October 24, 2014 | 1649 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Tina68

This is the product in a tiny bottle with blue liquid. I've been using it 1-2 times a week before I do my nails. You are supposed to keep the product away from your skin, but the liquid is thin enough and the brush small enough that it is very easy to control. I've been applying it for just over a month now my nails are long and seem to be very strong. I don't know it it's just this product though because I started using Orly Nail Armor at the same time and of course I don't want to stop either to find out which is working (I suspect it's the Mavala). Finding Mavala can be a bit of a challenge,but it's a definite staple in my nail case.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 4:09:00 AM More reviews by Meisje

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is excellent!

Iím allergic to nail polish so I canít use a lot of the usual base/top coat style hardeners but this causes me no problems.

Although the instructions recommend putting oil on your cuticles to protect them, I find it easy to avoid my cuticles when painting it on so Iím not sure this is really necessary. Its easy to use and dries very quickly.

My nails felt harder and stronger after the first application and are getting super-strong after a few weeks. Using it once or twice a week as per the instructions the bottle will last a very long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Trailertrashgirl

I really like this product, it works for me. It's a pain having to use regularly (ok so I'm lazy!) but used with other Mavala products (Nailactan rubbed into cuticles at night and Mavaderma in the morning) it's the only thing I find that makes a noticeable difference, my nails are stronger and grow longer. Although it takes a month or two of perseverance to show, I can tell if I don't do it, my nails revert to their flaky weak paper-thin state - probably because I bit them to shreds for 20 years! I continually re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AudreyMarie

I have the kind of awful nails that fray and split as soon as they're past the quick, and this is the only things that has ever helped. Using it every other day helps them to grow out, and then I only use it occasionally for absolutely perfect, strong nails. There is just nothing like it, and I've used every strengthener out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh! I LOOOOOVE this Nail Hardener! Can`t live without!!! It`s THE best! I have used this for years & have long, beautiful natural nails. Before this they where REALLY awful. Packaging Quality is awful though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm giving this a positive rating because it did work by hardening the tips of my nails where I had applied it. You can expect results by the end of two weeks of constant application, but I won't recommend using this for someone who is like me, with a fungal infection of the nail, because it will only make matters worse. It is also quite expensive too for such a small bottle, so it should be applied very sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by tkaste

I have been using this in conjuction with Nail envy for about 5-6 months. My nails no longer split this alone didn't help with the strenth part but for the spliting this worked great. My nails are in great shape. The cost spread out over a year this is a bargin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener is a clear blue liquid that is supposed to moisten the tip of the nail, not the entire nail. It is rather expensive $18 CAD for 10 ml of product but this nail hardener really performs. This bottle is supposed to last for one year according to the product literature.

After putting my nails through a hard week of abuse, dishwashing, keyboarding, there was absolutely no breakage. I am convinced that this product was instrumental in making my nails resilient to breakage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2004 8:39:00 AM More reviews by monik

My nails were always flaking and splitting, and impossible to grow long. I tried other nail strengtheners/hardeners - didn't make much of a difference. I finally bought Mavala's nail hardener (in the pen form) et voila! Not a split nail since (it was only a month ago, but usually my nails split constantly). It seems like the more Mavala products I add, the better my manicure gets. My nails are still not long, they grow really slowly, but they are longer than they have ever been before. This is easy to use, does what it's supposed to, and the price is very reasonable. I will definitely repurchase when I run out - but that won't be for ages.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry to be one of those that did not like this product. I gave it many months, and it just did not deliver at all. I think the high concentration of formaldehyde that is the main ingredient of this stuff actually dried out my nails even more, making them even more prone to peeling and ripping off. My nails were noticeably better when I'd stopped using this for a month, and started taking a multivitamin regularly instead.