October 21, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Honey Lip Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2012 7:42:00 AM More reviews by JL06451

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff reeks and I didn't feel like it moisturized my lips at all. I am a lip balm addict and normally love Burt's Bees, so I figured I'd give this a try. I was sadly disappointed. My three year old daughter won't even use this stuff and she would eat fruity chapsticks if I'd let her!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

I have used the the original in the past. For some reason I had an allergic reaction to this one. Not sure why. Ended up throwing it away. What a waste:(.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:15:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I love this lip balm. I rotated this one so many times. I like smell too.However,it will not stay moist so long. you need to put on your lip every hour but still works pretty well.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupisgreat

i love burts and bees, however i usually use the original burts and bees lip balm, but i love how honey benefits the skin so as soon as i saw this product i thought i should try it out. As soon as i opened the packaging i smelt a really bad smell. its really strong. and i feel like the quality of this balm is not as smooth and moisturizing as the original. So i do perfer the original over this honey one. Although, it isnt the worst product out there !

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by xelodiexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this product because it's not really expensive , i know the smell it's not that good at the begining i could not use this chapstick but one day that was my last onw because i've lost all my other chapstick :( . I love this one for me its not sticky and i can support the smell i like to put it before bed it hydrate my lips all the night ! really like it i don't recommend this chapstick for the scent but i recommend it for the moisturize it give . I will buy this again for sure ! xx

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

The moisturization properties are wonderful. Too bad the smell isn't. This stuff stinks, and does not go away. Don't waste your money like I did.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/13/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by starlessartemis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this lip balm for a very long time, but almost done with it! Smells sweet and does it's job in moisturizing, but unfortunately it feels sticky and heavy like honey. I prefer something more light (i.e. Softlips).

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by NataliaRivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overwhelming smell, it makes me dizzy, i prefer the original beeswax from Burt's Bees.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/8/2012 1:02:00 AM More reviews by emmyanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Although the packaging is cute and I like the little honeycomb pattern on the chapstick tube, I cannot bring myself to use this lip balm. Not going to lie, I am totally a chapstick fiend and have used multiple types of chapsticks, a lot of which are Burt's Bees. I was super excited to start using this, but once I opened the package and took a whiff, my stomach turned over on itself. This product smells horrific! I couldn't use it after the first time because I have a habit of pulling my lips up to my nose to smell my chapstick (cute, right?) because I typically have super good smelling chapstick on. Guess what? Got grossed out every time. So... Not going to buy or use this product again. To be truthful, I'm going to try it out again but I just don't see myself being a fan. So, if you have a sensitive nose and don't like plasticky, fake smelling products, I highly advise you not to purchase this lip balm. Oh, and, not only did I not like the scent but whenever I wore it, people wrinkled their noses and asked what the gross smell was. Hey guess what guys? My lips. No big deal. Haha, anyhow, I recommend not buying this lip balm. If you aren't convinced, get it yourself! Happy stomach turning days to you if you do. ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by JordanGalore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first, the Burt's Bees honey lip balm made my lips feel smooth and nourished during the colder months, but after my lips were healed and at their best, the lip balm began to dry out my lips. I retried the lip balm again in the summer months and I still got the same effect. I figured some lip balms work best during a particular season, but this lip balm was a overall fail for actual performance. The smell however was sweet, but a little powdery. It was kind of over powering and not flattering for most. Even though the smell didnt deter me from the lip balm, I predict it will and has many others. The packaging is preferred (stick version), as it is more sanitary, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone.