October 1, 2014 | 1156 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by salhon

I love, love, love this! Definitely my HG. Recently I have been on a foundation hunt, trying everything from YSL, to Givenchy, to Guerlain, to Lancombe and even Estee Lauder. They were all liquid foundations that had very high reviews; however, I did not like any of them. I finally gave up on the liquids and tried the powders. I have fallen in love with this foundation! It is so soft and sheer and lightweight! I can't feel it at all, and it seems to be helping with my very oily skin. Thank you Chanel for making a wonderful foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:32:00 AM More reviews by worldtraveler05

I just went out and bought my second one of these.

I bought my first one at the end of last July (2009) and am JUST now needing another one. I used it most everyday and I never need to use very much to get the look I want. I think it feels very nice and doesn't feel like you have a heavy makeup on your face.

It is expensive at $50, but for me it lasted over a year (and my bronzer barely looks used at all after over a year) and I feel it is definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 9:51:00 PM More reviews by grovechaos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the packaging, and I love this powder.

Wears nicely, and if you tend to become an oilslick, this tends to go from matte (when first applied) to dewy (when you are oily/sweaty). The finish is beautiful no matter what.

Coverage is great, and the color match is okay. I wear it in shade 1.0, but I might have to go down to .5

Reapplication is not cakey, and it just feels so smooth on the skin. You might not need to reapply this though... it lasted me through sweating through festivals and when I go out without looking like a mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2010 5:29:00 AM More reviews by melodyylai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. LOVE IT.
i swear to god it saves lives.
BUT.
The colors are seriously pink toned.
Since most people are yellow toned, this foundation doesn't work for most people.
But it's really nice.
I just wish that they had more colors and colors that I could use that match my skintone and undertone color.
But other than that, for all you pink toned people out there--
it's AMAZING !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by huinee

I went to get a color match at Nordstrom's Chanel counter after reading raves about this foundation. I was matched with 3.0 intensity the first time, which looked great in store lighting but made me look like I had major sunburn in natural light. I went back and got matched with 2.0 intensity, which still made me look sunburned. I'm heartbroken that this didn't work out for me because I really loved the texture and the look of this foundation.

The foundation feels great on application, it was very smooth and light despite its medium-heavy coverage. It didn't look cakey or powdery. Overall it just felt really luxurious. The compact case looks great and doesn't take up space as it is very slim.

If your face color leans toward pink/peach, I definitely recommend this foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by PositivelyRadiant

This is the best powder for someone who wants heavy powder coverage. It's a versatile powder that I can wear by itself and apply with a brush or a sponge (for heavier coverage). If I feel like I want a more airbrushed and mattified look, I can apply it over liquid foundation. There is so much you can do with this powder foundation! I have it in every shade from 1.0 to 5.0, but they've changed from numbers to actual colors, so I'm not exactly sure what color I am at this point.

A word of caution, though, to anyone who wants to avoid the caked-on makeup look and is looking for a more natural powder. This is powder foundation and a little product goes a long way. I only wish this product wasn't so expensive! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by emilymckinney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this powder for years, both as a touch-up compact when I'm a little more "dressed up" and as a foundation for everyday, and am absolutely in love! It provides fantastic coverage, even alone, without looking made-up, and lasts all day. And it doesn't dry out my already very dry skin - it doesn't even leave me oily! I rarely need to touch-up during the day, so the all-day staying power is fabulous, especially given my hectic schedule. The $50 price-tag is a little daunting, but it's totally worth it - especially since I only have to buy it every three or four months! I've been a loyal Chanel customer for years and don't plan to go anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by singer4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have an oily T zone and dry cheeks, but this still works perfectly! It always covers up my inconsistent coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sanfranc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder foundation ever! I have tried almost every brand from drugstores to La Prairie and I always come back to this. I wear the shade tendre bisque and it blends with my skin perfectly. The coverage is great and it doesn't look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tested this product at my local Macy's counter. I have been on the hunt for the perfect liquid foundation and had tried just about every brand and had been disappointed. I have tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Clinique, Revlon, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Smashbox, MUFE, etc. So I decided I would try Chanel. I knew it would be pricey, but I didn't care. If it would be my HG, it would be worth it.

The SA was very nice and took time to find out what I wanted. I really wanted a liquid and she informed me that she had just gotten a list of disc products and every liquid in shades for WOC were on the chopping block. I was disappointed, but she was willing to color test me anyway, but I didn't want to fall in love with something that would not be availiable the next time I needed it. So, she asked if I was interested in powder foundation, and she found a color that matched: Sepia 8.5 which was the darkest foundation they had and I am by no way a DDD more of a dark GGG NC45/NW43. I wasn't surprised b/c it was Chanel and most HE brands forget that GGGs and DDDs have money too, and are willing to invest in good quality m/u. Anyway, it was a perfect match. It made my skin look amazing and I really liked, but I was totally turned off by Chanel due to the fact that all the liquid foundation for WOC is being disc. So if I can let go of my moral high ground, I would definitely repurchase.

Overall:
Pros: Light to medium buildable coverage; good color match; made skin look better; didn't look like make up

Cons: Price may be high for some; does not control oil; oxidizes slightly