July 26, 2014 | 948 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by xMissMurderx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I feel like I have to review this since it was the first MAC product that I ever owned. This is what got me hooked on gel liners and I havent looked back since. I was really impressed with the staying power of this stuff, it lasts all day! Its really pretty with the gold sparkles but they really dont show up that much on me. Anyone know if this is a permanent item? I was under the impression that it was an item they would promote every now and then. But now I see that its on their website haha..Ive been waiting for them to re promote it and it was there the whole time.....

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Jexxie123

This is creamy grey gel eyeliner. In my opinion, it is not as grey. It is more like black, just not as intense. If you use MAC fluidline in blacktrack, it is probably 25%- 30% less black. But hey, who can even recognise that??? It might be a better option for people who want to go a bit natural. If I want to go light with my makeup, I would reach for this eyeliner. I only apply this on my upper lash line because I am afraid it would irritate my eyes if I apply it on my lower lash line and waterline. The staying power is great too (I usually set it up with eye shadows on top. The powder eye shadows would absorb any moisture you might have providing you with longer staying power). It never smudges on me too. But you need to make sure you put the lid back on after you finish using it as it gets dry very easily. I love MAC fluidline collection but I wouldnít repurchase this shade as I canít see much of a difference compared with blacktrack and I donít use this often.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by anguyent

The review is the same review that I did for black track. The only difference is that blitz and glitz has a softer look and is less intense than black track. Since I prefer the more intense look I would have to layer blitz and glitz. I suggested this for my mom, however, who is used to a softer eye pencil and thought that she would like this more. I guess it depends what you are looking for. Intense get blacktrack, softer get blitz and glitz. Although I soften my blacktrack by putting on a layer of eyeshadow on top of that, you can read below:

I have asian almond shaped eyes and always had a problem with my eyeliner creasing to my eyelids. Thank goodness for this product because I never have to worry about that ever again!!! I've used this product for several years and have gotten almost everyone I know to use it too, my mom, friends, cousins, ect.. You can seriously put a bit on your hand, wait a few seconds, and it will hardly come off if you rubb it. I use the MAC synthetic slant brush. I've used a few others with fluidline that I did not like as much- sonya kashuk (too thick), sephora (ok quality), MAC non synthetic slant brush (frayed), and those skinny eyeliner brushes. One trick that a MAC makeup artist showed me was to put some eyshadow (I use smut) over the fluidline to give it a softer look. I did notice that this product would get dry halfway through but now I always make sure to twist close the lid between eyes. I also used to dip my brush in the pot which would expose more of the product to air and would dry easily, not to mention the messiness. I now swip my brush on each side so the product stays nice and smooth instead of messy like I did before. I think this helps make it last longer. A definite keeper!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Milasha

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure if this is one of the top gel liners. I like how it's a lot easier to apply than liquid liner and pencils. I sometimes have to apply it over and over again because it isn't dark enough and after a few hours it transfers onto my eyelid which could be the cause of my oily monolids. I don't find this product expensive at all because I've been using it everyday for 1.5 years and I've still got some left and it isn't at all dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2009 9:55:00 PM More reviews by bubbles2232

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I picked up this product at my nearby CCO when I was just browsing around. This was when I was just starting expanding my makeup skills, since before I just wore mascara and pencil eyeliner. I started using different eyeshadows and liners and I thought that this would be a great product to use. Needless to say, the first couple of times using this were pretty shaky and kind of a mess. After some practice, I started getting the hand of using a gel liner and I loved the look of it. This product is black with hints of gold reflects, which actually don't really show up too well. It also looks like a deep gray or charcoal in some lighting. Fluidlines are quick to put on and stay for a reasonable amount of time. Mine has lasted forver and I've still got half of the pit left. I got my for $10ish but I would definitely pay $15 for it at MAC.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Vaniessa

I love this one alot!!!
it's so long-lasting and when i smudge it the hints of gold are so pretty!!!!
I usually don't remove my eye-makeup when i go to gym and this is the one i usually opt for as it does not smudge at all even though i sweat alot!!!!

it's so reliable and it lasted the whole day without any smudge or creasing and btw, i have super oily eyelid!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2009 6:10:00 PM More reviews by paulajfitz

Easy to use and when applied and dry does not smudge or transfer on my upper eyelid. I tend to get problems with eyeliner transfer as I've got hooded eye. The gold is very subtle but I wanted a colour that wasn't too harsh and this colour works well for me. Great product really pleased

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by juuleeah

This gel works well for smooth application. A good product for both experienced make wearers and newbies. Product rarely smudges and is good all day long.

There are a few downsides. The pot will likely get sort of dried out long before product is all used up. In my experience fluidline also is terrible for application to the wet-line, however with either a hard angle brush or eyeliner brush, it can be applied just below it for even more dramatic results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by breesana

I was looking for a dark gray liner for my lids, but I was offered this instead. Under bright lights, it most definately looks softer than blacktrack, but in dimmer lighting, I can't tell much of difference. The liner applies easily and lasts forever, so that is good. I just wish it were a tad bit softer than what it really is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Sophia1105

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this shade. This is probably my favorite fluidline thus far. B&G is a soft black with faint gold shimmer that shows once smudged. This applies rather sheerly compared with the others I've tried, that said my application was light. It layered nicely and provided a soft black with subtle shimmer finish. I wanted a wet looking soft black so I smudged a shimmery gloss over the line and it wore off in areas I hadn't applied it as heavily. That said, the combo of B&G and the gloss was very pretty and natural looking for a black. This gives a soft doe-eyed appearance. Love this color. Would definitely repurchase.