Tarte Lights Camera Lashes

3.8

Ingredients: Aqua, oryza sativa (rice) bran wax, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated stearyl olive esters, stearic acid, cera carnauba, triethanolamine, alcohol, candelilla cera, acacia senegal gum, panthenol, VP/VA copolymer, polyvinyl alcohol, aminomethylpropanediol, chlorphenesin, iron oxides (CI 77499).

on 6/4/2014 3:24:00 AM

The main reason I bought this mascara was because I needed to spend $10 more at sephora online in order to get free shipping on my total order, so I ordered this in the mini size to my cart for $10. I also liked that it was a small size of mascara because we all know we're supposed to throw mascara out after 3 months or so, and having a small size means I will get to use it all before throwing away. So, I do like that this mascara doesn't clump, and it does make my lashes look better than if I weren't wearing mascara. But it just doesn't give me the length or volume that I get from my usual mascaras that I use (LancĂ´me Hypnose Star, Hypnose Drama, Defincils). I won't be repurchasing after the 3 months is up.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this mascara based on reviews here & the Sephora mua who recommended it to me when I went in to replace my favourite Lancome Definicils. It's an 'average' mascara, but honestly I can buy a cheaper drug store one that will do the same thing as this product does. My biggest complaint is that it doesn't hold the curl. I put on two coats and can get some good volume and length, but then within a half hour my lashes have drooped. It's ok only if I do a third coat with Definicils or Loreal Telescopic. I haven't experienced flaking or smudging...just the droop, which is a deal breaker for me. I'll use up this tube but I won't purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This mascara is awesome! I get all kinds of compliments on my eyelashes when I'm wearing it. But I do not think that it is clump proof, but I still love it.

on 4/22/2014 1:46:00 AM

This is a very decent mascara. I'm always on the lookout for THE mascara. I just repurchased after taking a break to try some of the DS brands that were recommended. I bought a 3 pack from QVC which made the price much more reasonable, about $10 a tube.
This mascara goes on so nicely and doesn't clump or flake on me. It give my lashes great length and lasts all day. Two coats and I'm good to go. My lashes feel soft, no spider look. I also like that it has healthy ingredients. The packaging is kinda wonky........not sure why they put it in the purple quilted leather thing......maybe to be different?
I'm sure I will continue to shop around for the HG of mascaras but right now I'm very happy with Lights, Camera, Lashes.

on 4/9/2014 3:15:00 PM

Well, I relied on numerous reviewier opinions, and not just on MUA, for Tarte's Lights Camera Lashes mascara before I finally purchased it. 1st the good news (and I only have 1 remark for good news): It does lengthen my sparse, thin lashes. Now on to the problems that I encountered: It was not very volumizing, unless I really layered it on. The color was not a dark, glossy black. More in line with a dark brown color (even though I purchased the black shade). It was extremely difficult to remove with my usual makeup remover wipes, which equals irritation from all the rubbing and pulling of the delicate eye area. However, the worst problem: It migrated, it smudged. That is just a flat deal breaker with a mascara. It didn't flake, but it smudged under my eyes after 3-4 hours of wear. Unforgivable. For the price point of this mascara and even if it were only $2 bucks, if it smudges it's junk - garbage - in my book. Who wants to walk around with black smudges underneath their eyes? Not me. So, alas I'm back to Josie Maran's Bogo mascara. It does not smudge, it removes easily, and I love the dark, sooty black it imparts.

on 4/6/2014 7:32:00 PM

Boy, oh boy. I have never used high end mascaras before until recently. This was one of the ones that I tried after reading good reviews!? This mascara flakes.like.crazy!!!! Smudging is an issue as well. For now, I am going to stick with my drugstore mascara, nothing has been able to beat it yet!

on 4/6/2014 3:29:00 AM

I have a trial size of this mascara so it looks a bit different from the original packaging. Mine is a regular mascara tube in dark purple color with fishnet stocking pattern and white print. A nice packaging. The wand is quite long and thick. Makes my lashes look longer and fuller. Quite a good mascara! Used it with the lash primer from Tarte and then it works even better!

on 4/3/2014 1:37:00 PM

This mascara, in the regular formula, doesn't work for my "Asian" (short, thin, point straight down) lashes. I like the initial effect on my lashes, but it doesn't hold the curl and my lashes droop pretty shortly after application. It doesn't seem that special to me though, and it was similar to a Neutrogena mascara that drugstore.com sent as a bonus with purchase several years ago. When I tried it, I remember thinking it was a nice formula that coated my lashes very nicely, but it would smudge when my eyes teared. This Tarte mascara feels and looks the same way going on, coating my lashes very nicely, even with a very simlar brush to the Neutrogena. I don't think you need to pay $19 for this mascara. I'm not crazy about the purple, bulky packaging.

on 3/20/2014 11:22:00 AM

I got this for $10 a the Ulta 21 days of beauty. It is ok. It is more on the natural side, but gave me soft fluttery lashes and left me bright eyed like I like. But there is no way I would pay full price for this mascara when there are so many just as good if not better options at the drugstore. It actually reminded me of Cover Girl's Super Thick Lash mascara.

on 3/19/2014 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I just purchased this during Ulta's 21 days of beauty. I bought it during my lunch break, and immediately applied it in the car's rearview mirror. I'm not a big mascara person, so I'm not usually wowed by mascara. But, Wow! It applied so smoothly without clumps, lengthened, and left a smooth black sheen. My lashes look full, separated, and healthy with length. Normally, I don't wear mascara on a daily basis. However, since I've perfected my version of a minimalist, nude look, I've been wanting to add something to emphasize my eyes. However, I'm reluctant to wear mascara only a daily basis because it dries out your lashes. What changed my mind about daily wear is the fact that this one supposedly has nourishing ingredients, and they don't look dry and brittle while wearing like it does with most mascaras. My lashes have such a healthy sheen, this would be a very pretty and easy add to my look. However, I would only repurchase during a sale like this.