April 17, 2014 | 1701 users online

Powder - Chanel - Double Perfection Compact

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2010 11:49:00 PM More reviews by emilymckinney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this powder for years, both as a touch-up compact when I'm a little more "dressed up" and as a foundation for everyday, and am absolutely in love! It provides fantastic coverage, even alone, without looking made-up, and lasts all day. And it doesn't dry out my already very dry skin - it doesn't even leave me oily! I rarely need to touch-up during the day, so the all-day staying power is fabulous, especially given my hectic schedule. The $50 price-tag is a little daunting, but it's totally worth it - especially since I only have to buy it every three or four months! I've been a loyal Chanel customer for years and don't plan to go anywhere!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by singer4life

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation is absolutely amazing! I have an oily T zone and dry cheeks, but this still works perfectly! It always covers up my inconsistent coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sanfranc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best powder foundation ever! I have tried almost every brand from drugstores to La Prairie and I always come back to this. I wear the shade tendre bisque and it blends with my skin perfectly. The coverage is great and it doesn't look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I tested this product at my local Macy's counter. I have been on the hunt for the perfect liquid foundation and had tried just about every brand and had been disappointed. I have tried MAC, Bobbi Brown, NARS, Clinique, Revlon, Maybelline, Cover Girl, Smashbox, MUFE, etc. So I decided I would try Chanel. I knew it would be pricey, but I didn't care. If it would be my HG, it would be worth it.

The SA was very nice and took time to find out what I wanted. I really wanted a liquid and she informed me that she had just gotten a list of disc products and every liquid in shades for WOC were on the chopping block. I was disappointed, but she was willing to color test me anyway, but I didn't want to fall in love with something that would not be availiable the next time I needed it. So, she asked if I was interested in powder foundation, and she found a color that matched: Sepia 8.5 which was the darkest foundation they had and I am by no way a DDD more of a dark GGG NC45/NW43. I wasn't surprised b/c it was Chanel and most HE brands forget that GGGs and DDDs have money too, and are willing to invest in good quality m/u. Anyway, it was a perfect match. It made my skin look amazing and I really liked, but I was totally turned off by Chanel due to the fact that all the liquid foundation for WOC is being disc. So if I can let go of my moral high ground, I would definitely repurchase.

Overall:
Pros: Light to medium buildable coverage; good color match; made skin look better; didn't look like make up

Cons: Price may be high for some; does not control oil; oxidizes slightly

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tylerhz

This is my hg powder foundation. Nice oil-free product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2010 6:00:00 AM More reviews by kikibaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation looks flawless compared to other brands I have tried. The coverage is excellent. Sometimes you don't need to wear anything underneath. On nights when I want full coverage I use my colorstay liquid foundation underneath this powder and it works wonders in covering acne scars and dull/uneven skin. The price is costly though but the only equivalent product I've bought with the same coverage and finest of the powder would be the Dior one. but the Dior oxidizes a fair bit. Chanel Powder in sable is the perfect match for me.. when putting it on, it will seem too light but after a few minutes it becomes your natural color more and hard to detect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 10:37:00 AM More reviews by pinkpaige

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the best powder I've ever used. It's very finely milled, goes on like a dream, matches my skin tone & the coverage is excellent. The finish is absolutely beautiful, looks best (like others said) after it has a few minutes to set. It's not the most oil controlling powder, but that's not it's purpose for me. With a good foundation underneath, my freckles, acne marks & dark circles are completely covered without having to use additional concealer. I apply with a brush for a less heavy look. Also, I do not like the powder applied wet. I find it looks pasty/chalky. This replaced maybelline powderstay, which is a nice drug store product, but it has poor color selection & oxides terribly. I'm on my like 15th compact of DP & recently tried the Nars powder foundation (not good) & was reminded why this is my HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Kathryn89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that's acne prone. This foundation did not break me out , but it did dry out my skin a little, so I only use this during summer. Tender bisque is a perfect match to my skin tone. The finely milled powder gives a pretty good coverage without being caky. It does require touch up during the day, but then, most powder foundations do. Overall, I like this a lot and would definitely buy again.
Update: Chanel changed their formula on this. Now it just sits on top of the skin and looks way too powdery. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2010 5:54:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very impressed with this. Didn't oxidize, didn't break me out, no offensive scent. Pricey, but will but again because I like!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Justicet2009

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this timeless compact. The powder is soft as velvet. Covers nicely. Gives a great finish.