August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Cleansers - Avene - Cold cream ultra-rich cleansing gel

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2006 2:26:00 AM More reviews by rosyrosey

Pros: Creamy, lathery consistency; no fragrance; lockable pump bottle; decent price for the size.
Con: Left my face feeling tight and stripped of all moisture.

May be good for those who enjoy/can tolerate that "squeaky clean" feeling, but my skin can't handle it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2006 6:01:00 AM More reviews by wooster

This made me look like I had been burnt!! It's a shame as so many reviewer rave about it so I was hoping it would be perfect for my sensitive skin. I came up in lots of red lumps & face stung so bad that I had to take an antihistamine. I gave it to my sister and the same thing happened to her.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2006 11:07:00 PM More reviews by verte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE October 2007: I still use this (though it's becoming very hard to find here) and still love it. I alternate with the oil cleansing method and an Akin cream cleanser. My skin looks marvellous. :D

UPDATE October 2006: This is almost my HG cleanser now! Cheap and effective and super-mild.

I like this cleanser for my combination skin. It is more of a gel than a cream (to me, cream cleansers don't foam and this one does, albeit slightly) and the price is cheap considering how much product you get (AUD $30 for 400ml). It has a faint scent but nothing too overpowering and gets off makeup, grime, oil etc in one go. You only need one pump or less to clean your whole face/neck with too. I wouldn't call this cleanser rich and for something aimed at dry to very dry sensitive skin (so labelled on the bottle) it is very cleansing. However it's not stripping and leaves my face feeling comfortable rather than taut like a lot of other cleansers. Non-irritating. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2006 10:17:00 PM More reviews by beautifulscorpio83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a nice cleanser it's very gentle and leaves my skin very soft i havn't noticed any breakouts with this considering i'm pretty acne-prone so it's a huge rave for me!!!! :) you must try this!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2006 10:01:00 AM More reviews by imkt

This was on sale - 400mls for $10. I had read the good reviews and decided it was the perfect time to give it a try. It is a wonderful cleanser. It has not caused my normal skin to become tight, nor has it left my skin feeling overly moisturized and unclean. Very gentle. It has made my skin very soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2006 12:57:00 PM More reviews by librarian_wannabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG Cleanser

I've been using this for a few weeks, and so far am liking it better than any other cleanser I can remember using.

I was using purpose, but my skin started rebelling and getting kind of oily and dry at the same time. My skin has calmed down a bit since using this. This cleanser leaves no film on my skin and never makes me dry.
It effectively removes cleansing oil too.

I bought this at CVS. It was a little expensive (16.50) but I will definitely repurchase, as the bottle lasts a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2006 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Sonatina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Avene Cold Cream Ultra Rich Cleansing Gel

This is actually not rich at all. I tried it in the winter and it dried my skin out badly. However, it makes a fabulous cleanser in the summer (I have soft water)! It's light, fragrance-free, and non-irritating; and it rinses very clean without stripping. It makes my face feel clean and fresh after.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Kybele

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading many raves on the skincare board by eurogirl and others. It seemed kinda expensive (I'm in the US) until the 250mL tube arrived--it's gi-normous! I forgot I'd ordered the 400mL size as well, which is much more conveniently packaged. This is truly a great cleanser to use after safflower/sunflower/macadamia nut oil when trying to remove makeup and/or high PPD sunscreen. Dry, acne-prone skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Rrrownforson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Overall I am not that impressed, it dried out my skin and I found the smell over whelming. I wouldn't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2006 8:24:00 PM More reviews by angmo

I dont use this to clean or remove makeup. I add a drop of this to my wet wash towel and then slather over my face and neck to refreshen myself several times a day to releave from the heat. I find this method is less harsh than using other cleanser. Skin feels smooth and soft. The fragrance is very pleasing too.