July 23, 2014 | 1322 users online

Sunscreen - Skinceuticals - Daily Sun Defense

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by Jazzie

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very nice SPF20 for everyday use. I would suggest something a little stronger for extended outdoor activities. It comes in a silver aluminum type tube which I don't care for because it warps & doesn't stand up well once the product gets used.

It goes on smooth & invisible without any white cast. Makes a nice slip for make-up & didn't break me out. Would re-purchase again...DH is now using it daily.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2003 12:18:00 PM More reviews by AnnaMaria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is a great sunscreen. Skinceuticals Daily Sun Defense and DDF Organic (my holy grail) are my two favorite sunscreens. This wears great under makeup and has never broken me out. I definitely will purchase again when I run out of this tube. 6-11-05 UPDATE: I've lowered my rating from 5 lipsticks to 4 because the protection isn't as good as some sunscreens. I like that it contains a stable physical block and it wears beautifully. So I'd still repurchase it. 3-6-06 update: Because I have access to many of the new formulations that provide better coverage (and I've found a couple that don't make me look like a greasy oil slick), I haven't repurchased this lately. But it does wear beautifully under makeup and it is stable, so it still gets 4 lipsticks. I think Skinceuticals is a very good line that includes a lot of excellent products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2003 9:23:00 PM More reviews by homericpoem

This is the BEST sunblock on the market!!! Works great and no nasty sunscreen smell. Love it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2003 4:14:00 AM More reviews by HonGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My derm recommended this sunscreen. I use the SPF 30 formula (I live in Hawaii). It's the best sunscreen i've used (oily, acne-prone skin). It's not greasy and my make-up goes on great! I've been using this almost everyday for the past two years. I've tried others, but I give them away and keep coming back to this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2003 4:16:00 PM More reviews by aborger

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This a great very protective sunscreen. It has transparent zinc which really keeps out the rays. Great for the pool or beach and lasts all day even for my pale skin in Miami. I would not recommend for everyday as it is a bit thick for under make-up.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2003 2:27:00 AM More reviews by nina

After trying numerous amount of sunscreen such as neutrogena, ombrelle, guerlain and sage etc...i've finally found one that truly makes me very happy and the best of all, it doesn't break me out or irritate my sensitive skin. I'll definitely repurchase it over and over again. Highly recommend it!
Update- I've stopped using this sunscreen because it started to dry out my sensitive skin but i would still recommend it to people who doesn't have sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2003 1:01:00 PM More reviews by diva959

i've been using this for a month now and i love it. gives skin a nice glow, foundation applies well over it and best of all it doesn't feel heavy like most sunscreens do. most sunscreens have a certain smell but this one doesn't at all. will use again for sure and i definitely recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2003 12:15:00 PM More reviews by krissie08

I have combination skin and this is the best sunscreen I've found so far (I've tried ones from ddf, lancome, liz arden, clinique, l'oreal, neutrogena, etc.). The white cream has a smooth texture and goes on semi-matte. Compared to other sunscreens, this is not greasy at all. Even with other oil-free spf my skin feels greasy and dirty by the end of the day, but not with this product. Although it doesn't mattify, it does stay put on the skin and doesn't promote oiliness. Another plus is that it comes in a pretty big tube (~3ounces compared to 1.5ounces of most high-end brands).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 4:31:00 PM More reviews by woodstock

I've tried both version, SPF 20 and SPF 30. The SPF 20 one has great texture, it has a semi-matte finish and it is good to go under makeup. However, it stung my skin and make it warm/pink.
The SPF 30 didn't sting my skin but its texture is very different from SPF 20. It is so sticky that I felt dirts get cling onto my skin easily. I feel dirty when wearing this. The ingredients for both sunblock are good as it contains transparent coated micronized zinc oxide. I really hope the SPF 30 can has the texture as SPF 20 but life isn't perfect. Not gonna repurchase for both.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2002 9:17:00 PM More reviews by jenno

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Works better than anything else. Can use it around your eyes no problem - comes in spf30 which is great if you are trying to lighten old scar or melasma. I will never use anything else - truely unique.