October 25, 2014 | 946 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nuxe - Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 5:33:00 AM More reviews by kerrybabyxx

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought a nuxe kit of 5 of their products in a case on sale for $10.I had never tried the line before,so I was pleasantly surprised the next day after using the oil under luxe moisturizer,that my skin was soft and the lines softened.My lips especially. looked fuller and more smooth.after putting the oil on them.The oil has a wonderful honeysuckle scent,to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 10:35:00 AM More reviews by LibertyRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Hi, my name is LibertyRose and I am a body oil fiend. For a long time I was content with Fresh and Nars but decided to venture out. I didn't have high expectations for Nuxe bc I don't like the smell of its famed honey products, but was pleasantly surprised. The scent is terrific! However, I can't give this a five-star review bc it takes a backseat to Fresh and Nars in terms of hydrating power. Still a v good oil, just not the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2012 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Meowzilla

I took the 'trouble' to join here and write an online review about something, for the first time in my life. This product for me, is crazy! I am 38, have been taking good care of my skin since I was 11-12 (thanks Mom!). I have oily nose and chin, and over the years got super dry everywhere else. No matter what I do (facials, using quality product and following a good regimen) my pores fill up, I get whiteheads 2 days after a great facial at a Spa. My cheeks are so dry that for the last 3 years I have been using a hydrating mask as a cream on those spots. Long story short I have to have so many product, in my bag, in my home so that I can comfort my skin. People compliment my skin lot, don't get me wrong, but if they only knew of my secret lab and the time I spend trying to keep it the way it appears :))) I usually wake up with skin flakes on my nose. If I wash my face or shower, I MUST apply something ASAP or else my skin will tighten up like a drum. This is history now: I saw a $15 sample kit of Nuxe about 10 days ago, purchased it and my skin care regimen has changed, for life!!! Who would think applying oil would stop sebum oozing out of the pores on my nose??? Make my face feel like a baby's bum when I wake up? Can wash my face and not apply anything after and enjoy my coffee with comfortable skin? Stop the need to reach for creams in my bag 5 times a day to touch up that dry feeling on some parts of my face???? Oh Nuxe, how did I not discover you decades ago?
I bought 2 more sample kits because the store did not have the regular size oil on stock. Now I have 3 mini bottles of the oil, purchased a full size of the glitter oil for body, purchased the eye cream, the reve de miel lip balm - (the best balm I have ever used, and I tossed 3 balms that were not performing right away), the eye cream. Slowly but surely all the product in my arsenal will read Nuxe. I have a 10 ml bottle in my bag and nothing else: I use it on my hand, nails and cuticles, body, face, dry skin patches. Run my fingers on my hair after applying. One light application in the morning on my face, I ride my bike to work against the wind, sweat, and when I arrive my usually drying forehead and cheeks are still like silk and my nose, with all the sweat, is not oily at all. Bizarre, weird, but this product is the best thing that has happened to me in the history of My Skincare Adventure ever. Sorry, just can't stop talking about it. The smell is wonderful, too. I am smitten. One thing to add: I don't make a lot of money. Which means I am not rich enough to keep buying inferior, empty-promise stuff and not get value out of them and keep buying and buying. So when I see a product like this, the tag does not matter. I can't afford 250 $ shoes, but I surely will spend on a solid product like this. I see the Nuxe line being rated as expensive, but I am giving it a 3 because I feel this is a steal for what it gives back to you.

32 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Camillian74

What impressed me most about the nuxe oils is the ingredients for the price. 6 Precious Oils (Borage, St. John's Wort, Sweet Almond, Camellia, Hazelnet Hazelnut and Macadamia) and Vitamin E --alll really good and nourishing to the skin. All and all I really do love this product. It dries quickly, smells nice, and helps me not streak when I put on self tanner/body tint. Also use it in my hair which is a huge plus!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by alicehump

Oh, my! Such an amazing product that is really multipurpose! I was quite sceptical and always thought it was one of these overpriced over-hyped products but I couldn't be more wrong! I got a 15 ml GWP sample at the drugstore and was amazed! I was using it on my cuticles/nails, body, hair. It smells divine - like a bouquet of flowers with some monoi in it. I love it!
As for the use - my nails are healthy again, my cuticles are soft, my hair is looking and feeling so much healthier than before and my knees and elbows are so so so soft! Wow! What I do is use it nightly on my hands gently massaging it in my cuticles, I rub it in my hair the night before I wash it and use it as a body oil every few days. And the best part is that it takes less than 5 minutes to dry (not sure how many minutes but it is faster than some of my lotions).
And think about the price - you don't need a hair oil, cuticle oil and special lotions for knees and elbows so it is actually cheap (in Eurore at least, I have no idea how it is in the other parts of the world). So I really recommend it! Buy it or at least try it

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 2:26:00 AM More reviews by adara260

True Rating: 4.1/5.0

I bought this product due to the hype from new london pharmacy. I bought the OR form of the oil which has golden shimmer particles in it.

Scent: Love it! Its subtle and it lasts awhile. Its hard to describe. Its very...French LOL. Its classy, sophisticated without being artificial or too flowery.

Glimmers: I like them, they're subtle without being too garish. They actually stay on pretty long compared to other shimmer body products. Would I pay another 11 dollars for it again? No.

Moisturizing Effect: My skin is super dry. This oil did moisturize my skin but I don't think it did it better than any other multitude of products that I've used. And because this product is so expensive, I feel bad using it!

Overall I wouldn't buy this product again because of the price without a great discount. I really like this product but it isn't a must have for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by shelnmum

I finally purchased a 100ml bottle of this dry oil over the weekend as there was a 20% off at my local beauty store. I have read so much about this and had always wanted to try it. I must admit what attracted me is the scent, I felt like I am on a beach holiday :) The oil is easily absorbed and leaves my skin soft. (I have only used this twice over the weekend and I used it after my shower at night.) I think the 100ml bottle will last me for a good while :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2012 11:45:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I got this as a sample at a French pharmacy. I had never heard of this product and was thinking of giving it away to my mom. Then I read a couple of reviews and decided to try it on.

I had a couple of really bad skin reactions to products this past winter when my skin became super dry (it's otherwise super oily!). My skn became red, irritated, flaky and when I tried moisturising with anything else, I broke out. I tried the Nuxe dry oil and in a couple of days, my skin was perfectly fixed! It's great because it doesn't feel greasy at all. I now have the Egyptian magic cream and I would try that as well if I ever had the same problem.

Back to Nuxe, I love the packaging too - so French. I was lucky to get this free and even the little bottle will go along way (so handy to carry around too!) but I would purchase it again anyway. It's nice for the hair too!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 6:11:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't get the hype of this product. Yeah, it smells good, but that's about it. It's ridiculously expensive. It's not hydrating enough for my body at all. It adds some shine, but not for long, any regular body butter does better shinewise. It weighs my hair down, and makes it looks greasy (I tried to use just a few drops, still makes it greasy).

In terms of hydration it performs like any drugstore moisturiser at ten times the price. And it's in a very unhandy oil form, but doesn't have the benefits of an oil (solid hydration). I just don't get it. Maybe it's for people with oily skin only? Will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It doesn't moisturize skin, quite the opposite. When I dabbed it around my eyes, my wrinkles considerably worsened.

On my hair, this was a miserable failure (I tried it on dry hair, on damp hair, mixed with other products or straight). Mostly, it did nothing, or it made my hair crunchy if I put a little more.

I just found out that the number one ingredient in this stuff is isopropyl isostearate, 5 out 5 on the comedogenic scale!

To top it all off, after a couple of time handling the bottle (very slippery), the white lettering started coming off. So I would have tiny little alphabet soup of letters transferred on my hands and skin.

I had waited such a long time to buy that product. It really did seem wonderful. Alas.

13 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No