December 19, 2014 | 1501 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Lights Camera Lashes

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by kalihagen1

I have been trying a wide range of mascaras for years, never particularly happy with any of the results I have gotten. I received this product for a birthday present in a smaller, travel sized tube. At first, I was skeptical about the mascara because I had never used Tarte. However, after the first application I was hooked! The mascara makes my eyes look so bright and not only adds volume but lengthens as well.. I would buy this product a million times over again! Definite HG product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I got this mascara in the tarte gift of giving kit and I gotta say it does a very decent job :) This mascara is extremely good at seperating and coating each lash giving them a lot of length.
It also doesnt clumb or smear. The formula isnt too wet or dry, a bit in between. I havent had this mascara for long but I can imagine it drying out rather quickly. Also I think this mascara lacks a bit in the volume department. My lashing end up looking long, but there isnt much volume to them unless you coat them 4 times or something.
So i would recommend using a volumising mascara first and then top it off with this one, I tried that with max factor false lash effect and it looked great :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a list of many mascaras that I like but I finally tried this one about four months back I'm very glad I did! This is my new holy grail mascara. I had tried Tartes other mascara in the gold case similar to this one and thought that one did nothing for my lashes. The brush was terrible and it never dried, so that discouraged me from trying this one. But these two mascaras couldn't be more different! This ones brush is a traditional style brush, which I love. If you apply this mascara correctly then you can really make ur lashes amazingly long & full of volume. It's not a super wet or really dry formula, somewhere in the middle. Doesn't flake at all and is easily removable. This is made from good for u ingredients & not all those toxins that are bad for u. Tarte is known for their "good for u makeup." Give this one a try and I'm sure you'll be glad u did!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I absolutely loved this at first, it gave me full lashes. Stupid packaging and too much money, but the effect was nice. Now? Clump city! I tried wiping the brush on a tissue to get rid of product but to no avail. Chunks of mascara on my eyes that a comb can't get rid of. I feel like the formula got thickened quickly or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by tofubabiee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I already went through 3 bottles of this. I love that it lengthens my lashes and it holds the curl so well. But it does lack volume...

I tend to have oily lids so a lot of mascara's run for me, this one does not.. so I like that I do not have raccoon eyes by the end of the day!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

This mascara came in my QVC kit and I had heard so many rave things about it. I need a mascara that hold up my lash curl and this is not it. I can see how someone else who doesn't have a problem with curl might like it because it look nice and natural and it is a drier formula. It also doesn't seem to clump which is nice but it's too bad that it doesn't accentuate my lashes like other mascaras either.

Whenever I use this I look like I don't even have lashes. I need to use something that has strong holding and volume. Very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by laureg

This is a great mascara! But the real star is the brush. The brush does a great job of individually separating and applying mascara to each lash, fanning out my lashes beautifully and making them look long and full (for the record, I have very straight, medium length lashes). It doesn't flake, clump or smear, and the mascara doesn't migrate all over to give racoon eyes. I especially love that since the brush separates and coats each lash so well, this mascara is really buildable- you can apply a LOT of it to make your lashes really full (giving your lashes an almost "fake lashes" look), with no clumping. The product also comes off really easily with cleanser or remover. All in all, a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by thekyayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this mascara about two weeks ago and I actually REALLY like it!
I love the length it gives my lashes! It's a dry formula which is my preference. It also doesn't flake at all for me. I did not notice a scent to it which is great because I hate stinky mascara's.
The only reason why I would not repurchase this is because of the price. I find I get the same length and volume from my Almay Get up and Grow mascara which costs 8$ instead of 25$.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ihraracerkim

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The old formula was better. The new formula I purchased a few weeks ago flaked, irritated my eyes and did not volumize as well as the formula I had purchased 3 years ago. Returned in exchanged for the Amazonian Clay gifted mascara and am loving it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by phoenixg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was actually pleasantly surprised by this! My all time favorite is Benefit's They're Real! which defines and lengthens my lashes beautifully. I already have long, dark lashes but I just want to make my eyes look more "awake." I got two full size Lights, Camera, Lashes! in my Bow and Go TSV set from QVC and never thought in a million years I'd like it. I separates my lashes, adds just the right amount of length, and really makes my eyes pop. The only thing that bother me: Smell and packaging. It has a little bit of a smell, which I've never noticed in a mascara before, but it's not bad enough that I don't still enjoy using it. The packaging just looks so tacky to me and I wish I could remove the faux purple casing it's in, but this gives the mascara a unique/instantly recognizable look so I guess if that's the signature look they're going for, they got it. Definitely would repurchase.

EDIT 2.28.14: This mascara kept clumping on me after a bit, so I found that wiping the applicator on a tissue and then applying it keeps it clump free, in case anyone has had a problem with that. Still love it!