August 30, 2014 | 1943 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Sonia Kashuk - Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ativan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this TM, I find it light yet moisturizing, with a good amount of coverage for me. On days when my skin is acting up (redness, blotchiness), this does not provide enough coverage, but I think that's true of all the TMs I've tried (and I've tried many). This and Bobbie Brown's are my favorite TMs, and this is a much cheaper option. I am fair (Extra LIght in BB and Nude in LM), and I use the lightest shade of this. In the summer, this is a bit too light, so I mix it with a drop of Dr. Hauschka's bronzing concentrate. Instant radiance! With my previous bottle, I had the problem of the pump getting gunked up and having the product splatter when it came out of the pump, but I'm now on my second bottle and I haven't had that problem. Maybe they improved the packaging???

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by NeptuneStar

I bought this after reading the reviews here, and I love it! It has a great creamy texture and covers minor flaws without looking like you have a "face" on. I don't love the pump, so I just unscrew the top :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2008 4:22:00 AM More reviews by Melodiee

This is the first foundation-type thing I've tried, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. I've been applying it with my fingers and rubbing it into my skin. It does seem to give my skin a nicer, more even tone and gets rid of dry patches and redness. The problem is that in direct sunlight it looks STREAKY and ORANGE on my skin.. .kind of scary, actually. I don't know if it's because I have the wrong color, or if I didn't apply it right.

I also don't like the packaging. I bought a brand new bottle, and the pump wouldn't work at all, so I've been having to untwist the cap and scoop some up from what's clinging to the pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 2:03:00 PM More reviews by homeschooldiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great on skin getting older..I layer tone 1 under my Aveda Aster dual purpose powder foundation, and tone 2 under my Aveda Linen dual purpose foundation. Gives me just enough shimmer when worn alone to make my skin glow and not look dull as an aging Arizonian. As you age you MUST wear spf everyday as sun damage shows up way, way sooner than in your twenties! Love that I can lock the bottle for travel. Always apply with makeup sponge and use over a sink as bottle can spray out the liquid a little too forcefully. Sonia was on Oprah and said her makeup is made in Italy right next to Department store high end makeup and I believe it!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by anabolina

I usually use the CG Tinted Moisturizer and really like it, but am always on the lookout for something 'else' and read all these reviews. I got this one in #1 and worried a bit since the other reviewers mentioned it had more coverage then most TMs and the color is too dark for my skin. Anyway, like a previous reviewer, the first thing I did was spray it all over the car (I have no self control and on leaving Target and hitting a light, I got it out and tried it on, but not before spraying it onto the sleeve of my sweater and the seat. So, keep something in front of it to catch it when pumping it. I am really impressed by both the coverage and how even it makes my skin and that it blends well with my skin tone despite being a bit darker then my skin. I put it on a few hours ago and my skin still looks all dewy and mostly even and is still pretty moisturized.

I will update if it breaks me out.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by J9lee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent liquid foundation (too thick to be considered a tinted moisturizer) for the price. The colors are limited didn't blend well into my Asian skin tone. It felt thick and cakey, probably because I am not a regular user of liquid foundations. It did stay on all day and by late afternoon, looked like a better match for my skin tone. It still looked and felt unnatural though. My search continues.... :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by benandjerrys

It cost me $12 at Target. No idea what color to get, but I chose sheer tint 1, and it worked. Reading the ingredient list, I was kind of worried at the chemicals, and dimethicone, and emulsifying wax, and a couple of oils. I have combination skin that can break out easily. I took the plunge...
First thing it did was squirt everywhere. On my hair and on the wall. So I took off the pump.
I smoothed it on. Nice, sheer coverage. Glowy. Evened skin tone and covered up some pores. By the end of the day, not so pretty, but nothing bad. I put some BE powder over it.
By the end of the day, I had three little pimples. BE has never made me break out. Also, I thought it was a moisturizer, but it enhanced the flaky dry skin I had on my cheeks.
I am undecided about this one. I may only use it on my nose, since I hardly ever breakout there, but thats where I need the most coverage. Still searching for a good foundation, especially a mineral one thats better than BE.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 3:59:00 PM More reviews by ms_jillian_leigh

Love this for my "good skin" days. It has surprisingly good coverage, evens out my skin tone nicely and isn't too greasy. If I'm broken out or have an event to attend, I'll go with regular foundation, but I love this for daytime, casual wear. So far, I haven't had trouble with the pump -- hopefully that won't crop up.

I find this looks best when applied with a sponge and patted on the face. Of course, you use more product this way, but I do find the result significantly better. Regardless, it's less than 1/2 the cost of other TMs, so I don't mind if I go through it a little faster.

A little concealer for under the eyes, some powder on top to set and I'm good to go! I never thought I'd be this happy with a TM!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2007 12:13:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

Wow, I'm completely in the minority here! I think is is just so-so, and definitely overpriced. First, I hate the pump on the bottle. While a pump is always the best choice to keep makeup clean, this particular pump loves to clog...Then, it shoots product all over the place the next morning. I guess I just expected some kind of amazing miracle product after reading the reviews. The lightest color is still too dark for my pale skin. Also, while I can appreciate that this really is a tinted moisturizer (not like many, which are really just foundations), it does nothing for my skin. I have to say, I have yet to be impressed by Sonia Kashuk products.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2007 4:54:00 PM More reviews by secreteuphony

While this is a fabulous TM, and would probably compare to the higher priced LM or BB ones, there just isn't enough coverage for me on a bad skin day. I tried building it up where I need it, but that ultimately looks cakey. Since I wanted 1 foundation to use for all my needs, this doesn't really do that. It's great if you just need to even things out though.

P.S. the pump is awful, squirts out too much at one time.