiable high price tag, I can't bring myself to give it 5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by Lizbie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've been using this for years and have given up trying anything else now: nothing else is as good, including the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, which smelt lovely but gave me bumpy skin. If you can get past the initial outlay, it's very good value too: one 100ml pot lasts me six months and it works as moisturiser, exfoliator and eye make-up remover as well as conventional cleanser. In extreme weather I might use some moisturiser as well, but really, that's it.

I'm 36 with dry/combination skin and am prone to eczema but I've never had any trouble with this stuff. The packaging is exactly as it should be, no fuss, just a robust tub in a box with clear instructions. As for the hot cloth method, it's not at all time-consuming or tricky once you've done it a few times, and I speak as someone with serious low maintenance tendencies (I don't even own a hairbrush or comb). For cloths I use muslin squares (the ones for babies!) cut in half.

I guess some people just won't get on with it, but I think everyone should try it. One other thing: give it a month minimum (unless you have a reaction to it of course).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 9:29:00 PM More reviews by pandabear5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going to have to agree with British Vogue that this is "probably the best cleanser in the world." At least for me. Well, this and the Emma Hardie one, which is slightly more moisturizing, but I digress.
Judging from the rating, it seems like the Eve Lom is hit or miss with people. It's definitely worth a shot at least. Removes my makeup and makes my skin nice, clear, and soft. The scent is medicinal, kind of like Vicks VapoRub and cloves. I'd rate the scent a 3, but if clove oil and eucalyptus oil are what makes this cleanser work, then I really don't care. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by samk22710

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this cleanser!! It takes all my makeup off and leaves my skin feeling hydrated and smooth. I have been using it for about three weeks, and I can already see some results. My skin tone has become even, and my face is blemish free. I don't think I could use anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 3:40:00 PM More reviews by AngelaywHo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am quite surprised to see this product doesn't even reach a rating of 3.5, I mean I understand everyone can be different in reacting to skincare but cleanser usually slightly different, don't they? To me if a cleanser can remove make up gently and easily without any break out afterward and also leave my skin soft and not dry, I would consider that as a good cleanser and Eve Lom has definitely gone beyond that!! It makes my skin even smooth and brighter instantly, after a month of use I also noticed that my t-zone area is getting less oily altho I still get blackheads, the condition of my skin is so much better and Liz Earle can no way do the same job to my skin. I agree that this product is still overpriced in general but if you get the 200ml size it is cheaper and possibly wait for the seasonal sale for bargain. I think I will buy it again not probably not right away when I finish my current one, there are many cleansing balm out there and I am still interested to hunt for new ones.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No