November 22, 2014 | 1689 users online

Scrubs - Kiehl's - Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 3:27:00 PM More reviews by AmazonRises

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have tried many Kiehl's products over the years and this is one of their best. Most scrubs do nothing for my skin, This scrub has just the right amount of OOMPH- after using it my skin looks and feels super smooth. The closest comparison that I can make to this is Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion in a Jar, but that product is more expensive and comes in jar which for me is not ideal. IMO, these are the two most effective non-chemical exfoliators on the market.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by kristin_dee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been researching a good microderm/scrub for quite some time and I have now, at last, found my HG! It truly made my skin glow. I have normal-dry skin and it work wonders for me! Highly recommend this product!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 1:16:00 AM More reviews by cjgraham1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the absolute best face scrub on the market for the price. I work in cosmetics and I have tested several scrubs and this one is the best hands down especially for combination to oilier skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by aequaye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thus product is absolutely amazing, I have used Neova's microdermabrasion scrub which I thought was good but this blows that out of the water, plus it seems to impart moisture into the skin while you are gently scrubbing - shea butter is listed as one of the ingredients. After only my third use of this my skin tone is almost perfectly even (I had uneven discolouration on my forehead and cheeks) and incredibly soft. You definitely have to use a sunscreen of atleast spf30 with this as it makes the skin sensitive to sunlight but I'm sure it must be the best exfoliator out there, (and I have tried a heck of a lot of products in my 27 years) both for effectiveness and how gentle it is. This gave my skin a glow and evenness which looks almost unreal. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by marinatchka

LOVE this product. It is quite effective in fading acne scars and smoothing out my skin. I can't stop touching my face because it is so soft. try not to put too much strength while scrubbing at first because it is quite a strong scrub and your face will end up all red. I don't really care for the Centella recovery lotion that goes with it (it is too greasy for my liking) but I will definately continue using this product

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2009 6:13:00 AM More reviews by sitarocks

I tried this after i got sick of the overnight biological peel, this is great it doesnt work miracles but using this three times a week has really helped to fade my acne scars and get rid of any dry skin from using glycolic acid etc.

Of course it is expensive, 40 pounds! but ive not found a scrub with grains as fine as this i really feel like it does the job well. a must have for those with dry blemished skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2009 4:56:00 AM More reviews by smini80

I got this as a sample and it was great. You only use a nickel sized blob - the sample lasted me for 5 washes.
It really does its job as a scrub well but you have to be really careful about the amount of pressure you use when you cleanse your face. Start off with a light touch the first time, and if your face is ok with it, you can increase the pressure a little more next time.
It is expensive but based on how long the sample lasted, the tub should last a while.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Works pretty well, but it is $40! I know it lasts a long time because you only need a nickel sized amount for your face, but thats alot to splash out on at once.

Makes my skin feel really really smooth and even. I can't say it makes my pores any smaller, which is what I was hoping for, but it really is retexturizing.

I hope this isnt too harsh for my 20year old skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Excellent facial scrub, leaves my skin glowing and ultra smooth. I like a good thorough scrubbing (no wimpy microbeads here!) and this formula is the best I've found. I find that just a light mist of water on the face before applying works best....if your face is too wet, you'll end up using more product. Be very careful about what type of skin product you apply AFTER using this scrub. I mistakenly applied a potent AHA cream right after exfoliating, and the next day my skin was red and covered with thousands of minisule tiny blisters! Yes, blisters! By applying AHA right after this scrub I'd literally burned my freshly scrubbed skin! It healed fine after a few days but it was a good lesson....read the instructions!! Since that experience I've only applied gentle moisturizers afterward and had no issues at all... skin is glowing and smooth for days.
UPDATE: I've started using Kiehl's Centella Skin Recovery Salve after using the Micro-Dermabrasion and really like the combination... the salve is soothing and calming, and I wake up with a fresh glow.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 11:43:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

Im on my 2nd bottle and gt my friends and sister addicted to this great scrub frm Kiehls! Well the pricing is really on the high side for a scrub (S$89) but a little goes a long way..i can use for 1 yr +...( - 1 lippie for the px)
This is one of the best scrubs i have used in awhile as it has reali fine texture - u can choose to intensify the way you like it on ur face by just massaging it gently or with slightly more pressure..i do it 2-3 times a week (3 times max as recommended) and my face feels really clean n reinvigorated. i always use a mask aft the scrub as i feel it absorbs the essence of the mask really well..will buy it again! =)