Mavala Nail Hardener

4.5

Water, Formaldehyde, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Chamomile Extract, Garlic Extract, Cocamide DEA, Pine Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Lemon Oil, FD&C Blue #

I really liked this at first, I noticed my nails were growing longer and weren't splitting as they always do when they get to a certain length. But they aren't really much harder and there is still some splitting.
I'm using it according to the instructions so it's definitely not overuse. I'm pleased there have been some results but I think I'll try another product. I will repurchase if I don't find anything better.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I really like this product. Ive only used it for a couple of weeks and its the only nail hardener thats actually worked. You dont use much as you just put it on the tips and soaks into the nail. Usually my nails tare and rip off when they get to cretain length but nothing so far!! Will definately buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I remember my mother using this years ago, and I just rediscovered it a few months ago. I always wear nail polish and was getting tired of my nails peeling and splitting. That's a thing of the past since I startd using this. I use it once a week when I do my manicure and that's enough to keep them super strong. The bottle is tiny, but one brushful will do the nails of one hand as you just apply it to the tips, so it lasts forever.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

WoW!! I'm impressed! For the past three months, my nails have been peeling like crazy. I've always had very thin, weak, short nails, so I thought I'd give this a try. I've been using every other day for almost 3 weeks, and my nails look great! - No more peeling, nails are longer than they've ever been (except when pregnant). It's pricey, but well worth it! - I took off one lippie for the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the only nail hardener that work!!! I have very weak nails. Sometimes when I wash my hair, my hair could cut through my nails. I couldnt keep long nails at all during winter. I have tried vitamin pills and countless nail hardener. Nothing works except this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the product in a tiny bottle with blue liquid. I've been using it 1-2 times a week before I do my nails. You are supposed to keep the product away from your skin, but the liquid is thin enough and the brush small enough that it is very easy to control. I've been applying it for just over a month now my nails are long and seem to be very strong. I don't know it it's just this product though because I started using Orly Nail Armor at the same time and of course I don't want to stop either to find out which is working (I suspect it's the Mavala). Finding Mavala can be a bit of a challenge,but it's a definite staple in my nail case.

This stuff is excellent!

Iím allergic to nail polish so I canít use a lot of the usual base/top coat style hardeners but this causes me no problems.

Although the instructions recommend putting oil on your cuticles to protect them, I find it easy to avoid my cuticles when painting it on so Iím not sure this is really necessary. Its easy to use and dries very quickly.

My nails felt harder and stronger after the first application and are getting super-strong after a few weeks. Using it once or twice a week as per the instructions the bottle will last a very long time.

I really like this product, it works for me. It's a pain having to use regularly (ok so I'm lazy!) but used with other Mavala products (Nailactan rubbed into cuticles at night and Mavaderma in the morning) it's the only thing I find that makes a noticeable difference, my nails are stronger and grow longer. Although it takes a month or two of perseverance to show, I can tell if I don't do it, my nails revert to their flaky weak paper-thin state - probably because I bit them to shreds for 20 years! I continually re-purchase.

I have the kind of awful nails that fray and split as soon as they're past the quick, and this is the only things that has ever helped. Using it every other day helps them to grow out, and then I only use it occasionally for absolutely perfect, strong nails. There is just nothing like it, and I've used every strengthener out there!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Oh! I LOOOOOVE this Nail Hardener! Can`t live without!!! It`s THE best! I have used this for years & have long, beautiful natural nails. Before this they where REALLY awful. Packaging Quality is awful though.

Popular Treatments