Sheer Cover Sheer Cover - Mineral Foundation

3.0

2011 Reformulation: Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 12.00%. Inactive Ingredients: Boron Nitride, Bisabolol, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain ( /-): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499

on 11/16/2011 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. Actually when I first purchased it I didn't like it at all. I stopped using it for a while but after I ran out of my liquid foundation I decided to give this another chance. To my surprise it was amazing, I realized that I was using it all wrong. Now that I've learned how to apply it better I can't live without it. It' also a plus that it keeps my skin clear with all it's natural product.

I ran out the mineral foundation so I returned back to my liquid foundation and it broke me out so bad. I called sheer cover and had them ship me out another shipment asap. I have acne prone skin and oily skin this product really stays on for the day although touch ups are always are necessary. But my point is this is a great product and the good thing about it is you can customize your kit so it's not super expensive. I actually think its pretty affordable and I'm an undergrad student.

I've tried other mineral products but honestly I don't think anything compares to this. This is my HG mineral foundation. I highly recommend it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I used this product for 3 years when I was 19-21 and I loved it! Back then my skin was pretty clear and had little flaws except for redness under my cheeks. I used the concealer for that area and the Light/Fair kit for the rest of my face. It really evened my skintone out and worked great. People thought I didn't wear makeup and always complimented me on my skin. Later on, I needed more coverage so this makeup became obsolete.

on 10/5/2011 6:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I have bought this a few times in Golden i must say i love you buff it in and it gives you a wonderful glow. I have tried a million mineral losse powders MAC, Bare essectials Non branded and branded but this tuff is amazing.

on 9/25/2011 4:50:00 AM

I love this product I tell you what I tried diffrent products so that I would not have to order it with no luck so now I have all these products that don't work and in the long run I end up back with sheer cover I happen to have a touch of redness and some scares witch it covers great and the brushes are the best I would recomend this to anyone

on 9/4/2011 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is nothing special. I guess i just bought it because im a sucker for info-mertials. Its very light with pretty much no coverage. the colors that i got for medium shades ( buff, latte) were just weird colors. I took a break from this for awhile then went to put it on for the first time in about a month and i wasnt used to seeing the color so i thought it made my face look green. It is fine makeup for people who dont need any coverage and just need a basic healthier look, but for most people, it doesnt really work to well.

on 9/2/2011 3:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using Sheer Cover for about 5 years, and it was the first makeup I found that matches my fair-medium, warm/yellowish undertoned skin. I use the medium selection, which comes with buff and latte. Buff is a good match for me all year round, but during summer when my skin gets slightly tanned, I like to use the latte as a bronzer. I have very sensitive and acne-prone skin, and this has never made my acne worse or irritated my skin. I've tried other drugstore mineral makeup, such as Maybelline and Loreal, and they irritated my face and made me break out. I do have to blot often due to my oiliness, and it doesn't last me all day. Towards the end of the day you can notice the powder starting to crease and set into any fine lines. I do NOT recommend ordering from the website or infomercials. You will get locked into monthly payments, and they keep sending and charging you for new kits before you even finish what you have. Now that I know my shade, I order from ebay and amazon. I pay about $15 a powder, and the powder usually lasts me 4-6 months. All in all, I recommend trying this if you know your shades and order from ebay or amazon, or can find it cheap anywhere else.

on 8/4/2011 5:06:00 AM

I've used several mineral products before but this was the first one I've used. At first it was great and I had some people complementing my skin. But then I wanted to try other mineral products and see how it differs, now that I compare it, it's not much different to the others I've used that's cheaper. All the mineral foundations I've used does not last all day since my skin tend to get very oily in some areas.

on 7/25/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Used it for a while and made my skin itch. I don't ever use it anymore because of that. Didn't do anything spectacular.

on 6/5/2011 8:58:00 PM

Its too expensive and doesn't do what was promised. Barely any coverage and makes my skin look oily. Bad

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I am a man and with some acne scaring. I normally use Bare Minerals, which gives me a nice, even skin tone without looking like I have caked on makeup. The Sheer Cover has a strange smell that reminds me of a old lady. It's a "cheep makeup" smell that is quite strong. Also I did not find the coverage as even and light as Bare Minerals. With this I can tell tell that I have makeup on, whereas BM just evens-out my skin.I also found it hard to find the specific product (mainly just the foundation) I wanted without buying a whole kit, full of things I will not use. I did not like that I had to mix shades to get my color. Bare Minerals goes on right out of the container and evenly matches my skin tone without any fuss. If you are a Bare Minerals user, I say stick with it. This dose not even come close, it's more comparable to Wet N' Wilde then a high-end foundation.