October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by keepitreal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has completely replaced all other oil cleansers and micellar waters for me in terms of makeup removal. I have oily, hypersensitive skin and this works wonderfully as a precleanse and makeup remover. It does not irritate my skin or eyes at all and I love the fact that it easily rinses off. I follow with my regular cleanser and experience no dryness or breakouts. I don't often use foundation, so when I just need to remove eye makeup I will use this and remove with a wet cotton pad so that my washcloths stay cleaner. I'm not sure that I would ever use it as a stand alone cleanser, however. Big win for me and you get a huge amount for the money.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by sherry628

I have to thank Caroline Hirons for this find. I watch Pixiwoo Youtube videos and they had interviewed her. I had my original routine down - splashing water on my face, use a foaming cleanser geared towards acne removal, use an exfoliater on my face a couple times a week and putting on some moisturizer. Now I cannot remember that last time I did that same exact routine!

I take a very little bit of this balm and massage it all over my face. Then I take my warm face towel and wipe it all off. It removes every trace of makeup, including my waterproof mascara. This cleanser is ever-so-gentle, yet so effective at removing all my makeup. Please don't ever discontinue this, Clinique!!

The cleansing balm doesn't require you to splash water on your face; therefore, no more dry blotchy skin for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by Itsheatherlol

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Removes all of my double wear, long lasting makeup with ease and then some! Massages into skin easily, not messy, doesn't cause break outs, lasts for ages, good price.

I will only try another cleanser if this is every discontinued. This is for keeps.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by trishz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is one of my favorite products in the world. It's the only product I run out to buy when it runs out. I use a little bit every night to take off my eye makeup and the rub the rest over my face, rinse off and wash my face with my cleanser. It's so great to take off eye makeup. No other makeup remover comes close to this for me! I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Phoenix761

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this and I LOVED this stuff. but, alas, it was too heavy for my super-size pores and it caused a lot of congestion.
This removes makeup completely and absolutely. Just dissolves it all. if my skin were dry, I would never stop using this. If you like Clinique and don't have problem pores, then this should be a staple.
It comes in a plastic tub...Clinique packaging. It is a white, solid vegetable-oil based, cold cream style cleanser. It's a transluecent white and fragrance-free. I like that it's not mineral-oil based.
Upon rubbbing and contact with the skin, it melts into the vegetable oil that it is. Amazing. Left my skin supersoft. Expensive, but worth every penny.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 7:15:00 AM More reviews by Shamar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love love lovee this product! I honestly don't know how it got any bad reviews.. It takes every ounce of makeup off my face. It doesn't strip my skin of all its natural oils so my skin doesn't feel dry after I dry it off. There isn't one bad thing I can say about this. Yeah it is a tiny bit pricey for a cleanser, but considering you only need a small amount for each wash this stuff lasts for ages! So you're definitely getting your moneys worth on this one! I haven't even finished my first tub, I use it every night and I've had it for over 6 months now i believe.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by xenobia1968

I don't understand this stuff...my friend gave it to me because she said it dried her skin out. Well for me that would be awesome right? NOT!!! It broke out my t zone and "burned" the rest of my face. Like my skin seriously peeled off and turned red and angry. My t zone was covered in zits and more oily than it had ever been. I wouldn't recommend for dry OR oily skin. I have no idea what she paid for it, but I'm sure it was way too much! It went in the trash.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 12:12:00 AM More reviews by tvall

OH myyyyy Clinique this product really does live up to the hype.

I use this as the first part of my skincare routine when removing my make up on an evening, I slap it all over my face, cleanse, and remove with a washcloth/flannel, easy peasy.

This product is:
Fragrance, alcohol, petroleum, mineral oil and ALL things NASTY FREE
Price isnt TOO high
Good size tub
GENTLE and hydrating
Does what it says on the tin (cleanses - very well for that matter)
Doesn't leave a residue

Its only been 3 weeks but I think I've found the one...

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by n5357

Love this product. Brought on a whim as I wanted a balm cleanser and this was all I could fin (was overseas at the time). I massage in, remove with a face cloth and use another cleanser to double cleanse. This leaves skin clean, removes all make-up, is not greasy, did not cause any break outs and fragrance free means its super for sensitive skin. You only need a teeny amount of product and this tub lasted me for six months! Highly recommend and great price too!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been an underwhelming product for me. I was looking for a mu remover that was gentle to the skin and that I could pair with a gentle cleanser on days when I wore enough foundation that my regular cleanser needed some help. It absolutely does remove all of my makeup, and it doesn't cause breakouts, but the skin care properties are lackluster. Whenever I use this product, I always feel like there is the slightest residue leftover. In addition, I also feel a little more dryness in certain areas of my face. Bleh. It feels nice on the skin when I'm using it, but for the price tag, I would expect more. It was an upgrade from Ponds for me, so it's muuuch better than that mineral oil feeling. But for the price, I hoped for something that didn't dry my skin out at all and didn't leave a residue. I'll finish the container, and would buy it again in an absolute pinch, but I'll likely be trying something else out next time.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No