August 30, 2014 | 1160 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff makes my hair shine like anything, without any chemicals. I have thin, fine hair and a sensitive scalp, and I read somewhere that coconut oil can help condition the scalp if you use it as a pre-shampoo treatment. When I first got it I experimented using it in different amounts, with different results (using one whole tablespoon was a disaster, but I know that now.) Now I've found the perfect amount: I keep my coconut oil in a spray bottle (I live in a warm, humid climate so at room temperature it's liquid) and spray once into the palm of my hand, and add 2-3 drops of neem oil. It amounts to about half a teaspoon which I think is just right for those with thin hair, but you can add more if you have thick hair. Then I massage this mix all over my head. After that I use a sulfate-free shampoo. When it dries, I'm left with soft, glossy hair without any greasy residue. Works like a charm. I'm using this for oil pulling too, and a heavy moisturizer mixed with shea butter when my skin needs it. I wouldn't recommend this as a leave-in conditioner for fine-haired girls though - it's much too heavy. Use grapeseed oil to condition the ends of your hair instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Allioa09

Seriously, I use this stuff for everything. I use it as a hair mask, make up remover, lip balm, even actual cooking. I am a firm believer that coconut oil can do anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by chelsea7387

This stuff is like magic. As you can see, many others agree. I use it as a hair mask, makeup remover and moisturizer. It's healthy to cook with, I even put it on my picky dog's food and he loves it. Plus it makes his coat super shiny (for those other dog moms out there). The only downside is when I put it on my legs, he won't leave me alone trying to lick the stuff off!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey girls, I have very frizzy hair and the ends of my hair are so dry! Coconut oil (make sure it is virgin because I used the one that said pure but didn't work as well) has made miracles to my hair that expensive protein treatments couldn't. My hair is less frizzy and less dry. Take my advice if you have curly, frizzy hair or prob any type of hair , forget that hair mask you wanted to get an invest in coconut oil, if you don't like it you can always use it to bake or cook (make sure it is not a hair product but one purely extracted from coconuts ofc!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I mainly bought this for a hair mask. I apply it before I got to bed, than I wash next morning. This is the best cure for my severe dry damaged hair due to coloring. It has instant results and u just love it! It Is also great for moisturizing my face and skin and even removing water proof makeup up easily ! This stuff is an enexpensive miracle! Just live it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used an organic coconut oil for just about everything beauty related. I use it every day. As a moisturizer for body, face and hands, as a cuticle cream, as an eye cream, as a lash serum, as a makeup remover and as a conditioner/balm for my lips. I even gently heat some up and use it as a hair mask! My skin is in better shape now than it's ever been and my bathroom is no longer crowded by jars and bottles for individual things. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sexyali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a great eye makeup remover. Plus it's been helping my eyelashes to get fuller. I also find it helps me with my dandruff problem. When I don't have time to make it myself from scratch I buy it from the website iHerb and use the coupon code KVK250 to get a discount. It so awesome to make it from scratch though. I use mature coconut with the flesh inside hardend. I proceed to blend it with hot water to help draw oil the fat(oil). Then I strain it. Then I refrigerate the coconut milk The fat which is coconut oil hardens at the top and then you can remove it from the rest of the coconut milk. Awesome awesome stuff. I wouldn't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I use this for a LOT of things, such as:
1. Oil-pulling in the morning: For whiter teeth, fresher breath, better oral hygiene and improved energy in the morning.
2. Overall body moisturizer
3. Makeup remover
4. Natural deodorant
5. Hair treatment, remedy for split-ends
6. Health supplement: I take 2 tablespoons a day

It's nature's cure-all and wonderworker! Try it and be amazed!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. It is all natural and great when your skin gets dry.

Make sure you find all natural.

Sometimes I put it in smoothies it doesn't add any taste but apparently it helps your skin from the inside, and I'm totally down for that. The MCT's in coconut make it extremely healthy to eat and good for your skin too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

This product doesn't work well for everyone but if you are one of the lucky ones as I am, you will be obsessed!!

Often people are topically sensitive to the Lauric acid in coconut oil but in general it's really very calming on your skin and even anti-microbial and anti-fungal which is one of the reasons it helps breakouts. I have some pimples, but my main issue is really clogged pores because my skin is really dry and doesn't make much oil on it's own. The coconut oil has helped reduce the clogged pores by like 80% or more

There is no such thing as extra-virgin coconut oil - it's either "refined" or "virgin" (extra-virgin is a marketing ploy). Use the virgin. I like Nutiva best because I like the smell - I bought a bottle in Thailand that smelled really strong and I got to love that too! I just get the ultra-big gallon of it and split it up between the bathroom and the kitchen. it's about $25 and has lasted me almost a year.

I like this in a tub rather than squirt bottles as well!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No