October 24, 2014 | 1579 users online

Body Scrubs - The Body Shop - Africa Spa Body Salt Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2006 5:57:00 PM More reviews by reed413

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I received a sample of this and I love the scent! It smells kind of like patchouly or sandalwood, but w/o the noxious overpowering hippie stench. The granules are really fine and feel really nice on the skin. I don't know how much this costs, but most likely I will buy a full size container when my sample has been used up.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2006 4:27:00 PM More reviews by fiestyfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did not like this scrub very much because it dissolved too fast and couldnt really get a good scrub down. Also did not care for the scent. The only good thing about it is that it doesnt not leave the skin dry but somewhat velvety. I think this is best for a bath.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 12:50:00 AM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample because I think the Body Shop products are too expensive (though I use their bar soap... love grapeseed). And at 28CAD, they are too expensive.

But I did like it. I liked the smell, subtle, light but not the usual lotion, bath etc scent. It's a salt scrub (I've only ever used sugar) and I liked how thick it was and you only needed a little. It's a pearly-white in colour and the grains of salt are really thick/rough etcc at first but the water dissolves it, like normal salt. I guess it doesn't stay long enough to get a good scrub out of it and it was overly expensive for something that you're gonna wash off.

=] but I liked the product in general, wouldn't buy it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2006 12:13:00 AM More reviews by LadySilver

Salt is small thus gentle on the skin! Smell nice!
Skin feel smoother after few application.
Skin does not feel dry after application.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2006 7:30:00 PM More reviews by Green_Tea

Great scent, fine salt scrub...but the salt dissapears and melts away way too quickly for you to get a good scrub. Expensive, but maybe the ingredients are good? I would purchase the Olive scrub (also by the body shop) instead works much much better and cheaper too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2006 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Kameli

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favorite scrub - not super oily or abrasive! This scrub has a great scent and leaves my skin feeling soft. To work around the packaging and to keep excess moisture out of the jar, I spoon some into a small container that is easy to open and lasts several showers. This way, if excess moisture gets into my "decant" my whole jar of scrub isn't spoiled.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2006 2:54:00 AM More reviews by perfectly_pink

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is such a lovely scrub !! the smell is beautiful,the salt is not too harsh on your skin but still exfoliates well,plus the shea butter in this leaves the skin sssoooo smooth no residue ect.only thing is the price ..it is pretty high ,would probably still repurchse

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2006 9:48:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Love the scent! Gentle effective scrub on my skin ( i cant take harsh scrubs) + i always use a brush to scrub in combination with a scrub. so this works well for my skin except for the crappy packaging.

Hate the packaging (& price)! Jar looks cute but it isnt practical or user friendly. You dig your fingers into the jar - unhygenic. Stupid complicated hinge that has wacked my fingers a few times! You worry about getting the insides wet so you scoope some in dry hands then close the jar & then you spread them all over & find you want more so your hands have difficulty opening the darn jar. i solve the problem by decanting some into a another container. BUt its a waste of my money for an impractical container. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2006 2:23:00 PM More reviews by burlesquebunny

This is a truly indulgent salt scrub. I can't get enough of the incredible scent and it is so gentle. I was doubtful about using it because the grains looked so fine compared to other salt scrubs I have used in the past. But I was pleaqsantly surprised because it is every bit as effective. I wish the packaging was different though. That lck on the lid always snaps back at me. But I guess it's a small price to pay because I bought four of these for $9/ea at a Body Shop sale. But I will repurchase when they are on sale again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2006 9:13:00 AM More reviews by altp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love its smell, so divine. It makes my skin so soft..I normally use it for my hands. I've tried Crabtree&Evelyn Hand Recovery, and this salt scrub does the same job as the Hand Recovery. They're look the same texture too, dont you think?....I would definitely repurchase it.