July 30, 2014 | 2066 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Individualist Natural Finish Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by MariaNYC84

Perfect, Perfect, Perfect match for my skintone in caramel which is 4W. Light coverage and does not even look like I have anything on. Great for the summer time. I have and will be repurchasing this foundation until they decide to discontinue it, which you know they will.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2007 7:55:00 AM More reviews by characterarc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was searching to replace my Neutrogena Natural Look foundation, which I finally got sick of (it broke me out, no lasting power at all, looked cakey in some areas). It seems with Neutrogena products, it is either hit or miss. Anyway, I went to the Estee Lauder counter and the lady was so helpful, she even gave me two samples to go home with - Equalizer and Individualist.

I did not like Equalizer, after a few hours of wearing it, it made me look DEAD. But I loved the Individualist. It really does look natural and a few swipes with a brush, your skin can look almost flawless. I say 'almost' because for me, I have blemishes from acne. But this stuff - in conjunction of course with Cetaphil, Benzaclin prescription, antibiotics, aspirin masks, and occasional apple cider vinegar - has not made me break out since I used it.

My only gripes are the price ($33?) and its lasting power. I usually have to touch up again and it doesn't keep my oily skin matte-looking but I do think the pros outweigh the cons, in this case.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2007 7:35:00 AM More reviews by ybabe

Individualist is the natural-looking foundation I have ever used on my combination/oily skin. I have light bordering on medium skin with neutral to warm tones, and Dawn is a pretty good match for me (possibly a little bit dark for the winter months). It doesn't last very long, though, and makes my skin oily by midday. I also don't like the packaging, it has squared-off edges and a slim shape that is difficult to stand upright. It ends up lying on its side on my makeup shelf, and takes up more room than it needs to. I hesitate to say that I won't repurchase, as it really does have a lovely, natural finish (for a couple of hours, anyway). It depends on whether I find something better and longer lasting in a mattifying foundation. I'm still searching. I imagine this would be a great foundation for people with dryer skin than mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2007 5:50:00 PM More reviews by AthenaNike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall, I like this product. I like its lightweight feel, how it smooths on easily, and the way it covers. It really does look natural. I like that it doesn't already have an SPF in it (sunscreens reflect light off your skin, thus making your face look white in a photograph). I have a hard skintone to match, because I have a fair skin tone with NEUTRAL (not the usual cool) undertones, so I look kinda beige-y.

I don't like how it makes my skin oily (well, *oiler*). I don't like the price, either, but they say if you splurge on ONE make-up product, it should be a good foundation. This is my splurge.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by cnelson0730

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just bought this. So far it seems to be ok. Feels very light, yet provides me with enough coverage. I usually like a sheerer coverage, but still has to be able to tone down the pink in my skin. Doesn't amplify wrinkles like heavier foundations. Has a faint scent that is pleasant. Wish more came in the tube, instead of only an ounce. Can tell that with the squeeze tube I will probably go through this pretty quick.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by centerfuse

Noticed that my Mac fluid was looking too orangey and cakey *and* started giving me breakouts. I stopped by the EL counter and let the SA do her thing figuring that EL has been around for a long time for a reason.. I have found the most natural looking cover I have ever used! I recently bought a second tube when a co-worker mentioned how great my skin looked. I happen to like the tube because you can really control the amount. I always waste pump stuff. Let's not even talk about the bacteria from open bottles...

I am 47 with combo skin that *still* breaks out now and then, has red/uneven areas, and some fine lines. I must say, the Ivory shade recommended was a perfect match, smoothed over my large pores, and softened the fine lines. The finish is *really* natural. No breakouts, either. As others have mentioned, it does fade, especially in oilier areas, but you can retouch/layer without a problem. I will willingly touchup rather than use somehing heavy looking! And anyway...who doesn't need at least one touchup?

It has a gel texture and works best if "pressed into" the skin and then smoothed. It needs a good powder to set (but that's normal with sheers, anyway) and and you *must* moisturize and use sparingly in the eye area. Would suggest a matte sunscreen like Sofina Lucent UV as it seem to normalize the skin. Blotting tissue is always great to have around, too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This is a great sheer-to-medium coverage foundation. I have this in VELLUM, which is a neutral ivory and matches perfectly against my NC15-20 skin. This works wonders when applied with a foundation brush, as it covers the redness I have in my cheeks. It's very light in weight and texture, and does not feel greasy on my combonation skin.

The downfalls are the cheap packaging----plastic squeeze tube, which I find to be tacky for something produces by Estee Lauder, and the fact that some colours may be discontinued. The SA said she wasn't sure which ones, but was told that they would be discontinuing a few, and I'd be highly disapointed if mine was!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by sbrb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this product a few times and I do like it. It blends nicely (as long as you have the right shade), and doesn't feel like you are wearing any makeup at all. Coverage is good for me b/c I have pretty good skin and am only looking for something to even me out. Lasts a long time so it is a bargain. However I have ADD when it comes to product and am always looking for something different.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2007 12:19:00 AM More reviews by danaemaria

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best foundation i have ever tried! It does not feel heavy, doesn't make me break out (which is the most important thing) goes on excellent (use a makeup brush) and gives a very flawless finish. I use Platinum illuminator over the top, and believe me, I get comments on how good it looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by guil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product. This is my HG foundation. I have this in Shell Beige, I am NC40 in MAC. I have combination skin. I do find that setting this with a powder is absolutely necessary and for days when I want this to last I will wear a primer underneath it. It gives a good medium coverage that looks natural. The coverage is also buildable without turning chalky or cakey. I love the squeeze tube, it is very hygienic.