April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Scrubs - Kiehls - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by smini80

I got this as a sample and it was great. You only use a nickel sized blob - the sample lasted me for 5 washes.
It really does its job as a scrub well but you have to be really careful about the amount of pressure you use when you cleanse your face. Start off with a light touch the first time, and if your face is ok with it, you can increase the pressure a little more next time.
It is expensive but based on how long the sample lasted, the tub should last a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works pretty well, but it is $40! I know it lasts a long time because you only need a nickel sized amount for your face, but thats alot to splash out on at once.

Makes my skin feel really really smooth and even. I can't say it makes my pores any smaller, which is what I was hoping for, but it really is retexturizing.

I hope this isnt too harsh for my 20year old skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent facial scrub, leaves my skin glowing and ultra smooth. I like a good thorough scrubbing (no wimpy microbeads here!) and this formula is the best I've found. I find that just a light mist of water on the face before applying works best....if your face is too wet, you'll end up using more product. Be very careful about what type of skin product you apply AFTER using this scrub. I mistakenly applied a potent AHA cream right after exfoliating, and the next day my skin was red and covered with thousands of minisule tiny blisters! Yes, blisters! By applying AHA right after this scrub I'd literally burned my freshly scrubbed skin! It healed fine after a few days but it was a good lesson....read the instructions!! Since that experience I've only applied gentle moisturizers afterward and had no issues at all... skin is glowing and smooth for days.
UPDATE: I've started using Kiehl's Centella Skin Recovery Salve after using the Micro-Dermabrasion and really like the combination... the salve is soothing and calming, and I wake up with a fresh glow.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

Im on my 2nd bottle and gt my friends and sister addicted to this great scrub frm Kiehls! Well the pricing is really on the high side for a scrub (S$89) but a little goes a long way..i can use for 1 yr +...( - 1 lippie for the px)
This is one of the best scrubs i have used in awhile as it has reali fine texture - u can choose to intensify the way you like it on ur face by just massaging it gently or with slightly more pressure..i do it 2-3 times a week (3 times max as recommended) and my face feels really clean n reinvigorated. i always use a mask aft the scrub as i feel it absorbs the essence of the mask really well..will buy it again! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture can be described as very fine grains. I squeeze a portion less than the size of a 5 cent coin. This scrub isn't harsh but does its job to smoothen my skin and getting rid of dead cells. After rinsing off my skin feels very smooth. I use this once a week and notice that makeup application on the day I use my srub is always more flawless. My bb cream goes on like a dream and it looks great.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2008 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this based on the mostly glowing reviews, but it didn't live up to my expectations. It exfoliates decently, doesn't irritate my skin and a little goes a long way, but beyond that it's really nothing exceptional. Some treatments I've found to be more effective include DermaDoctor Physical Chemistry, Origins Modern Friction, Dr. Brandt Microdermabrasion in a Jar, Freeze 24/7 IceCrystals, Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA Face & Body Polish and Philosophy Microdelivery Peel. Glad this worked so well for some, but it's not my cup of tea.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by dreamofpicasso

I was using the Murad AHA/BHA scrub for a long time and decided to change to something new and hopefully better. After reading the review here, I decided to try out this scrub from Kiehls. I absolutely love it and will certainly purchase it again. The micro-dermabrasion crystals feels like heavy duty scrub that sweeps away all the dead skins that cause larger pores and blackheads. I was worried that it might be too harsh on my face but it didn't cause any redness or dryness on my face. I only use it 3 times a week and it controls the blackheads around my nose and chin area very well. My skin feels soft and super clean after I use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by jazzypoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fabulous scrub for the price. Perfect texture and great value!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 6:27:00 AM More reviews by nikitabambina

Love this so much!! Use it only once a week for a really deep clean. Skin feels sooooooooooooooo nice after. the grains are perfect size/texture. kiehls have no doubt some of the best products out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by tyleka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! The texture is great, and it does not dry out my skin. Wish it were a little less expensive, but it's worth it to me. Waaayy better than Origins Modern Friction.