September 30, 2014 | 1359 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I don't understand this stuff...my friend gave it to me because she said it dried her skin out. Well for me that would be awesome right? NOT!!! It broke out my t zone and "burned" the rest of my face. Like my skin seriously peeled off and turned red and angry. My t zone was covered in zits and more oily than it had ever been. I wouldn't recommend for dry OR oily skin. I have no idea what she paid for it, but I'm sure it was way too much! It went in the trash.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tvall

OH myyyyy Clinique this product really does live up to the hype.

I use this as the first part of my skincare routine when removing my make up on an evening, I slap it all over my face, cleanse, and remove with a washcloth/flannel, easy peasy.

This product is:
Fragrance, alcohol, petroleum, mineral oil and ALL things NASTY FREE
Price isnt TOO high
Good size tub
GENTLE and hydrating
Does what it says on the tin (cleanses - very well for that matter)
Doesn't leave a residue

Its only been 3 weeks but I think I've found the one...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by n5357

Love this product. Brought on a whim as I wanted a balm cleanser and this was all I could fin (was overseas at the time). I massage in, remove with a face cloth and use another cleanser to double cleanse. This leaves skin clean, removes all make-up, is not greasy, did not cause any break outs and fragrance free means its super for sensitive skin. You only need a teeny amount of product and this tub lasted me for six months! Highly recommend and great price too!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been an underwhelming product for me. I was looking for a mu remover that was gentle to the skin and that I could pair with a gentle cleanser on days when I wore enough foundation that my regular cleanser needed some help. It absolutely does remove all of my makeup, and it doesn't cause breakouts, but the skin care properties are lackluster. Whenever I use this product, I always feel like there is the slightest residue leftover. In addition, I also feel a little more dryness in certain areas of my face. Bleh. It feels nice on the skin when I'm using it, but for the price tag, I would expect more. It was an upgrade from Ponds for me, so it's muuuch better than that mineral oil feeling. But for the price, I hoped for something that didn't dry my skin out at all and didn't leave a residue. I'll finish the container, and would buy it again in an absolute pinch, but I'll likely be trying something else out next time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by blondefornow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Big thumbs up for this product. I used to think I just had odd skin. Dry, but I broke out regulary none the less. Enter the great Caroline Hirons and her suggestion to double cleanse. I had already been using micellar waters to remove makeup followed by a cream cleanser and my Clariisonic Mia. Enter TTDO cleansing balm....whoa nelly!! This stuff is buttery and takes makeup off like no one's business...even waterproof mascara slips right off. I follow with my usual cream cleanser/Clarisonic routine and viola!!! No more breakouts!!! This stuff is fantastic and after the second tub a definite staple in my skincare routine. What good is slathering on the most fantabulous of serums and moisturizers if your face isn't first properly cleansed!? A winner on all counts!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I use this a couple times a week to remove makeup and clean my face in the evening and use a flannel/wash cloth to wipe/rinse everything away. I use a foaming face wash in the shower otherwise. The Clinique seems to take everything off without using a separate makeup remover, as the name implies. I haven't found it to be drying or irritating or break me out. But, I don't use it every day.

I like the idea of oil cleansers and have used DHC and Lumene. The Clinique rinses off easily like the DHC, but is not as drying. The solid format is interesting/different, but I'm not a fan of the tub and digging my fingers in there. I'm not sure how else they could package it, maybe a push up solid brick thingy like a solid deoderant? Maybe I should get myself a scoop. Anyway, it's got no colour or fragrance; it is a bit pricy for a cleanser, but it works well and is an interesting product. So, when I run out, I'll probably repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Princesseren

I worked for Clinique for a little while and I noticed that a common mistake people make is using this as a cleanser. Pore clogging and breakouts resulting from this product are often a sign that people used it as a cleanser. The correct way to use this is to remove makeup (mostly hard to remove makeup or water proof), after that you still need to cleanse, tone and moisturize.
I think this is a great product if you are using hard to remove products. It basically breaks down waterproof makeup allowing you get rid of residues.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by mommygirl5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I realize all products are YMMV. I tried this after reason all the rave reviews and and it caused major breakouts. If you are sensitive and acne prone like me...Save your money and just use a carrier oil instead if you want to do the double cleanse method. You will achieve the same results and not be exposed to potential pore clogging ingredients.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MrMontyBurns

I really wanted to love this, and in the beginning we had a lovely start to our relationship. I gladly shelled out the money for it, and in return, it gave me clean, soft, smooth skin.

But as they say, the honeymoon phase doesn't last forever. I have rosacea, and after the first few weeks of infatuation, things suddenly changed between us. I ended up with bumpy and red skin, along with the pain of having someone (ok, something) you thought was so right for you suddenly betray you with no explanation.

I just wasn't willing to give things another try after that. Some things, such as badly inflamed skin, just can't be forgiven.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by zed4zorro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't use this as an everyday cleanser. I only use it when I wear make up which is 3 or 4 times a week. It comes in a jar and I scoop a portion out with a spatula. Then I rub it straight onto my face with dry hands and the product
just melts into your skin and removes all make up. Then I take a flannel/face towel, wet it in hot water and use that to rub everything off. I don't think water alone is sufficient to remove all traces of the cleansing balm and that's why I prefer to use a face towel. It also gently exfoliates the skin and it leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. I then follow up with a gentle calming cleanser from dermalogica. This is what is referred to as "double cleanse". Anyway this jar of cleansing balm from Clinique is a lovely product which I use as a make up remover.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No