April 17, 2014 | 1842 users online

Treatments - Mavala - Nail Hardener

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2006 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Trailertrashgirl

I really like this product, it works for me. It's a pain having to use regularly (ok so I'm lazy!) but used with other Mavala products (Nailactan rubbed into cuticles at night and Mavaderma in the morning) it's the only thing I find that makes a noticeable difference, my nails are stronger and grow longer. Although it takes a month or two of perseverance to show, I can tell if I don't do it, my nails revert to their flaky weak paper-thin state - probably because I bit them to shreds for 20 years! I continually re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2005 5:45:00 PM More reviews by AudreyMarie

I have the kind of awful nails that fray and split as soon as they're past the quick, and this is the only things that has ever helped. Using it every other day helps them to grow out, and then I only use it occasionally for absolutely perfect, strong nails. There is just nothing like it, and I've used every strengthener out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2005 8:00:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh! I LOOOOOVE this Nail Hardener! Can`t live without!!! It`s THE best! I have used this for years & have long, beautiful natural nails. Before this they where REALLY awful. Packaging Quality is awful though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2005 3:02:00 AM More reviews by tobacco_flower

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm giving this a positive rating because it did work by hardening the tips of my nails where I had applied it. You can expect results by the end of two weeks of constant application, but I won't recommend using this for someone who is like me, with a fungal infection of the nail, because it will only make matters worse. It is also quite expensive too for such a small bottle, so it should be applied very sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2004 8:24:00 AM More reviews by tkaste

I have been using this in conjuction with Nail envy for about 5-6 months. My nails no longer split this alone didn't help with the strenth part but for the spliting this worked great. My nails are in great shape. The cost spread out over a year this is a bargin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2004 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

Mavala Scientifique Nail Hardener is a clear blue liquid that is supposed to moisten the tip of the nail, not the entire nail. It is rather expensive $18 CAD for 10 ml of product but this nail hardener really performs. This bottle is supposed to last for one year according to the product literature.

After putting my nails through a hard week of abuse, dishwashing, keyboarding, there was absolutely no breakage. I am convinced that this product was instrumental in making my nails resilient to breakage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2004 8:39:00 AM More reviews by monik

My nails were always flaking and splitting, and impossible to grow long. I tried other nail strengtheners/hardeners - didn't make much of a difference. I finally bought Mavala's nail hardener (in the pen form) et voila! Not a split nail since (it was only a month ago, but usually my nails split constantly). It seems like the more Mavala products I add, the better my manicure gets. My nails are still not long, they grow really slowly, but they are longer than they have ever been before. This is easy to use, does what it's supposed to, and the price is very reasonable. I will definitely repurchase when I run out - but that won't be for ages.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry to be one of those that did not like this product. I gave it many months, and it just did not deliver at all. I think the high concentration of formaldehyde that is the main ingredient of this stuff actually dried out my nails even more, making them even more prone to peeling and ripping off. My nails were noticeably better when I'd stopped using this for a month, and started taking a multivitamin regularly instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by marimic

This is the best product that I have found so far in the market. I have been wearing fake nails for the past 10 years. So you can imagine how weak my nails were before starting to use this. After 1 year of using this product, my nails are now healthy and strong and I have to admit they are pretty long. To the point that I do not need to put fake nails on anymore to have beautifull long nails. You have to be a little bit patient with this product because it does take a few months before you see any good worth results. You also have to be persistant in applying it twice a week without fail. Trust me it's the best.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2004 2:09:00 AM More reviews by meluvcosmetics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

sorry, but despite the ravishing reviews here, Mavala just doesn't seem to do anything for my nails... and if I dare say, it aggravates the problem... I used to have peeling nails on just the right middle and index fingers but since using this product, all my 10 digits seem weaker! Very disappointed. I moved on to Nail Envy and wow, I can feel that my nails are now stronger.