November 28, 2014 | 1460 users online

Moisturizers - Sweet Almond Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 10:05:00 AM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Took me 4 months to love this stuff! I have oily/sensitive skin, and allergic to all commercial moisturizers. I first found Jojoba to be to clogging, so then tried Almond. I was glad to see it helped reduce oily-ness, but probably too much so. I felt like this stuff was not even penetrating my skin. Putting on more only broke me out, but I continuously had dry skin after this. Then I found that you have to *exfoliate* well, and have a moisturizing soap! I use Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap with my Clarisonic. Big difference compared to the acne-drying soap I used previously! Its all about your personal skin type AND the combination of other products! If Almond oil isn't for you, there has to be another natural oil that is! And switch up the rest of your routine too, but the trick is to exfoliate! So it can actually get in there.

FIVE stars because: My $14 bottle could last me 2 years! (So long as it doesn't go bad....)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by OPLALS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is widely used and recommended (especially for pregnant women) in Italy. I have it in a dark glass bottle (good for keeping it in good condition) that pours out just a little at a time (the brand is I Provenzali, available only in Italy, and the only added ingedient is vitamin e). This is a good body moisturizer. It's what I normally use after showering during the winter or on days my skin is dry. But you do need to make sure you have extra time to let it absorb before getting dressed. I won't use it at all if I'm going to wear tights that day - it's that bad. However, I like the smell and I can see how good it is for the skin. I tried it briefly as an eye makeup remover but gave that up as I broke out. For me it's a body only moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by beautifulmindsdream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't use almond oil on my face. rather i slather it on my body after a shower as i have extremely dry skin. It also fades any scars i have and has overall improved my skin tone. I am much happier wearing skirts and such.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I do,like this, but I still prefer using rose hip oil, it just sinks in better with. Y skin and I get better results. Use this under my eye cream on my circles. Apparently it's meant to help with discoloration. Hope it does!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2012 4:40:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I remember using this last year, desperately finding the right oil for my face and reversing the dammage tea tree did to me. It was PURE steaming pile of cow doo. After using it my skin felt very itchy and the next morning, bam worst skin in my entire life. It took me a year to cure the acne (thank god for Lacura skincare). Even to this day I still have many extremely dark blemishes that I am desperately trying to hide. Every morning it takes me approximately 1 hour to 1 and a half to fully cover the blemishes with concealer and foundation. A waste of money because I never wear makeup.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I bought this for use on my face from Spectrum Organics and found it to be really thick. It didn't absorb well or help my blemishes at all. It may not have been the best quality and cold-pressed despite being expensive and organic. I used the rest after trying it on my face for a few weeks as a base for a mix of oils for a hair soak with good results.

I found an organic lebanese cold-pressed olive oil at a local halal store and bought cold-pressed argan oil online. They absorb like serums and moisturize beautifully without leaving a thick oily residue. My skin has been much better, with fewer blemishes and less noticeable lines since starting to use these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 10:17:00 AM More reviews by ExpatBeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

* ME - Normal skin, somewhat drier in the winter with occasional dry flaky spots.
* REVIEW - I actually discovered sweet almond oil quite by accident. I saw it in the baby care aisle of the local pharmacy and wondered to myself, why would it be stocked there? Well, sweet almond oil (SAO) is a popular choice for massaging and moisturizing babiesí skin. Well, I figured that if SAO is gentle enough for babies, itís good enough for my skin. SAO has high fatty content and contains vitamins B1, B6, B2, A and E. And unlike rosehip oil, it is virtually colorless and odorless. Having used SAO fairly regularly for the past few months, Iíve discovered that my skin agrees with it and that Iíve benefited greatly from using SAO. The benefits of using SAO include the following:
+ A drop or two massaged into the hair and scalp after washing helps prevent hair breakage. It does not leave my hair greasy at all.
+ A drop or two massaged into my hands, nails and cuticles works as an effective moisturizer and skin softener. It is light and non-greasy.
+ Lightly massaged into the body after washing for that extra moisture. It absorbs into the skin with medium-fast speed and is a non-greasy moisturizer.
+ I like to mix SAO with a little bit of honey and sugar for a weekly facial mask / gentle exfoliant to give my face that brighter and more radiant shine.
* TIPS:
+ If you are allergic to nuts, you should definitely avoid SAO.
+ To avoid bacterial infection or contamination, SAO is best stored in the refrigerator and used within 6 months of opening. In other words, do not leave in the shower or else it may go rancid.
* VERDICT - SAO is a clear winner for me. It is a simple, super affordable, easy to use all-natural beauty product that really does it all and goes the distance at the same time. I will repurchase for the rest of my life. Highly recommended!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by mntrinemo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this about 12 years ago to replace a hair product that had been discontinued. Sweet almond oil was the first ingredient listed in my beloved hair thickening product and I figured I had nothing to lose. This is my favorite hair product that I keep on going back to for my fine hair. I've used CHI Silk Infusion on and off but the CHI doesn't give the "thick" texture like the CHI. I put in on my wet hair before blow drying but it works on dry hair too. You only need a few drops: rub it on your hands and run them through your hair. The only "bad" thing about this is that I sometimes forget that very little is needed and my hair ends up looking greasy. This is especially good during Minnesota winters when turning up the heat drys everything out. I have also used this to remove makeup (works awesome on waterproof eye makeup!) as a eye "cream" and lip balm at night. I prefer Aquaphor for daytime lip balm. Give it a try. At worst if you don't like it you can use it as bath oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 1:05:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

This is a great moisturizer for the body. It absorbs right in does not feel oily or greasy and lasts. I have tried a bit of it for hair, have not used it as a treatment in my hair, just as a serum. Have not used it on my face either so cannot attest to that. I like this better than olive oil for the body, less messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by makeupman05

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Nuthin to say about this except break out.