September 23, 2014 | 1922 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I do,like this, but I still prefer using rose hip oil, it just sinks in better with. Y skin and I get better results. Use this under my eye cream on my circles. Apparently it's meant to help with discoloration. Hope it does!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this last year, desperately finding the right oil for my face and reversing the dammage tea tree did to me. It was PURE steaming pile of cow doo. After using it my skin felt very itchy and the next morning, bam worst skin in my entire life. It took me a year to cure the acne (thank god for Lacura skincare). Even to this day I still have many extremely dark blemishes that I am desperately trying to hide. Every morning it takes me approximately 1 hour to 1 and a half to fully cover the blemishes with concealer and foundation. A waste of money because I never wear makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I bought this for use on my face from Spectrum Organics and found it to be really thick. It didn't absorb well or help my blemishes at all. It may not have been the best quality and cold-pressed despite being expensive and organic. I used the rest after trying it on my face for a few weeks as a base for a mix of oils for a hair soak with good results.

I found an organic lebanese cold-pressed olive oil at a local halal store and bought cold-pressed argan oil online. They absorb like serums and moisturize beautifully without leaving a thick oily residue. My skin has been much better, with fewer blemishes and less noticeable lines since starting to use these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - Normal skin, somewhat drier in the winter with occasional dry flaky spots.
* REVIEW - I actually discovered sweet almond oil quite by accident. I saw it in the baby care aisle of the local pharmacy and wondered to myself, why would it be stocked there? Well, sweet almond oil (SAO) is a popular choice for massaging and moisturizing babiesí skin. Well, I figured that if SAO is gentle enough for babies, itís good enough for my skin. SAO has high fatty content and contains vitamins B1, B6, B2, A and E. And unlike rosehip oil, it is virtually colorless and odorless. Having used SAO fairly regularly for the past few months, Iíve discovered that my skin agrees with it and that Iíve benefited greatly from using SAO. The benefits of using SAO include the following:
+ A drop or two massaged into the hair and scalp after washing helps prevent hair breakage. It does not leave my hair greasy at all.
+ A drop or two massaged into my hands, nails and cuticles works as an effective moisturizer and skin softener. It is light and non-greasy.
+ Lightly massaged into the body after washing for that extra moisture. It absorbs into the skin with medium-fast speed and is a non-greasy moisturizer.
+ I like to mix SAO with a little bit of honey and sugar for a weekly facial mask / gentle exfoliant to give my face that brighter and more radiant shine.
* TIPS:
+ If you are allergic to nuts, you should definitely avoid SAO.
+ To avoid bacterial infection or contamination, SAO is best stored in the refrigerator and used within 6 months of opening. In other words, do not leave in the shower or else it may go rancid.
* VERDICT - SAO is a clear winner for me. It is a simple, super affordable, easy to use all-natural beauty product that really does it all and goes the distance at the same time. I will repurchase for the rest of my life. Highly recommended!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this about 12 years ago to replace a hair product that had been discontinued. Sweet almond oil was the first ingredient listed in my beloved hair thickening product and I figured I had nothing to lose. This is my favorite hair product that I keep on going back to for my fine hair. I've used CHI Silk Infusion on and off but the CHI doesn't give the "thick" texture like the CHI. I put in on my wet hair before blow drying but it works on dry hair too. You only need a few drops: rub it on your hands and run them through your hair. The only "bad" thing about this is that I sometimes forget that very little is needed and my hair ends up looking greasy. This is especially good during Minnesota winters when turning up the heat drys everything out. I have also used this to remove makeup (works awesome on waterproof eye makeup!) as a eye "cream" and lip balm at night. I prefer Aquaphor for daytime lip balm. Give it a try. At worst if you don't like it you can use it as bath oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great moisturizer for the body. It absorbs right in does not feel oily or greasy and lasts. I have tried a bit of it for hair, have not used it as a treatment in my hair, just as a serum. Have not used it on my face either so cannot attest to that. I like this better than olive oil for the body, less messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nuthin to say about this except break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought one bottle after reading all the review here on MUA regarding different types of oil. I have wanted to incorporate oil into my skin care routine for sometime now but cannot be sure which one to choose. I have oily/combination acne-prone skin so I was afraid the oil would clog my pores and break me out.

After evaluating all the different options, I devided to try SAO because I have concerns regarding my undereye dark circles as well as acne scars on my face. I have not used it for long so I can only do an initial review and will update later accordingly.

I use it just around my eyes and on my lips. Sometimes I rub a few drops on my dry/damaged hair when it is still damp. I have not seen significant results under my eyes but then I suppose my dark circles are not very bad at the first place. I expect the result to showup slowly so i am not worried about it. However, I have noticed instant result for my rather pigmented lips. It hydrates my lips really well, especially after i seal it off with some Vesaline. And I noticed the next morning, my lips appear pinker than before.

Fortunately enough, the oil has not broke me out so far but I am very cautious when using it. I just started patting it on my acne scars really lightly and have not encountered any problem yet.

I also use a clean mascara applicator to apply it on my lashes. They appear to be a tiny bit longer and stronger. I will keep up and see.

I have not noticed any significant improvement for my hair but then it is very dry and damaged. I have switched to more nurishing conditioners so it is hard to say which product actually helps. I also use very little amount as i am afraid it will weight my hair down.

So far, for its price, the results are good,. I understand that it will take time for all the results to show. A bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love sweet almond oil for using in my hair. After conditioning, I use 4 to 5 drops on wet hair, then air dry. Keeps my hair moisturised and soft. I don't use on my face. Great carrier oil for essential oils for use on the body. Easily absorbed and leaves skin feeling pampered and soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This oil is amazing! I read online it could be used to help fade darkness on the lips and around the eyes. I have spent hundreds of dollars on eye products over the years and this is the first thing that has significantly lightened the area around my eyes and for only 5 dollars!. I have hereditary darker eyelids and under eye skin. My lips are also pigmented as well. I've been using this less than a month and my lips have lightened significantly and my eyes are almost the same color as the rest of my face. I didn't even get these results using 4% hydroquinone. I can now go without concealer. This also helps moisturize the eye area and its ok all over the face (at night). I will use this forever. I got this in the NOW brand from Whole Foods for 4.99 for I believe a 4 oz bottle.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No