October 25, 2014 | 1865 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by Gambleress

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite blush. I wish was less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by walkyouhome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love this blush! I'm always hesitant to give anything five stars but I haven't bought another blush in three years since I started using Orgasm so I think it's earned the five-star status.

When I first started using makeup I thought I would never be able to wear blush - every single blush I put on looked crazy on my pale skin. Then a sales assistant suggested I try Nars Orgasm. She perfectly described my predicament, explaining that a lot of makeup artists will have the urge to put pink blush on my pinkish pale skin and I end up looking like a china doll. A peachy golden colour like Orgasm is more subtle and won't look garish.

She was definitely right, and I've been using Orgasm every day for three years now. I know a lot of the hype around this blush focuses on the fact that it's great for olive and dark skin tones, but for all the pale girls out there it's great for you too.

I only use a tiny bit every day and it gives the perfect subtle glow. Don't heap too much on or you probably won't like the way it looks because it's quite pigmented.

It's very expensive, especially here in Australia ($45!) but my full sized pan lasts for more than a year, even using it every day, so it's definitely worth it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by lucielalaland

An orangy sparkle blush. Very sheer. I'm not sure what all the hype is about with this blush. Maybe it looks better on darker skin tones? I'm very pale and could barely see it on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Cherubim89

despite all the hype this product is so bad I threw it out. It goes on extremely streaky and patchy. even my cheap blushes don't do this! so over rated!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by aperilpar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

universal blush for all skin tones

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by KLynn88

I know there's always a lot of buzz about this blush, but I wouldn't get too excited. It's just okay. It's not super pigmented - which could be seen as a good thing because then you don't accidentally become MiMi from Drew Carey. But it definitely doesn't wow me like Lancome's "Sheer Amouros" did (***amazing).

Maybe I'm just not really into blushes (more of an eyeliner girl), as I feel my face is warm and pigmented enough on its' own. I will say that it does look really natural on your cheeks, which I guess is a good thing (you do have to use a lot to get a more noticeable look).

I only put down that I wouldnt buy this product again because I think Deep Throat might be more my style (hehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:12:00 PM More reviews by ballet7xx

I've wanted this for years and finally bought it and my expectations were either too high, or it's just really overrated. I mean, it's not bad, I do like it, but it's not what I expected. I guess I was thinking of some sort of miracle blush or something. I don't really use it as much as I thought I would - this is the only high end blush I own and I prefer some of my drugstore blushes that are under $10. Maybe I will try a different blush from Nars and this one just didn't work for my skin tone and such even though it's supposed to flatter everyone. Also, I really don't know but I never get spots on my cheeks, usually my chin/forehead, but when I tried using this everyday I noticed I was getting spots and irritations there. so I think it was from the blush, but I can't be sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Love this! A little bit goes a long way and it has lasted for years.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a gift from someone who loves makeup as much as I do...the difference: she can afford stuff like this and I stick to my drugstore dupes for the most part (or just drugstore stuff that is pretty darn good). This is just another good counterexample to the adage, "you get what you pay for," because high-end products like this can be just as disappointing (more, if you actually spent your own money on it) as $3 ones.

So, the pros: I like the packaging. And it looks cool in the package. I've seen it look good on other people...like my friend, who has clear, non-acne-prone, non-oily, pretty much perfect porcelain skin...and on tan people in pictures on beauty blogs.

The cons: It does NOT look good on me. As others have mentioned, I can barely pull this off as a going-out/nighttime product. It comes off as a hot pink/magenta color on me (peach or coral that others described would have been perfect, but that's not how the cookie crumbled for me, at least). Glittery. Too glittery. Highlights my pores, makes me look oilier. Doesn't last. Hard to get on brush yet easy to overapply.

Icky. I'll keep it around in case I ever need dramatic clown makeup ..

EDIT 9/11/14 finally figured out how to apply it lightly enough so I don't look like a clown. Unfortunately, after a few consecutive days of wear, I ended up with 2 cystic zits on each cheekbone (where I rarely break out). According to reviews, NARS blushes have been known to do this. Not blaming any particular ingredient, but something in this doesn't agree with my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I LOVE this blush, but I hate the price. You get such a little amount for the price you pay. Mine cracked before I hit pan so that was a disappointment and it's not like I carry it around in my purse all day. It sits in a makeup case in my bathroom. The color is so gorgeous. I think it could go well with any skintone. It's a peachy, pink with a slight shimmer of gold so it brightens your face a little. I will definitely repurchase, but in the mean time I'm looking for a good dupe.