August 29, 2014 | 1699 users online

Powder - NARS - Powder Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 12:03:00 AM More reviews by ofo1220

This is an amazing matte finis poweder. Great coverage, doesn't even maximize pores like most powders do. The only drawback? Using it daily, it lasts MAYBE 6 weeks. A better alternative is the Fresh powders. I get very similar results (and similar price tag) but it lasts me at least 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 8:52:00 PM More reviews by royaljosieness

I LOVED THIS POWDER FOUNDATION! It worked really well with my oily skin and matched my skintone. I love the packaging and I like how you can get a refill when you run out, just so you're not wasting money on buying a whole brand new container. As much as I love this product, I won't be repurchasing. It's way too much for my budget and I find that MAC Studio Fix works just as well, but for a lot cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2009 7:26:00 PM More reviews by godsgirl619

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this pressed powder in Santa Fe with SPF...I really love Nars products and this powder was no exception. I would say the coverage is light-medium but def. buildable. Has great staying powder and the packaging travels well. Overall I will def. be purchasing again when I run out. Worth the price.
BTW: I have combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by dzoys

i have a hard time finding a good foundation. i keep thinking i want good coverage but even with the best color-match it looks fake. so i decided to try light-med coverage. things improved but i wasn't impressed until i came across this product.
i am using budapest, a shade darker than my skin but beings my face closer to matching the skin tone on my chest. i took two trips to sephra, applying in a split on my face. left side one color, right side the other. my boyfriend helped me choose the best shade, being that there are so many!

i purchased NARS foundation base, the SA at sephora told me u can use it for all NARS foundations, powders too. so i gave it a go and it made the difference i needed! i have been trying to stay away from SPF bc it makes a white glare on my face when taking pictures. SPF 12 is just right- i get a little glow, it looks healthy. i mean the photographs took me by surprise... dead serious!

when i apply this i feel like there is nothing on my face. but within like a half hour i look again i DO notice a difference, at that point i may reapply. so it takes some time to settle in.
i reapply maybe 2 times during the day and once when out at night, altho it's not all that necessary. i actually have had a few compliments on my skin in the past week which is unusual for me (and never happened with my other foundations) ...

i use a concealer for my blemishes. i found that depending on a high coverage foundation for this is a bad move for me, it lacks that natural HEALTHY look.
the price is steep but after tossing out so many cheaper ones i feel at peace. it's cray hw i have just one powder now and even my liquid and creme foundations are in the trash, adding up to a pretty penny. yuck!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

st.tropez is an awesome match for my nc 35 skin. this powder foundation does not have any coverage, at all!. i toned, used my estee lauder idealist and then a moisturizer and this on top. applied w/ a brush this makes ur skin look very dry. even w/ my oily t-zone. after a while it makes you very oily. applied w/ sponge gives you a nice even toned look w/o flakies, then 2-3 hrs later shine all over your face! i don't get it. bone dry then oily and no coverage. thought i could at least use it as a blot powder but it makes me oiler so this is no good use. black case turned ashy after 1 day due to handling and placing it in my makeup bag. urggg!. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO NOT BUY THIS POWDER.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2009 4:43:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok this is hands down the best powder foundation I have ever used. I have tried a plethora of foundations, both liquid and powder, which I will attempt to list at the end of my review to show you how serious I am about THIS stuff being the best!

I have neutral olive skin. I wear this in Santa Fe. I bought this at the dawn of my monthly PMS. I had been so displeased with the product I was using before (EL Double Wear Powder) because it didn't hold up oil and settled into fine lines.

Anyways during PMS my skin's oil production gets revved up. NARS did the BEST job of keeping my face looking fresh. EVEN during the PMS oil fest!! Ofcourse there is still some shine after 8 hours of wear...however I don't ever reapply anything I use just out of fear of getting cakey. I really don't think you need to reapply NARS. You can still see that you are getting natural coverage even when your oily spots come out of hiding.

I cannot wait to see how this works after my time of month. Best powder EVER!!

Products I have tried (foundation edition):
Powder: Bare Minerals, Everyday Minerals, Clinique Almost Powder & Perfectly Real Powder, EL Double Wear

Liquid: Lancome Teint Idole Ultra, MUFE Face & Body, Lorac Natural Breakthrough Performance, Diorskin Nude Hydrating Makeup SPF 10

EDIT: OK No. This stuff turned out to be incredibly drying. Made me look 40 years older. Disgusting. Took it back to the store. This stuff would be great for oily skins but see, I apply makeup right after showering and washing my face to a clean slate. So there is no oil there so soak up...leading to dryness that lasts all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by JessyxLin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, I must say the packaging is great =]

I have it in Deauville which is absolutely perfect for my light asian skin. It goes on nicely but a little chalky at first but after it settles [maybe 5 minutes?] it looks natural and smooth. My t-zone looked a little oily after a few hours [normal] after application, but its very quick and easy to touchup. If you need better coverage, do not use the sponge it comes with! The sponge is great and soft, but is horrible for 'heavier' make up application. [I generally use the sponge to occasionally clean the mirror] The makeup itself is great, but the price is so expensive! I've only been using it for a few days so hopefully i'll get something good out of this!

*EDIT*

The powder is good at smoothing out my skin and doesn't make my 'dry spots' look obvious. It's not a powder for people with heavy acne or dark scars. The coverage is sheer and should probably used as finishing powder after a foundation with better coverage is applied. But if you only have a few bumps here and there, it gives your face a smooth, matte look.

I wouldn't buy this product again because of price, but I may try to refill the compact with other foundations [if i can find one that fits?]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 3:58:00 PM More reviews by Ingenue01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I've waited a very long time to try this, but I have to say... I'm impressed! I'm a Bobbi Brown foundation girl all the way (Oil Free Compact) but NARS may just steal me away. I love Bobbi because of the yellow based colors...turns out NARS got the memo as well.

I have extremely oily skin, so this was the perfect fix for it. Medium coverage, and it set really nicely. I wore it all night with no touchups. I use the Kabuki brush to dust it on (I only need light coverage).

I'll be getting this again. Definitely worth the $$$.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by Shayron

This is very disappointing. Santa Fe is an excellent color match for my med-beige skin tone. I'm a big fan of Nars loose powder, but the price on this is outrageous ($45) for technically being just a compact/pressed tinted face powder. Coverage is sheer to medium depending on whether you use a brush or the sponge it comes with. My skin is in pretty good condition so all I really need is something that covers the little bit of redness I have around my nose and chin and keeps the t-zone oilies away. Santa Fe doesn't oxidize but it fades within a couple hours and then the redness returns and oil shines through. I'll continue to wear it when I only need something that lasts a few hours because that's all it's good for. Forget about wearing this in the summertime. This powder foundation is comparable to drugstore powder foundations (some of which I like better than this) and not worth the high price at all. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by bankston76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I just received this from Sephora today and I have to say I love it so far! It's gorgeous on! I have very oily tzone and sensitive skin. Big pores and wrinkles also. At first, I thought it was going to be too dry looking but as it's had a chance to settle in it looks smooth and supple. My tzone is shining after 3 hours but I expect that, it always happens. I got Deauville and I'm an NC 15-20. It's probably a shade too dark but it's ok because it's so pretty and I'm going to start self tanning soon because it's about that season!! The case is huge. It could be smaller however I do like the large mirror. The price is steep but if it lives up to what I think it will, it will be worth it. Also, the pan is very large so it will probably last a long time.

Edit: This wound up being too red for me. Back to sephora!