August 31, 2014 | 979 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 1:27:00 AM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Application was smooth though it is very much a jelly and even at three coats, I could still see my visible nail line. It dries very quickly though, so it's not like adding coats was much of a bother. To truly smooth it out, a thick topcoat is required, or at least two coats of the average topcoat. I recommend a topcoat especially as it turns up the volume on the shine more than I thought it would.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:31:00 AM More reviews by beautyprincess303

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this one!! My mum bought it, but she lets me use it (thank goodness!) I absolutely love the deep red colour and the stunning red glitter it has :D Would definitely re-purchase <3

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Sugarcoma82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite nail polish! Every time I put it on I just stare at my hands because it really is that pretty! I have never gotten as many compliments on a nail polish as I do this one.. everyone loves it. I have been through two bottles in just a few months because people keep asking me to do their nails in this color. Ignore pics of this color and just trust these reviews because the pics do not do it justice. I wish polish didn't get old because if it didn't I would stock up on a lifetimes supply of this color.. I just hope they never discontinue it!

ETA: Image 4 in the pictures is NOT what this looks like. It is much deeper than that. 9 and 11 are close and 12 and 13 look nothing like it! (On my screen anyway)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Easily one of the best polishes I've ever seen. Seriously, a stunner to look at. Photos don't even do it justice. Deep pools of ruby red jelly with glistening red glitter. Ruby Pumps comes as close to Dorothy's timeless ruby red slippers as you can get. Drying time can be a little lengthy, but it has staying power and is POW! with a shiny top coat. Would I buy this polish again? Hell yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by ErycahBlueberrie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

The greatest red glitter NP in the world! It's just delicious to wear and watch.
Great quality and the brush is wonderful.
One of my all time favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by gemini12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite red polish. The color, amount of glitter, application--everything is PERFECT. It's my go-to pedicure color for the entire winter season and has been for over 2 years. This is a great color for any age or skin tone--you simply cannot go wrong with this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The most gorgeous red glitter polish. The glitter is fine and the polish is a nice deep pure red. It is as pretty as a pair of the Ruby Slippers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 2:25:00 AM More reviews by MissKimKat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I consider this a "must have" color. It is really easy to apply, 2 coats are acceptable but 3 are amazing. Looks equally great as a mani or a pedi. So sparkly!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dazzling. That's the word that comes to mind when I see this polish. After two coats, you're left with gorgeous red jelly nails loaded with red glitter. Ruby Pumps is the perfect name too - paying homage to the classic shoes it resembles from The Wizard of Oz. Not required in a collection but a gem to have. Perfect for the holidays.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:10:00 PM More reviews by ChinaGlazeJunkie

Enough people have described this so I'll go straight to what I think about this amazing red polish. It only needs 2 coats and positively glows on your digits. I put it over a gold and it was amazing! The glitter is subtle and wasn't a PITA to remove. I'm very glad I listened to myself and picked this up. I will for sure be buying this again.