November 26, 2014 | 1835 users online

Powder - Laura Mercier - Foundation Powder [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by Lamballe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a mediocre powder foundation and there are plenty of other cheaper alternatives to this. I like powder foundations because they seem to be more for evening out skin tones rather than covering acne or scars, but this does nothing to even out my skin. Also, the lightest shade is too dark and yellow for me to layer all over my face. I have only bothered to apply this dry, and have used brushes, the sponge, and powder puff, and it just does not work for me. I suppose I will use this to touch up during the day until it is gone, but I would not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by fuztop

I put this on with my kabuki brush, and it's the best foundation I have ever used. I love the shade. I love that you can build the intensity. I love how it doesn't settle into my 'fine lines'. I love how its luminous, so it doesn't look like you have caked product onto your face - rather, it looks like a much better version of your natural skin. On me it lasts all day - even in the Auckland humidity. If your looking for a product that is easy to apply, lasts all day, and due to the amount in the palette works out great value for money, then you can't go wrong with this product. Highly recommended over others I've tried like bobby brown, shisedo, and becca to name a few

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by iheartea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really good coverage. Didn't break me out. Packaging is a little bulky but otherwise love this powder. You have to be careful with applying too much though and should be even coz you can patches if noted applied correctly. I prefer using a brush for lesser coverage and a sponge for thicker coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by serenitytomo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Really wanted to I love especailly after I cashed that much money for it. But the only thing I like about this is the coverage, it was wonderful! match my skin perfectly and made me look flawless in the beginning. BUT it did not do want i wanted it to do and that was oil control. After 2hrs my face was an like an oil spill .. just felt gross. So no, I would not buy again, fail.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by bootyliciousbaby

Going against the grain here. Good coverage but no staying power. At the end of the day my face looked pretty gross.

Much prefer her Loose Mineral spf 15 or Pressed Mineral spf 15 to this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

After I bought this powder I was underwhelmed at first. I did not like the way it looked when I used either the enclosed puff or sponge.

But when I tried it with my kabuki brush I was amazed! It is so easy to put on and just seems to airbrush all my flaws away. It stays on great and gives me a nice, matte look, which I love because I have oily skin.

I will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jcoyote30

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this powder. I have been searching for a powder foundation that will not bother my sensitive skin and this was just not it because it contains mica. The coverage was good, it didn't accentuate my large pores, and the color I was matched with was perfect. But after wearing for a few hours my skin started itching like crazy, so back to the store it will be going :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by stella84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

When I first bought this product, I thought it was too cakey and powdery. After some testing and experimenting with application, I now adore this! I use it as a touch up whenever neededn (ie: when its 40 degrees here in Oz!). I apply it by gently but firmly patting the powder with the sponge onto my face in the desired areas. Do NOT slide the sponge over your face, it will look terrible. I haven't tried this as a foundation yet, but will do so in winter. I have dry skin and this works for me, so if you have normal-oily skin,i would presume that this would work even better for you! I really like the hygenic packaging with the seperate part for the sponge with air holes. I don't mind the size of the compact, as my bag is huge anyway!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This provides the fullest coverage a POWDER foundation has ever given me. It's so silky-smooth and covers very well. And i can use a concealer brush to cover spots so easily. The only downsize is that it can get cakey if you layer too much. And also, it's $40. I don't know if it's worth it for a smaller-than-average compact. I do highly recommend it if price is not an issue for you. The website says you can apply it wet for even fuller coverage. I tried using it with my MAC Fix+ spray and ruined the top layer of my powder :(

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2009 10:59:00 PM More reviews by sopheee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I wear it everyday. It works so well for me. It covers well without causing Acne, which is a MIRACLE for me! I don't even need another foundation for "special" events anymore. Plus, it lasts all day with the mineral primer. My only major gripe is how expensive it costs! Other than that, it's perfect. Love itttt!

*I apply it with a brush, because it looks too drying with sponge application.

edit: overtime this has become too expensive and drying of a foundation for me. I think the coverage has been too heavy for everyday wear and that overtime it increased my acne. I still recommend it for occasional use.