July 30, 2014 | 1171 users online

Moisturizers - Estee Lauder - DayWear Advanced Multi-Protection Anti-Oxidant Creme Broad Spectrum SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really nice moisturizer. Even though its for normal/combination, I can still use it even though I'm oily. It is very refreshing and feels nice on the skin, and has the anti-oxidant SPF protection. The price point is nice too, only $49 in Canada.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by chloeincolour

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really liked how light this cream was, however it moisturized beautifully! I think this is perfect for year round cream! :) No post-lotion-greasiness present, however THIS IS NOT ENOUGH SPF FOR ANYONE!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by laurall

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This cream is just lovely. I use it in the morning under my makeup, and then at night with the EL repair serum. I love its consistency and I love the cucumber smell. It behaves very well underneath my makeup and give my skin a dewy glow, leaving it soft for the whole day. Need I say more?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by merde111

I wish the SPF were just a little higher, like SPF30, but other than that I love this cream. I buy the "for dry skin" version, which works better for my 35+ skin; if I were younger, I'd get the regular version. This is a nice cream and packed full of antioxidants. I might buy the lotion next time, since it has a pump bottle and you don't have to dig your finger into a cream jar (not so sanitary!), but overall this is a wonderful product, reasonably priced (especially when compared with similar products that are sold for twice as much or more!) and I have repurchased several times.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by busybeauty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been using Yes to Carrots and my normal/dry skin was LOVING when I switched to Day Wear!! I had hesitated because of the price, but I can see AND feel the difference from my approx $20 moisturizer! When I applied it for the first night after washing my face, my skin felt so comforted and looked plumped up the next morning. My skin no longer looks dehydrated and dull. Not to mention, the smell is beautiful. And this under my EL DW is a DREAM!!
UPDATE 4/18/11: The effects of this faded due to the jar packaging. Also, I read the ingredients list after not being able to get rid of a horrid dry patch on my chin. It has petrolatum in it! If I'm going to pay over $40 for 1.7 oz, I would expect better ingredients with moisturizing properties considering I got the "dry" formula. Maybe the combo one in a pump has better ingredients, but I doubt it would be moisturizing enough. -1 point for packaging and -1 point for crappy ingredient.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/15/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by mrvtime

I had been using this product for what seems like forever. Then I turned 43 and I suddenly started breaking out from it!! I don't know if they changed the formula or what happened, but I have tried repeatedly to use this again (since I had several jars of it) and each time my cheeks break out and black heads appear the next day. I have not changed my cleanser nor anything else in my routine, but suddenly I can no longer wear my long-time favorite moisturizer! I even tried not taking my daily vitamins thinking maybe that was the problem, but that didn't help, either. Does anyone know if they changed this product??? I'm now in search of a new favorite and right now I'm using Lancome Renergie, but it's a bit pricey.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2010 1:30:00 AM More reviews by mynameisandrealee

Would you like comedone-covered skin? If you answered yes, then feel free to purchase this overpriced melted-plastic-in-a-jar. I love Estee Lauder mascaras (am currently using Double Wear Zero Smudge). But I felt so strongly about this supposed "skin-care" product that I must write to warn others! Ater one application I am now still in the process of getting my skin back to pre-application condition. This cream caused sudden redness and plastic-looking skin, but in addition made my face all bumpy with hardened and elevated comedones. Also made skin very shiny and yuck. From my subjective experience, I urge you to NOT buy this toxic topical goo. Do not be deceived by the nice packaging and smell.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:33:00 AM More reviews by AndieHeartsMAC

At first I really liked this lotion. I was looking for a non-greasy day lotion with SPF, with some skin beneficial ingredients and that wouldn't break me out. This lotion fit the bill. It is not greasy at all, and in fact on my combo/oily skin I don't find it moisturizing enough. I had no problems putting makeup over this lotion. It has an avaerage SPF of 15, and does not have the sunscreen smell. This lotion, like most of EL's, has a slew of antioxidants and other beneficial ingredients. I don't feel that in the two months I used the product that I noticed any diffrence in my skin's appearance, though it may take longer. This also did not break me out, which was very important to me. This comes in a hygenic air-tight pump bottle that was clean and easy to use.

On to the negatives that I soon discovered. This lotion was just not moisturizing enough. I was using it in the summer, and I still was getting dry patches. I think this would however work for those with very oily skin. The main problem I had with this lotion is the smell. I prefer unscented products, but I was initally pleased with the light cucumber scent. It lingered, but it wasn't too floral or perfumy. The issue was that the scent seemed to intensify as time went on. What started as a faint scent soon became overwhelming and gag worthy. For that alone I will not repurchase. Also at $42, this is pretty pricey. I have found drugstore products that I much prefer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by alarma

I love this moisturizer! I have a normal skin with the oily T zone, and this moisturizer keeps my skin normal in the T zone. I used Biotherm Aquasource Skin Perfection moisturizer but it didn't do anything for me. I work in a salon and my shifts are crazy, sometimes 12 hrs and this keeps my make up in place for the whole time and does not make my skin look either greasy or dehydrated. I love the smell of the cucumber and the texture is very light and absorbs fast, you don't need a lot of this product. I also noticed that I started braking out less and my skin texture improved. Originally I got a tested of this cream in my gift with the purchase but I loved it so much that I went and bought it in the full size. The only down point is that it is a bit on expensive side.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2010 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Bonnerka

A very decent moisturiser for most of the year - it has SPF15, which is not enough for me over the summer. It absorbs easily and I love the cucumber scent.