December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

Brows - Kevyn Aucoin - The Precision Brow Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2006 3:45:00 AM More reviews by li1babe

Perfect color for blonds & those with black hair (like me).
Long-lasting.
Beautiful packaging.
Easy twist up.
Perfect sized brow comb (not too big or scratchy).
Soft but not smudgy.

HOLY GRAIL FINALLY!

Photogenic brows made easy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2006 12:06:00 PM More reviews by starriest

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

There is a brush at the end?! (laughing) I didn't realize this either.

Anyway, this pencil is perfection. I have tried many from drugstore to high-end. I always like Chanel the best. I tried many powder brow products also.

While the Chanel was nice, I never found I got a great enough brow look to bother. But the Aucoin pencil gives me that perfect, runway brow that makes the extra time it takes to do them worth every minute.

And unlike other pencils, this one really lasts the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2006 12:56:00 PM More reviews by agingfast

I have dark brown brows and pale skin. My brow line is therefore high contrast and it's always been a good one and a key feature of my looks - until recently when Father Time decided to erase the ends a bit. It is common for brow makeup to be too red or light, or to be too black or gray - when you're losing the tips but the rest of the brow is staying dense, finding a color match is very important. Well, this is only a tad too light such that I'm not sure anyone else but me (hey, I remember exactly what my brows USED to look like) could detect, and application is fuss free. The brush at the end is great, although I didn't even realize it was hiding there until I had this pencil for a while. The MA who showed me this had much lighter brows, and it looked fine on her also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After reading the reviews I had to try this, even tho I've been perfectly happy (for years) with my Lancome pencil in Taupe. I was a bit hesitant about the purchase because my brows are light & rather sparse here & there, & there's not enough time in the day to draw them in one super-fine line at a time. Anyway, Bigelow & Co (Boston) finally replenished their supply so I snagged one. I LOVE THIS PENCIL. You do not have to draw in individual "hairs" per se. You can use this just like you would any other brow pencil. I don't understand how one color can work for everyone, but clearly it does. It's absolutely perfect for me & the super-thin, twist-out pencil "lead" is an ideal consistency - not too hard & not too soft.
Lastly, the spoolie on the other end is very different from the ones on my Chanel & Lancome pencils. It's soft & nice, while the others are very stiff. So the soothing spoolie was an unexpected surprise. I am confident that I'll replace this when it's gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by PeeShee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't tell you enough about how amazing this eye brow pencil is. HG for me. I have the Too Faced brow pencil, Chanel, Shu, Smashbox, Benefit, Lorac colored wax, and the list goes on and on. And this is the BEST one by far. The perfect color and texture. The only thing I don't like is that the pencil has no cap on it. Other then that it's PERFECT and worth every single dime.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2006 10:36:00 AM More reviews by CCW39

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Second only to my beloved Shu Brow Pencil, This brow pencil is a winner. Natural, controllable color to subtley enhance the brow. You can get dramatic with this if you want. It's very nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2005 8:24:00 PM More reviews by ValleyGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lagged on buying the Stephane Marais brow pencil, balking at the price. Of course, now its too late, but the shop had these lovely pencils in! The color is perfect, the the perfect ashy brown - not warm or brassy at all. The application is great, it's long lasting, and at $21, not too too pricey. I figure it will last a good long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2005 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Maureen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hello, Holy Grail, hello.
Did I just write "Holy Grail"? Yes. Yes, I did.
I didn't write HG, either. This is the real deal as far as I am concerned. Behind my computer is a mirror, and I am fumbling on the keyboard, snatching glimpses at my reflection. My brows? Perfect. Damn perfect. The color? My own. You cannot detect the pencil's work. But it is there. Imperceptably, totally matching my color there.Dang you, Allure. I discovered this product before your lauding it. Must you always dog my steps like a little sister?

But holy cow. The product itself is a gray-brown, with enough stiff wax to make a fine nib that holds hairs in place as well as colors any spare spots in the brow. The packaging is just divine - the pencil retracts to the bottom with a click. There is no cap. Th end of it is a cover over a wonderfully stiff spoolie. It's a very tiny pencil, but boy does it do the job.

JUy67@@... sorry, I was staring at my face again. This is love. continued >>