Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 11/9/2012 8:04:00 AM

My BF swears by it - he puts it all over his tanned strong body , shaved head and face ( normal to dry face) - i tried on my fair skin face and body and looked oily and dirty - then got pimples so its a big NO for me and a big YES for him - saying that i do use it on my eye area when i run out of eye cream as it is rich enough - but i dont find that absorbing and hate the oil feeling except on my man ! : )

on 10/29/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is not really moisturizing enough for my skin (body or face) but I like to use it on the ends of my hair. The smell is beautiful. While a glass bottle is great for the product, it would be better if the bottle came with a different type of "dispenser" I think.

on 10/14/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Actual rating should be 3.5. I only tried this recently as I received a sample of it from the local sample box system. I still have yet to try this on my face and body because I am still quite skeptical but will try it one day. And I have never tried dry oil at all so I'm still on the fence.

I have used this on my hair because my hair was feeling a little parched from the blowdrying I did and so I washed my hair and used a few drops on the ends of my hair while it was still damp and let it air dry. This smells absolutely amazing and not really that perfumey like people said. I could still pick up the nutty smell in this and this makes my hair smells lovely. However, I do have an oily scalp and fine hair so I can't use this too often as it weighs down my hair and makes it even greasier. I will use it as a leave-in treatment before or after blowdrying(depends on how I want it) or a treatment before I straighten my hair which makes my hair really soft but still styled.

I won't be repurchasing because I think that sample can last me quite a while as I won't be using it everyday due to it being over-indulging. I may come in and edit my review once I tried it on my body and face plus reworking it with my hair.

on 10/11/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this product from a local beauty box. I love it! The smell is good without being overpowering and my skin is softer without being oily or icky. I'd choose this over body butter from now on. I also use this when I take a long bath in the tub. Just a few drops and it works wonders. The softness of my skin lasts long.

on 10/6/2012 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I tried this on my hands and arms in a shop, thought 'hmm, nice scent, but it's just a body oil like loads of others'. An hour or so later I noticed my hands and arms felt deliciously soft and smooth, but not oily or sticky at all, just moisturized. Amazing for me - I have horrible dry, papery skin. But even my elbows felt softer.
So I went back and bought it, and am not disappointed. The smell is light, fresh, slightly flowery, but not at all overpowering. The effects last and last, and a little goes a long way which is why I think this product is good value compared to cheaper body lotions/butters that you have to slop all over you to get the same effect. With this, I just a couple of sprays on each leg, one for each arm, one for the chest and smooth in (and this is for ultra dry skin).
My advice: don't judge this on the first application - leave it on for an hour and see how your skin feels. The bottle is classy, too, a nice change from plastic.

on 9/17/2012 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I love dry oils on my skin and I love this one as well . Dry oils also love my " pushing 60" skin.
Nuxe had me at the glass bottle. It indicates to me that it is a premium product. And... the idea that it is from France totally sold me.
I know it is a little indulgent and silly but I do like that it is a French product and that fact makes me feel somewhat sophisticated when I use it.

Nuxe has a wonderful scent. The scent may not be for everyone. I like the scent and it doesn't last so it isn't really a problem.

I bought this product on sale and would use it again if I could get it on sale again.
At the usual price I would have to say no and maybe go for jojoba or bio oil. (They are both lovely and I sometimes add a drop of my own rosewood essential oil to the jojoba.)

on 8/16/2012 11:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This product wowed me so-so much! It surpassed all of my expectations and lived up to all of its claims - we all know how rare that is!!! It moisturizes deeply, absorbs really quickly without a greasy film on the surface, leaves a glowy sheen on the skin and smells amazing. I dont have to worry about staining my clothing and/or standing around for 10 minutes waiting for it to sink in - who has that kind of time every day?
The scent is pure summer in a bottle and for me doubles as a fragrance that lingers hours after application...reminding me of all things tropical, warm and dare i say "sexy"!
I am a skincare junkie always on the lookout for the new thing i need to try, meaning that i rarely re-purchase the same product BUT this is one of the few staples that i hoard and always have on hand. I have used the "gold-bronze-shimmer" version of this and loved it as well but the original is the multi-purpose star to be used year-round, while the bronzy oil looks best in the summer (especially in the evenings!). If you are new to skincare oils this is a sure thing and worth investing in - look for it in the trial sets if you are still on the fence (but you shouldnt be!)

on 8/15/2012 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Beautiful dry oil. So luxe I feel like a million bucks when I put it on my body. Smells amazing. Absorbs nicely and I have oily skin so this is a bonus! Website says to add it to your body lotion when applying so this is what I do because i couldn't afford solely moisturizing my whole body with this everyday. Haven't tried on hair or face because as I said I'm super oily in those areas and I don't want to risk breaking out or looking like an oil slick any sooner than I already do naturally. Packaging is stunning on my bathroom counter but oil and glass is very safe, creates a very slippery bottle when applying. But I'll take beauty over function any day! I want to wrap this up and give it to all my family and firends at Christmas! Then again, I like a little mystery beauty secret....

on 8/5/2012 5:33:00 AM

I bought a nuxe kit of 5 of their products in a case on sale for $10.I had never tried the line before,so I was pleasantly surprised the next day after using the oil under luxe moisturizer,that my skin was soft and the lines softened.My lips especially. looked fuller and more smooth.after putting the oil on them.The oil has a wonderful honeysuckle scent,to it.

on 7/12/2012 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hi, my name is LibertyRose and I am a body oil fiend. For a long time I was content with Fresh and Nars but decided to venture out. I didn't have high expectations for Nuxe bc I don't like the smell of its famed honey products, but was pleasantly surprised. The scent is terrific! However, I can't give this a five-star review bc it takes a backseat to Fresh and Nars in terms of hydrating power. Still a v good oil, just not the best.