Clinique Blushing Blush Powder Blush - Smoldering Plum

4.3

Talc, dimethicone, silica, zinc stearate, nylon-12, lauryl laurate, tetrasodium edta, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxychloride, yellow 5 lake, carmine, red 7 lake, ferric ferrocyanide, blue 1 lake, red 22 lake, red 36 lake, manganese violet, red 30 lake, red 33 lake, red 28 lake, red 34 lake, ultramarines, yellow 6 lake, red 6 lake.

on 7/23/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great blush! I normally wouldn't buy this colour because it's plum, but at a Clinique makeover the SA used it on me and it looked great! Good staying power, looks elegant and classy. I don't wear it too often because I often prefer to wear brownish shades, but it's great anyway. :)
UPDATE: I'm starting to like this even more! The colour is soo pretty I'm using it even more and more, upping my rating from a 4 to a 5. :)

on 5/2/2007 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought this blush right after I dyed my hair a mahogany color. I am naturally a blond with fair coloring. It looked so striking on me and looked fabulous! I'm back to blond but the other day I put it on by accident (I usually wear Clinique Iced Lotus) and it still rocked!

on 2/12/2007 3:57:00 PM

This is my first plum-tones-related blush.I usually wear something more cheerful and light(like NARS Deep Throat)since this is what seems to work best for my pale skin with slightly yellow undertones.The staying power of this blush is impressive-the colour is there from 9 to 5 and later into the night:)The sparkles are very subtle but still manage to accentuate the pores on my cheeks-that's the only reason I give this product a 4,not a 5.The colour is buildable.And what surprised me the most is the little brush that comes in the case with the blush!It's fantastic-angled and the bristles are soft.

on 2/9/2007 11:06:00 AM

This is my go-to blush in the Plum family. I love the Blushing Blushes from Clinique, and now own almost every shade. Smoldering Plum and Precious Posy are the 2 I reach for the most--handling 90% of my warm and cool look needs. Smoldering Plum is not an overly purple plum--it has a fair amount of pink in it, which is good because it doesn't tip the balance too far to the cool side for my neutral coloring. To die for soft, blendable, pigmented color with just the right amount of shimmer to keep it from looking flat but not so much that it turns your face shiny. Packaging is solid and smart--I love the clear plastic bottom so I can identify the shade from others in my stash without having to read labels (like Nars). Even the brush in this is awesome--I actually prefer it to my regular Mac blush brush--how often do you find that?? These are some of the best blushes around in my opinion and every shade I've tried has been a winner. I'll buy this one again when I use mine up.

on 12/27/2006 2:54:00 PM

What a great blush! I love the new blushing blushes. They are soft and silky. I even use the brush it comes w/ for touch ups. This is a very nice soft medium plum shade w/ just a hint of brown. There is very minimal shimmer. It looks great especially for night time. This blush can go on sheer or you can build up the intensity for a more dramatic look. A+.

on 12/19/2006 10:44:00 PM

I really like this blush! I have been wearing it for probably close to 8 months now pretty much everyday. It has worked well in the transition from summer to fall. I really like the color and it does have nice staying power on my fairly oily skin.

on 5/2/2006 6:49:00 PM

Well I love these blushes. I love the colors and I love the new blush brush. I think these are by far better than the other blushes especially the Sheer Pressed Powder ones. They seem to last longer and look better on.

on 3/26/2006 11:48:00 AM

I discovered this wonderful blush in a PWP palette a few months ago. I wore it yesterday with Beach plum e/s duo and Chanel Crinoline and it looked great! This blush seems to go with almost anything and lasts all day - Over 13 hours :)

on 3/17/2006 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this blush. It's cool toned but has very slight gold flecks that make it work with my golden skintone. It lasts a long time and doesn't streak. I don't usually even wear blush but I was wearing this one day in a picture and saw that it really made a difference. Great blush!

on 3/16/2006 6:39:00 PM

I am a slightly warm borderline PPP/LLL and this is lovely on me. Very pigmented, lasts all day long without touch-ups. I have Iced Lotus as well and it is similarly nice in quality but not quite as flattering as this. Very nice product. Well done, Clinique!