September 1, 2014 | 1072 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Benetint

rated 3.6(2007 reviews)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by puchki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this product but in my opinion but expected more staying power. PROS: goes on well and looks pretty natural and amazing and works really well under a gloss. CONS: I did find the need to reapply several times over the day. I also ran out of the bottle really quickly(I had hoped it would last longer given the price).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by adaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. It looks really natural on me so I can wear it to school (where we aren't allowed to wear makeup) but still gives my cheeks some color. Out of all the Benefit tints I've tried (Posietint and Chacha tint) Benetint is the easiest to work with. It's more of a liquid compared to Posie and Chacha (I'd say they are closer to a gel product). You have to blend it quickly or else it will stain but again not as quickly as the other tints. I was hesitant to try this since I don't think red suits me that much but this looks really flattering and natural. It works great on my lips too. I prefer lip stains rather than lipsticks because I have very dry and constantly peeling lips. This product didn't irritate my lips at all. I would highly recommend it if you're looking for a high-end lip&cheek stain.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by DarthPenguin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The Benetint is supposed to give both a beautiful lip stain and lasting cheek stain. I personally loved this product but I rated it down because it doesn't do all it was supposed to especially considering the price. It gave me a beautiful flushed looked but it did nothing for my lips. I payed 30 dollars so I felt like I should have had both but since I only got one then I wish I could get back 15 dollars.

As a lip stain it didn't do much for me because it went away pretty quick. I tried applying when my lips were pretty dry and then later adding a lip balm but that did nothing to retain the color. Then I tried applying to my already moistened lips but that resulted in the same thing. NO LIP COLOR. I just resorted to my Maybelline BabyLips instead for a nice sheen. For a cheek stain though I thought it definitely gave such a beautiful glow. When I first applied I thought it was so harsh but after it settles the color definitely toned down to look natural and subtle. I don't wear foundation so I couldn't say whether you should apply it before or after but I do apply it to my cheeks before putting powder on my face because if I do end up putting to much on then i can put powder over it to tone it down.

Now the packaging was very cute and when you initially use it, it can be tricky. You have to apply it with a small brush similar to that for a nail polish and then blend it out with your fingers.Just be careful not to lit it sit on your cheeks for too long because then you will have a weird line on your face that is harder to blend out haha.

The price for this I thought was outrageous after use because it was really only worth 15 bucks--at least for me. I would happily pay 15 dollars for this but I do feel pretty ripped off paying 30 bucks for it. Nonetheless I probably will repurchase this after I am done with it just because I really loved the natural flush too much to let it go that easily. Lucky for me this product seems to last a good amount of time when you only use a little on your cheeks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have had the real Benetint but am currently using a much cheaper version that I got from Superdrug (for all my Uk friends - brand is 2True and it was about £3).

Anyway. I have had this for literally years and have never been able to use it properly - until now. I disagree with a previous reviewer, you simply cannot get a decent colour when you apply before foundation.

I apply foundation and then put a few stripes on one cheek. It's important to do one cheek at a time! I then use my Real Techniques stippling brush to blend, I've never been able to get it to look really nice when blending with fingers and then of course it stains as well (honestly, when I bought the stippling brush I didn't have the first clue how to use it, but it's been a godsend). Once blended, it has a beautiful natural flush which I love when I really don't want my cheeks to fight with other make up elements.

I powder over the top most of the time but it's not necessary really as it lasts really well without. It's also nice on the lips but it really does need a balm over the top.

Bottom line, I'm not going to buy the Benefit version again but I will get the cheaper one. It looks lovely on, really natural. I even like the packaging, the Benefit one I had was in a double ended lipgloss thing which wasn't good to apply using the doe foot. It applied too much and looked clownish.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Exxyea

Not worth it for the price. I got the Sugarlicious kit for my birthday which included the mini Benetint and Sugar Rush Flush face powder. They go really well together and I can use it daily as a nice everyday nude look. However, if it weren't for the Sugar Rush Flush, I don't think I could use the Benetint. I would apply it directly to my cheeks like the instructions say and blend it with my fingers, but for some reason, it wouldn't blend perfectly on both cheeks. Sometimes the colour would be too much or too light. Just wearing it by itself is risky because it'll look like one cheek is pinker than the other. Swiping some powder over it tones it down and makes it look nicer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by tamilves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got this one with Prinping With the Stars kit. I like it sooo much! I'm real pale with naturally red cheeks, so I only apply it on the outer side of my cheeks and it looks exactly like my natural color. I love putting this on my lips too! Gives a very natural color, as if I just exercised or something alike. It is a little drying on the lips, tho, so you need to pair it up with lip balm.
The only reason I wouldn't buy again is because I live in Brazil and it is a lot expensive here. Also, O Boticario, a brazilian make up brand, sells a dupe of Benetint for a lot cheaper!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Victoriajane89

I bought this more as a lip tint rather than for the cheeks, however i find this way to watery and it would get into the creases of your lip and give you dark red lines, it also really drys your lips so you need to constantly reapply a lip balm. The packaging is okay but as it is really watery you can end up making a mess. The only good thing is the bottle will last you a while but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:35:00 PM More reviews by QueenBee1217

I bought it 10 months ago and it's not even half empty! I love the rosy color but the reason I gave it 4 lippies is because I cannot use it on my cheeks. it leaves red patches and dries out easily even before I blend it. So I just use it as lip stain.. I even gave this to my cousin as gift and she loves it too!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:14:00 PM More reviews by lovelyvenice

Sooo, mixed reviews on this. In order to FULLY enjoy this you must put it on after your moisturizer and before foundation. It applie to untouched, unmoisturized skin it will look so blotchy and look like you have polka dots on your face even though you blend it out completely! To try to fix this polka dot problem I blotted the benetint on my finger and then using my finger I blended it on my cheeks. NOPE I STILL LOOKED LIKE A CLOWN. -____- Soooo, the way to use it is with moisturizer! If you do this, you look like you have a beautiful,natural glowing flush-sort of like if you just had an amazing workout.
Now, as a lip stain, the color is beautiful. I think it would look pretty on any skin tone! But, (why is there always a but) its extremely drying on the lips and the color doesn't last long. Totally not food proof or drink proof. So if you're looking to purchase this soley as a lip stain, look somewhere else. Revlon Just Bitten lip stains are awesome!
Packaging is alright, price is pretty darn high, but I mean on the bright side it will last you a really long time.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I loved this colour so much in the bottle I wished it would have worked out for me. I wanted that "flushed" cheek colour, like when it's cold outside and your cheeks look all rosy. This did nothing of the sort. This was just barely visible after 2-3 layers on my yellow/olive NC30 skin, and what I could see was sheer and blotchy. I tried tapping it into my cheeks like I was told to do buy the SA, but the colour seemed to stain my fingertips a lot more than my cheeks. I put make-up on in the morning around 7-8am and by 10am all I could see was random blotches of colour that made me look like I had a rash. On my lips I can't even tell I'm wearing anything, not one bit of colour, not even a slight hint.

In addition to the poor staining abilities - the bottle is in my opinion, a bad choice for packaging - it is awful for travel and very cheaply made. After owning the full-size bottle for about 3 weeks - I had it in my make-up bag and the bottle leaked the fluid out all over the place. Messing up all my other make-up. So that leads me to another qualm. . I hate the runny texture, it's like water. If I have to apply this in layers in the same area repeatedly, it makes me wonder, why bother? There are so many awesome cheek/lip products out there like Etude House Rosy Tint, TonyMoly Tony tint, TheSaem etc.. All of these stain like crazy, with beautiful noticeable yet natural looking colours (like you were eating pink/red flower petals or something. . very pretty and feminine) And they actually show up on my cheeks or lips the first try, and are so easy to blend. Last all day. For the high price of the Benetint it should be a good quality product. . . but my $4 lip tint blows this out of the water completely. I feel like Benefit has really gotten worse and more gimmicky over the years, they do have some good stuff, however many areas are sorely lacking in quality, colour choice and pigmentation.

I tried to make this work, I don't know for sure if it's my skin or just the product isn't right for me. I will take the spillage incident as a hint - will not repurchase.