August 21, 2014 | 1580 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by steffyfanni

I have sensitive skin. I get eczema on my face as well as constant, mild acne on my forehead. I have very stubborn skin and neither the eczema or acne really responded to anything over-the-counter. I used prescription 5% benzoyl peroxide face wash my dermatologist prescribed to me up until about a year ago. That got rid of about 75% of my acne. For the past year, I have been washing my face with a blend of organic extra virgin olive oil and a few drops of tea tree essential oil (for the acne) and lavender essential oil (for the eczema) every night. I wet my face, massage the oil in for a good minute or two, then use a hot wash cloth and let that sit on my face until it has cooled down. I didn't change anything else in my skincare routine. This got rid of 90% of my acne and my eczema seems like it has calmed down. A few more tweaks and added products to my skincare regimen and my acne is basically gone and my eczema is under control. The EVOO has really changed the way I look at skin care. I always aim for natural, organic ingredients now and my skin (face and body) really seems to love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2013 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Best eye makeup remover ever!!! No losing lashes, no dry skin around the eyes, and it only takes a little bit. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Rocklover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical, but tried it anyway...and I have to say I'm impressed! I rub a small amount of EVOO (say 1/4 teaspoon) into my face and neck and I am definitely seeing results. My skin looks less tired, I swear the fine lines are disappearing and I seem to have fewer breakouts....if that's even possible!

I don't usually use it on my body, but last night I rubbed it into my hands as well as face. I woke up and didn't pay attention to my hands until I got to work, where I usually apply hand cream (I have very dry hands)...but today I almost thought I had already applied it because my hands felt so nice and nourished. I'm SO doing it again tonight!

As a hair treatment....I'm yet to be convinced. I applied it to my hair dry, then did a double shampoo to wash it out. I have very fine hair and felt it was a bit too hard to remove and seemed to weigh it down a bit for my liking. I might give it another go but use it very sparingly.

Packaging I gave 4 stars simply because you have to transfer it into a smaller bottle. I personally feel like if people see a bottle of olive oil sitting on my bedroom dresser they'll think I'm using it for something else (if you know what I mean!). But overall - I am definitely impressed and plan to stick with my EVOO regime and find out what other miracles it can perform!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Beautylicious7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

THIS IS THE BEST MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD! GOD CREATED IT, NOT HUMANS :)

WOW! i cant stay here n tell u all the long amazing facts about this.. u jus gotta research it n try it! :D STOPS WRINKLED ON FACE N EYES N NURTURES SKIN N HEALS N GROWS LASHES..

i just dont like to put it on my forehead in the day time. it usually slips into my eyes, makes them wet n ugly n cloudy or stingy LOL (only in the day) so i use any other cream for my forehead

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by Shampooaholic

I have fine hair and letting color grow out to natural color. I have about 6 inches of natural color growing and the rest of my hair with the color in it is dry, coarse, stringy. I have wasted alot, I mean ALOT of money on shampoos, conditioners, deep conditioners, oils.....the list goes on. And nothing would work on moisturizing the dry colored section of my hair. I finally decided to throw in the towel and have horrible hair for the next few years until it grew out. But then I heard you can put EVOO in your hair for moisture. So I tried it for a couple days and it did help but nothing too noticeable. Then I started mixing it with other kitchen items to see if I could boosts the results and I came up with a recipe that works!
1) Mix 2Tbls of EVOO with 2Tbles Helmens mayo that has EVOO in it.
2) spread through hair from tips to roots.
3) wrap head in plastic wrap (holds heat better then shower cap)
4) blow dry plastic wrapped hair for a couple minutes till your scalp can feel heat.
5) leave on for at least 20 min.
6) take off plastic wrap, rinse, shampoo, condition.
My hair was 80% less crunchy dry! It looks and feels so moisturized but not greasy. It has a nice natural shine to it. The only bad thing is the smell of your hair once you take the plastic wrap off...like warm potato salad. But trust me....it is so worth it! And the best part is it's super cheap and you can pronounce all the ingredients so you know what your putting on your hair!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by mamafazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love olive oil! I use this to remove makeup, and then follow with a regular cleanser, it leaves skin feeling so soft and nourished. I also have used it in my hair pre-shampoo, leaves hair shiny, soft, and frizz-free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by sekhmet

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Olive oil is a staple in my kitchen! I don't even bother with the extra virgin variety, either--I just get plain olive oil. (But obviously if you feel the evoo works better, go ahead!) The main thing I use it for is moisturizing/exfoliating my extremely sensitive facial skin. I pour about a teaspoon of olive oil onto a clean washcloth and take it into the shower with me. I wet the cloth with warm water from the shower, then briskly rub my lips with it. Next I go all around my face using gentle circular movements. In general, I try to keep my face out of the hot/warm shower water, but I do use a little to splash my face maybe once to get the excess oil off. This is about the only exfoliation my skin will tolerate these days, but it works great. Plus, when I put cleanser on the cloth to wash my body, the olive oil is still on there to better moisturize my skin.
Other ideas: Dab olive oil onto your cuticles, then rub in for moisturization and natural shine. (You can clean out a nail polish or cuticle treatment bottle with an attached brush and put olive oil in it for conveniience.) You can also add some olive oil to a bottle of body lotion or shampoo that is not sufficiently moisturizing. Use your imagination and you can come up with lots of great ways to use olive oil. It's cheap, ecofriendly, and smart!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I use 1/2 tsp every night in the ends of my damaged and dry hair to keep them hydrated throughout the day and protect it from environmental damage and it works so, so well. My hair has definitely been a lot more happy since I started using the extra virgin olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by akneil

I have a confession to make. I was SO NERVOUS to try this on my face. It just seemed so... backwards.. to put oil on my face?! When I have acne?! That sounds insane.
BUT IT ISN'T!
I started using cold pressed EVOO on my face a few weeks ago. I add a couple dabs to my moisturizer at night and apply. It is just a little greasy when I go to bed, but when I wake up my face has soaked up all the goodness and it is SO smooth.
I suffered from very dry flaky skin due to harsh acne treatments, and this has completely rehydrated my skin. It is wonderful.
I have acne prone skin and this DOES NOT break me out. Olive oil is a natural moisturizer and has antibacterial properties. There is no reason for acne prone skin to stay away from natural oils. DRYING OUT YOUR SKIN IS NOT THE ANSWER PEOPLE.

Anyways, I hope this helped. I was really nervous to use this at first and now I don't even know why. Such a great product, and best of all it's right in my kitchen at all times.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 8:10:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

there are so many ways to use this stuff.if you google it the list is a mile long. Lots of people on YouTube and stuff say they love it in their hair. Not me. I use it to takeoff stubborn makeup on occasion, tanning oil if I want the sun to really get in my skin, and I also have olive oil baths warning* it can be very slippery and you need to wash your tub after. I put my hair in a high bun, rub olive oil all over my body then sit in the tub read a magazine for a bit. The olive oil sticks to me tho because oil and water dnt mix the. I get up wipe it off use mild soap, but a little lotion on some dry spots and bam I am legit as soft and moisturized more than ever before