September 16, 2014 | 1895 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by LyndseyZ

MAKE SURE WHEN YOU BUY COCONUT OIL IT IS UNREFINED; unrefined means that they do not bleach and deodorize the coconut oil, your oil SHOULD smell like coconuts, if it does not then you are using unrefined and it does not have all the benefits of unrefined, and it goes through chemical processes which we don't want. Anyways I use coconut oil once a week as an overnight deep conditioner in my hair (be sure not to get it on your scalp if you have and oily scalp) I also use it on my face at night after I take my makeup off, this has helped so much for my acne! I barely get pimples anymore. I make a sugar scrub that I use to exfoliate with in the shower. Try coconut oil you will not be disappointed!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by otiliaL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about coconut oil.
I use it as a makeup remover for Colorstay foundation which is very difficult to remove with any other makeup remover, and coconut oil is the best at it although since a couple of days i have started to experience eczema and dry patches on the skin especially on the cheeks area. I believe it is from coconut oil because i haven't changed anything else in what matters my skin routine in the past weeks except adding this oil.

Pros:
- it is being absorbed easily into the skin and if you rinse it off with warm water it will remove the extra unneeded oil.
- best makeup remover
- very gentle with the eyes, won't irritate them
- soothes the skin and will rebalance the oily areas
- did not cause breakouts

Cons :
- made me have some sort of eczema and skin looks a bit uneven in some areas, like dry patches somehow too
- a bit pricey
- i used it on my dry hands and it didn't moisturize the skin.I got a totally different effect on hands than on face.

Honestly i think i will stick at using it to remove eye makeup only. It is great for that area, removes makeup in one step, even the waterproof one and soothes the sensitive skin around the eyes perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff makes my hair shine like anything, without any chemicals. I have thin, fine hair and a sensitive scalp, and I read somewhere that coconut oil can help condition the scalp if you use it as a pre-shampoo treatment. When I first got it I experimented using it in different amounts, with different results (using one whole tablespoon was a disaster, but I know that now.) Now I've found the perfect amount: I keep my coconut oil in a spray bottle (I live in a warm, humid climate so at room temperature it's liquid) and spray once into the palm of my hand, and add 2-3 drops of neem oil. It amounts to about half a teaspoon which I think is just right for those with thin hair, but you can add more if you have thick hair. Then I massage this mix all over my head. After that I use a sulfate-free shampoo. When it dries, I'm left with soft, glossy hair without any greasy residue. Works like a charm. I'm using this for oil pulling too, and a heavy moisturizer mixed with shea butter when my skin needs it. I wouldn't recommend this as a leave-in conditioner for fine-haired girls though - it's much too heavy. Use grapeseed oil to condition the ends of your hair instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Allioa09

Seriously, I use this stuff for everything. I use it as a hair mask, make up remover, lip balm, even actual cooking. I am a firm believer that coconut oil can do anything!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:43:00 AM More reviews by chelsea7387

This stuff is like magic. As you can see, many others agree. I use it as a hair mask, makeup remover and moisturizer. It's healthy to cook with, I even put it on my picky dog's food and he loves it. Plus it makes his coat super shiny (for those other dog moms out there). The only downside is when I put it on my legs, he won't leave me alone trying to lick the stuff off!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:29:00 AM More reviews by diana444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hey girls, I have very frizzy hair and the ends of my hair are so dry! Coconut oil (make sure it is virgin because I used the one that said pure but didn't work as well) has made miracles to my hair that expensive protein treatments couldn't. My hair is less frizzy and less dry. Take my advice if you have curly, frizzy hair or prob any type of hair , forget that hair mask you wanted to get an invest in coconut oil, if you don't like it you can always use it to bake or cook (make sure it is not a hair product but one purely extracted from coconuts ofc!)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 6:28:00 PM More reviews by LokaLopez13

I mainly bought this for a hair mask. I apply it before I got to bed, than I wash next morning. This is the best cure for my severe dry damaged hair due to coloring. It has instant results and u just love it! It Is also great for moisturizing my face and skin and even removing water proof makeup up easily ! This stuff is an enexpensive miracle! Just live it

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:26:00 AM More reviews by macabremakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used an organic coconut oil for just about everything beauty related. I use it every day. As a moisturizer for body, face and hands, as a cuticle cream, as an eye cream, as a lash serum, as a makeup remover and as a conditioner/balm for my lips. I even gently heat some up and use it as a hair mask! My skin is in better shape now than it's ever been and my bathroom is no longer crowded by jars and bottles for individual things. :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by sexyali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is a great eye makeup remover. Plus it's been helping my eyelashes to get fuller. I also find it helps me with my dandruff problem. When I don't have time to make it myself from scratch I buy it from the website iHerb and use the coupon code KVK250 to get a discount. It so awesome to make it from scratch though. I use mature coconut with the flesh inside hardend. I proceed to blend it with hot water to help draw oil the fat(oil). Then I strain it. Then I refrigerate the coconut milk The fat which is coconut oil hardens at the top and then you can remove it from the rest of the coconut milk. Awesome awesome stuff. I wouldn't live without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 8:28:00 AM More reviews by archt_marj14

I use this for a LOT of things, such as:
1. Oil-pulling in the morning: For whiter teeth, fresher breath, better oral hygiene and improved energy in the morning.
2. Overall body moisturizer
3. Makeup remover
4. Natural deodorant
5. Hair treatment, remedy for split-ends
6. Health supplement: I take 2 tablespoons a day

It's nature's cure-all and wonderworker! Try it and be amazed!