July 23, 2014 | 1115 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great moisturizer for the body. It absorbs right in does not feel oily or greasy and lasts. I have tried a bit of it for hair, have not used it as a treatment in my hair, just as a serum. Have not used it on my face either so cannot attest to that. I like this better than olive oil for the body, less messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nuthin to say about this except break out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought one bottle after reading all the review here on MUA regarding different types of oil. I have wanted to incorporate oil into my skin care routine for sometime now but cannot be sure which one to choose. I have oily/combination acne-prone skin so I was afraid the oil would clog my pores and break me out.

After evaluating all the different options, I devided to try SAO because I have concerns regarding my undereye dark circles as well as acne scars on my face. I have not used it for long so I can only do an initial review and will update later accordingly.

I use it just around my eyes and on my lips. Sometimes I rub a few drops on my dry/damaged hair when it is still damp. I have not seen significant results under my eyes but then I suppose my dark circles are not very bad at the first place. I expect the result to showup slowly so i am not worried about it. However, I have noticed instant result for my rather pigmented lips. It hydrates my lips really well, especially after i seal it off with some Vesaline. And I noticed the next morning, my lips appear pinker than before.

Fortunately enough, the oil has not broke me out so far but I am very cautious when using it. I just started patting it on my acne scars really lightly and have not encountered any problem yet.

I also use a clean mascara applicator to apply it on my lashes. They appear to be a tiny bit longer and stronger. I will keep up and see.

I have not noticed any significant improvement for my hair but then it is very dry and damaged. I have switched to more nurishing conditioners so it is hard to say which product actually helps. I also use very little amount as i am afraid it will weight my hair down.

So far, for its price, the results are good,. I understand that it will take time for all the results to show. A bottle will last me a long time since a little goes a long way.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by dennymc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love sweet almond oil for using in my hair. After conditioning, I use 4 to 5 drops on wet hair, then air dry. Keeps my hair moisturised and soft. I don't use on my face. Great carrier oil for essential oils for use on the body. Easily absorbed and leaves skin feeling pampered and soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This oil is amazing! I read online it could be used to help fade darkness on the lips and around the eyes. I have spent hundreds of dollars on eye products over the years and this is the first thing that has significantly lightened the area around my eyes and for only 5 dollars!. I have hereditary darker eyelids and under eye skin. My lips are also pigmented as well. I've been using this less than a month and my lips have lightened significantly and my eyes are almost the same color as the rest of my face. I didn't even get these results using 4% hydroquinone. I can now go without concealer. This also helps moisturize the eye area and its ok all over the face (at night). I will use this forever. I got this in the NOW brand from Whole Foods for 4.99 for I believe a 4 oz bottle.

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by lusciouspreciousluv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have the NOW brand of this and it is such a great all around moisturizer for the skin. It's particularly great for hands and cuticles. I've also used it on my face with zero break outs and my sun scorched sister uses it to help with her skin as well with great results. This, Jojoba and Rose Hip oil are my absolute favorites.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by kingspanky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

HG moisturizer for skin that is aging but still acne-prone, or sensitive and acne-prone, or aging and sensitive. Basically any skin type at all, I bet.

I am 37 and have seen a drastic improvement in my skin since using this. I've not had a single breakout of any import, the redness in my face has gone away, my skin is softer, and I think it's even helped reduce my undereye circles (bags and dark, both).

I've always used it at night only, because it is an oil, after all; I slather it over my face, neck, and decolletage. I rub any excess into my cuticles (and it helps there a ton, too). Part of the reason that I say "slather" is that both of the brands I have bought have had horrible dispensers; the oil is very thin, and it is packaged in a flip cap/squeeze type bottle. I'd probably be smart to buy a dropper bottle, but well... It's great too right after exfoliating or on top of renova/a chemical peel.

I've recently found another use for it during the day: I've mixed it with my homemade vitamin c serum and dab it on my skin. I lightly blot it, and then apply bb cream over it (which is also incredible). A little more bb in the eye area, mascara, tarte blush, and then loose powder on top, and skindinavia setting spray--voila. Sounds like a lot but takes five minutes max. Mega greatness. I would say this daytime use might not fly for really oily twenty year olds.

But I just wish that I had found it in my twenties, even just at night; I think that, even though it is an oil, it actually seems to help with the acne, and definitely improves skin tone and texture.

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2011 1:08:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought NOW brand while in a natural health store. I was looking for a new moisturizer because nothing was working for me, so I decided to try something natural instead of packed with chemicals. I've been using it religiously for a month now my skin has a youthful healthy glow, flakes are going away, my acne is almost completely gone, and my nails are very strong. I like to use it from head to toe when I step out the shower. It absorbs well with my skin. I haven't tried using it on my hair yet, but I plan to. Great price compared to expensive moisturizers that don't work well. 100% pure almond oil, expeller-pressed, and hexane-free. I wish I discovered the power of this oil a long time ago!!!

Smells delicious, but I feel like it attracts bugs. Although, it could just be in my head.

******** UPDATE: 1/16/2012
After using this oil twice a day everyday, the condition of my face became red and inflamed, dry and flaky, and itchy. It is not enough to combat the harsh winter, unfortunately. I have switched to avocado oil and love it so much better. I guess I'll use the rest of my 16 oz bottle of almond oil for body massages.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2011 10:07:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I love this! I've been making the switch to more natural and organic products (in my health and beauty routine as well as my diet!) and my naturopath recommended using sweet almond oil as a body moisturizer. It's awesome! At first I thought it would be really greasy, but it's really not. It absorbs quickly, and you only need a little dab here and there. I bought a 4 oz. bottle for $4.99 cdn and it's probably going to last me a long time! It just feels like a really rich and creamy body moisturizer. I'm hooked. I don't use it on my face and probably won't because I'm scared of clogged pores, etc. but as a body moisturizer I totally love it. I love that it's 100% natural and organic and am sticking with this from now on.
UPDATE: When I became pregnant, my skin was super dry and this just wasn't cutting it as a moisturizer. My skin was so itchy. I switched to coconut oil as a body moisturizer but now that winter is here, I find that's also not moisturizing enough. My search continues!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I'm really disappointed in this product. I've been trying to use more natural products on my skin (especially face), but this one just didn't work for me. My skin has been clear for months until I used this product and then I started getting whiteheads! It did feel good on my skin and it soaked in well, but it made my makeup slide off a lot quicker than it normally would. Looks like I'll be going back to my Alba Jasmine & Vitamin E Moisturizer!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No