September 2, 2014 | 1994 users online

Powder - Sheer Cover - Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 3:46:00 AM More reviews by beckyrod

I've been using Sheer Cover for about 5 years, and it was the first makeup I found that matches my fair-medium, warm/yellowish undertoned skin. I use the medium selection, which comes with buff and latte. Buff is a good match for me all year round, but during summer when my skin gets slightly tanned, I like to use the latte as a bronzer. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, and this has never made my acne worse or irritated my skin. I've tried other drugstore mineral makeup, such as Maybelline and Loreal, and they irritated my face and made me break out. I do have to blot often due to my oiliness, and it doesn't last me all day. Towards the end of the day you can notice the powder starting to crease and set into any fine lines. I do NOT recommend ordering from the website or infomercials. You will get locked into monthly payments, and they keep sending and charging you for new kits before you even finish what you have. Now that I know my shade, I order from ebay and amazon. I pay about $15 a powder, and the powder usually lasts me 4-6 months. All in all, I recommend trying this if you know your shades and order from ebay or amazon, or can find it cheap anywhere else.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2011 5:06:00 AM More reviews by dellaelvina

I've used several mineral products before but this was the first one I've used. At first it was great and I had some people complementing my skin. But then I wanted to try other mineral products and see how it differs, now that I compare it, it's not much different to the others I've used that's cheaper. All the mineral foundations I've used does not last all day since my skin tend to get very oily in some areas.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2011 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Amomof5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used it for a while and made my skin itch. I don't ever use it anymore because of that. Didn't do anything spectacular.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by JataLynn

Its too expensive and doesn't do what was promised. Barely any coverage and makes my skin look oily. Bad

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by makeupis4everyone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a man and with some acne scaring. I normally use Bare Minerals, which gives me a nice, even skin tone without looking like I have caked on makeup. The Sheer Cover has a strange smell that reminds me of a old lady. It's a "cheep makeup" smell that is quite strong. Also I did not find the coverage as even and light as Bare Minerals. With this I can tell tell that I have makeup on, whereas BM just evens-out my skin.I also found it hard to find the specific product (mainly just the foundation) I wanted without buying a whole kit, full of things I will not use. I did not like that I had to mix shades to get my color. Bare Minerals goes on right out of the container and evenly matches my skin tone without any fuss. If you are a Bare Minerals user, I say stick with it. This dose not even come close, it's more comparable to Wet N' Wilde then a high-end foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as an alternative to my Bare Minerals, which I swore by! The infomercial looked promising so I decided to order it. I really wanted to love this product but I just couldn't. The first thing that got to me was the smell, it smelled horrible, like really cheap makeup. I could't get the coverage that it promised either. And unlike my usual mineral makeup, it felt so cakey on my skin like I was wearing liquid foundation. Halfway through the day it looked even worse. I live in NC so the humidity in the summer is killer and this makeup just could not hold up in it at all. It was even more cakey than when I put it on. I think the thing I couldn't get over though was the smell. I just couldn't stand it. The only thing I liked was the brushes that came with it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2011 1:10:00 AM More reviews by GreenEyedLady

The foundation colors were a better match for my skin and they provided coverage without looking powdery. Easy to apply. I liked Sheer Cover better than Bare Minerals.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:58:00 PM More reviews by KB0113

Strayed away from bare escentuals for one minute...and regretted it. This product is nowhere near as good. It had NO coverage at all. The only thing i DID find useful were the brushes, which i've kept. Do not recommend this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by cheerz2u

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really wanted to love this product. I even tried it twice. I found my match no problem (colorwise) but I could not get the coverage I wanted. It promised to cover my acne scars (which are few and are light to begin with) and it did nothing for me. The more I put on, the cakier it got. The concealer worked wonders at first but by the end of the day you could see where I had put it (and I did not put it on very heavy). This product also promised to cover rosacia. When this product didn't work for me, I gave it to my MIL who has severe rosacia and if anything it made it look worse and more noticeable. The price is ridiculous and the "freebies" that you get (such as an eye palette, etc) are not worth it IMHO. The eye palette was so sheer you really could not tell what color they were (neutrals and some purples) so I gave it to my 9 year old for playing with on the weekends when we don't go anywhere. Very expensive and didn't work for me or my mother inlaw. :( AND it was very hard to get customer service to cancel my shipment. I had to call and complain twice because they kept sending it to me and each time said, "huh, it says you are cancelled" and had to ship back and wait to get refunded on my card. I also had to call one last time after this because I didn't get the product but they charged my card anyways :/

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by stars80

I have been using this for the last 4 years and I am a combo-oily acne prone woman. It was a bit tricky in the beginning because I am very fair (NW20) so once I got my colours worked out (Frost in winter, Bisque in spring and in summer Bisque with some bronzer) it has been lovely. My issue is the packaging and the price and how you get your hands on the product, but as for the actual product, it works great! I went through a terrible time with adult acne and this did not aggrevate it any more. The coverage is very buildable which you need when your skin is under stress and the concealer does a great job at covering the blemishes and acne scars. If your like me and you want to use as minimal makeup as possible, but get good coverage that lasts, then this will do the trick. It has a satin finish so for my oily skin it gets a bit shiny pretty quick, but its nothing my MAC Blot powder (Medium) can't fix. Hope this helps :)