November 23, 2014 | 904 users online

Moisturizers - Extra Virgin Olive Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Sam3215

This is my holy grail (along with coconut oil) i use it as
-face and body moisturizer
-makeup remover
-hair serum
-mouthwash (look up oil pulling method)

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:31:00 AM More reviews by AshleyLovesMakeupx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this as it has seemingly worked miracles for many in the beauty community, and I was especially impressed that so simple a product managed to garner hundreds of glowing reviews on here. However, my experience with it fell short of stellar. I bought it mainly to remove makeup and to moisturize my skin. It does the former thanks to its intrinsic nature but not as well as I would have liked. I had to go over my face numerous times with this before I would begin to not see any excess makeup transfer onto my cotton round, and I only wear blush or bronzer or sometimes both. This would leave my face greasy as hell, as you can probably imagine, and even with excessive rinsing, it would still feel heavy and unclean the next day. I've tried using just a token amount of oil to moisturize my face and body, but instead of absorbing into my skin, the oil just sits there, leaving an uncomfortable film that makes me want to hop into the shower. Worse, it started to break my face into a series of bumps that still have not healed yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by classyitalian

I've been using this for almost a week now.. So far its made my skin glow, turned it baby soft, reduced breakouts, made blackheads disappear, and even toned my skin! I honestly wish I tried this sooner.. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:25:00 PM More reviews by FelisCatus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love it as a peeling. Mix olive oil,sea salt and coffee grounds.The peeling effect will be greater depending on salt added,so be carefull while adding salt.I apply it in shower and wait as much as I can and wash it.Skin is soft because it is "peeled" and nourished with olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

I had a horrifying chemical burn a few weeks ago, and olive oil was the only thing I could put on my skin that wouldnt burn my skin, it was also the only thing that added moisture to my skin, better than vaseline and aqueous b.p cream and E45!
I also use it on my hair and it does make a huge difference. You can put it on your eyelashes, skin and hair, hands, nails, legs after shaving - it is a brilliant moisturizer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by belladodie

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't use this on my face or body, as it's a rather heavy oil, but I do use it to make a balm that has done miracles. I fill a mason jar half full of calendula flowers (or a mixture of calendula and lavendar) then fill the jar with EVO. Let it sit in the sun for 6 weeks, shaking daily for the first couple of weeks, then whenever I think of it. Strain with cheesecloth. Then in a makeshift double boiler (glass measuring cup over pan with water in the bottom) I heat 1 cup of the infused oil with .9 ounce (one ounce is the typical formula) bee's wax. If you buy the pellets, this is very easy, as grating the beeswax is a pain. I use whatever olive oil I have on hand and buy rest of supplies online at Mountain Rose. When the wax is melted I pour into 3 small canning jars and let solidify. I use this for a lip balm, on the outside of my ears, as a moisturizer for my genital area, on my feet and on my hands. It works like a charm. Doesn't irritate delicate areas, and my hands and feet are smoother than they've ever been. Love it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Halfsquatchh

I have extremely oily, sensitive, acne prone skin and I used evoo for the first time last night after washing with raw honey and I am already convinced. I just poured a tiny amount into the cap and applied generously to my face and massaged it into my skin for a few minutes. I didnt use anything to remove it, i just allowed it time to sink into my skin and went to sleep. It leaves your skin looking and feeling pampered. All of my ice pick scars and premature aging we're less noticeable (if thats possible!) and my skin just really looked great which is something I usually can't say. It felt smooth and healthy. It didnt heal my acne over night but I really think it will help my skin overall. When I woke up, my usually greasy oily skin still looked great and not a spot of shine to be found. I will come back for an update after I've used it some more! I think it's a great moisturizer for our face regardless of skin type.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MrsRoss23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh! I freaking love this stuff, lol. I use it as a moisturizer, as a hair treatment, as a leave-in conditioner& as a topping on pasta and salad, haha! Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I started to use EVOO as a head to toe skin care this year and i'm loving it. I use it as makeup remover, deep facial cleanser, hair mask, eyelash serum, face and body moisturizer, exfoliating scrub (mix with sugar or sea salt). It makes me glowing head to toe. I also make sure get the nutrition from EVOO inside of my body by adding it (together with sea salt, lemon juice and organic apple cider vinegar) to my salad every day. When you are healthy inside, that's how you look your best from outside! Keep in mind that you should always use the COLD PRESSED EXTRA VIRGIN olive oil on your skin for it to fully absorb the oil and get the most nutrients out of it.

Tips, the EVOO has a strong scent which can sting your eyes when you use it to remove eye makeup, so you should dip a little bit oil on a Q-tip to use on the lash line. I also use coconut oil or sweet almond oil to remove makeup which does not sting my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2013 4:04:00 AM More reviews by joyce628

I was hesitant to try this on my face as I have exremely oily face and can breakout easily. So at first i tried it one night as a makeup remover then I switch back to my other makeup removers and waited to see if I'll breakout. But I never did. Then I tried it as a moisturizer as well and also waited to see if I"ll breakout. No breakouts either.
Amazing as a makeup remover, no lashes falling out yet all my waterproof mascara come off so quickly. HG product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No