Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (Multipurpose dry oil)

4.2

Isopropyl Isostearate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil*, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Corylus Avellana Nut Oil/Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Parfum/Fragrance, Tocopherol, Borago Officinale Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinus Officinale (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Solanum Lycopersicum (Tomato) Fruit/Leaf/Stem Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool [N1005/D]

on 1/29/2013 5:30:00 PM

I bought this on sale and I adore it for my hair. It is so smooth and lush and smells divine. I apply 3 or 4 drops to toweldried hair, mostly through the lengths, and blot with a towel afterwards. It doesn't seem to weigh my hair down too much. Now, make no mistake...it won't make any permanent or even lasting improvements to your hair. Hair is DEAD PROTEIN so no product will "improve the health of your hair". This oil does give the look of healthier hair and makes it feel ridiculously soft so it's good in my book :)

on 1/27/2013 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Received as a deluxe sample from Birchbox (when the samples great deluxe sized and not packettes). The smell is divine. My hair and skin absorbed this oil well. Just too pricey for me...sticking with argan oil for now.

on 12/28/2012 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

That oil smells divine!It does leaves the skin super soft and smooth! It does penetrates the skin rapidly! Leaves no residues!It does smells like orange flowers and almonds! It goes really well and it`s perfect for any season! Love it!

on 12/8/2012 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading some positive reviews, I splashed out on a 100ml bottle. I so wanted to love this, but it's not meant to be...
So, I have been using it only on my body, not face or hair. As a previous poster said, I get the feeling it just sits on the skin, without being really absorbed. At first my my skin feels softer, but the next day there isn't really a difference - unlike some other oils (not dry) that I have tried.
On the plus side, it smells lovely!
I will keep this bottle and use it, but once it is done, I will not repurchase.

Update (18/05/2013): I still feel this is not really moisturising on my body (I use it more as a scented lotion, it smells divine). However, I tried a tiny bit on my tangled hair and it was excellent, smoothing the ends and making it altogether fluffier. I basically spritzed a bit in my hands, rubbed them and combed the ends of my hair with my fingers. I accidentally put a bit near the roots and there the hair felt heavier/greasier than I would have liked. Another time, I used a rather generous amount (several spritzes) on dry hair about half an hour before ashing it. After shampooing it (3 times, I had put that much on!) my hair felt much softer and looked shinier. All in all, it's great on hair.

on 12/3/2012 4:47:00 AM

I apply this to my legs after shaving and find it moisturises well without leaving an oily residue. I like the ritual of it. Other than that I use HP mainly for the scent, which is terrific: soothing, summery and relaxing. Great as a bedtime scent in the summer, unless it is a really hot night (in which case you probably won't want anything). Wonderful!

on 11/14/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Had no idea what this was as the language is in french on the sample.. I threw it on my face (yeah, I know) not knowing if that was what the use was for and the next day my skin looked and felt amazing.. Been using sparingly for the last few days at night over my Lancome serum and I love this stuff... My skin in general looks better and my makeup application looks better the next day... I purchased my first bottle today and can't wait to get it... I don't find it THAT expensive compared to most high end brands.. I truly have enjoyed using the sample and look forward to making this a staple in my skin care routine at night! :-)

on 11/9/2012 8:04:00 AM

My BF swears by it - he puts it all over his tanned strong body , shaved head and face ( normal to dry face) - i tried on my fair skin face and body and looked oily and dirty - then got pimples so its a big NO for me and a big YES for him - saying that i do use it on my eye area when i run out of eye cream as it is rich enough - but i dont find that absorbing and hate the oil feeling except on my man ! : )

on 10/29/2012 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is not really moisturizing enough for my skin (body or face) but I like to use it on the ends of my hair. The smell is beautiful. While a glass bottle is great for the product, it would be better if the bottle came with a different type of "dispenser" I think.

on 10/14/2012 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Actual rating should be 3.5. I only tried this recently as I received a sample of it from the local sample box system. I still have yet to try this on my face and body because I am still quite skeptical but will try it one day. And I have never tried dry oil at all so I'm still on the fence.

I have used this on my hair because my hair was feeling a little parched from the blowdrying I did and so I washed my hair and used a few drops on the ends of my hair while it was still damp and let it air dry. This smells absolutely amazing and not really that perfumey like people said. I could still pick up the nutty smell in this and this makes my hair smells lovely. However, I do have an oily scalp and fine hair so I can't use this too often as it weighs down my hair and makes it even greasier. I will use it as a leave-in treatment before or after blowdrying(depends on how I want it) or a treatment before I straighten my hair which makes my hair really soft but still styled.

I won't be repurchasing because I think that sample can last me quite a while as I won't be using it everyday due to it being over-indulging. I may come in and edit my review once I tried it on my body and face plus reworking it with my hair.

on 10/11/2012 9:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this product from a local beauty box. I love it! The smell is good without being overpowering and my skin is softer without being oily or icky. I'd choose this over body butter from now on. I also use this when I take a long bath in the tub. Just a few drops and it works wonders. The softness of my skin lasts long.