September 17, 2014 | 2152 users online

Blush - NARS - Orgasm Blush

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Got this as a gift from someone who loves makeup as much as I do...the difference: she can afford stuff like this and I stick to my drugstore dupes for the most part (or just drugstore stuff that is pretty darn good). This is just another good counterexample to the adage, "you get what you pay for," because high-end products like this can be just as disappointing (more, if you actually spent your own money on it) as $3 ones.

So, the pros: I like the packaging. And it looks cool in the package. I've seen it look good on other people...like my friend, who has clear, non-acne-prone, non-oily, pretty much perfect porcelain skin...and on tan people in pictures on beauty blogs.

The cons: It does NOT look good on me. As others have mentioned, I can barely pull this off as a going-out/nighttime product. It comes off as a hot pink/magenta color on me (peach or coral that others described would have been perfect, but that's not how the cookie crumbled for me, at least). Glittery. Too glittery. Highlights my pores, makes me look oilier. Doesn't last. Hard to get on brush yet easy to overapply.

Icky. I'll keep it around in case I ever need dramatic clown makeup ..

EDIT 9/11/14 finally figured out how to apply it lightly enough so I don't look like a clown. Unfortunately, after a few consecutive days of wear, I ended up with 2 cystic zits on each cheekbone (where I rarely break out). According to reviews, NARS blushes have been known to do this. Not blaming any particular ingredient, but something in this doesn't agree with my skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I LOVE this blush, but I hate the price. You get such a little amount for the price you pay. Mine cracked before I hit pan so that was a disappointment and it's not like I carry it around in my purse all day. It sits in a makeup case in my bathroom. The color is so gorgeous. I think it could go well with any skintone. It's a peachy, pink with a slight shimmer of gold so it brightens your face a little. I will definitely repurchase, but in the mean time I'm looking for a good dupe.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing blush. It has earned the hype received. This is a pinky peach blush with a golden sheen. For ref I'm NC45 and this looks beautiful on my cheeks. A lot of ppl say that it is shimmery and the color is sheer, not the case for me. The pigment shows through on my skin with minimal effort and the golden sheen is just that, not glittery.

There are other blushes that are cited as dupes but based on my collection not even the closest blushes compare in overall quality.
-TheBalm "Hot Mama" is not very pigmented and has more of a golden sheen than the peach pigment. Better as a highlight on my skin tone.
-ELF Blush Bronzer duo has very little pigment and is more glittery. When the colour is built up, the skin looks ashy.
-Mally Beauty has a similar blush in their "Shimmer, Shape and Glow" "Love is Deeper " face palette. The blush very sheer and is a very heavy golden sheen to it. The formula is very dry too.
-Jordana "Coral Sandy Beach" is a very good dupe but it is more of a true peach as oppose to a pink based peach as "Orgasm".
-NYX "Summer Peach" is the best dupe that I have. The colour is similar but the glitter is more chunky and the staying power is not as good as "Orgasm".

IMO "Orgasm" is great on my skin because it dresses up my cheeks if I look drab. Also when I want to do a minimal look but want to look fresh, this is my go to blush. This blush really transforms my face when I put it on and the best of all, I always feel great when I wear it. It is such an original shade and formula I'm glad to have it. The price is ridiculous but I must admit that this is one of the best blushes if not the best one in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this blush. Yeah, it's expensive. It's NARS. We're talking quality stuff, here.

It looks natural, it's easy to blend, and I like the packaging, as well.

In the pan, it looks shimmery and dark but once applied, it looks great. Don't be fooled just by looking at it and think it will look unnatural. I am NC15 in Mac (as pale as it gets) and this blush works for me. I was hesitant at first, but after looking at the reviews on here, I bought it and I am so glad I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is amazing. It is such a long lasting, beautifully shimmery (subtle shimmer that is) blush. This looks amazing teamed up with the Hoola Bronzer by Benefit. Peachy Pink with golden shimmer, nice sleek packaging and virtually fool proof to apply and it had a decent sized mirror... what more could you want?!? This will last you forever, and this at least compensates for the $45 price tag. My go to blush for every season with an array of looks, whether I pair it with a vampy look or a no make-up look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 4:52:00 AM More reviews by GelAA

Holy grail blush! It is a cult classic, but for a good reason. It is not too shimmery (even though it may look like it in the pan). Its just the perfect blush even if you're going for pink or peach. Beautiful on all skin tones, even to blend too. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by swc87

This blush is on the pricey side but i love it. I am a little darker complected and i use this blush when I dont want a dramatic blush color.. it gives me a good hint of color with light shimmer so I dont have to use a highlighter. this blush is popular for a reason. It would be great on all skin tones!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 5:15:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Whats not to love - this is a cult classic. A pretty shimmery peach/pink with a light golden tone that is bound to suit nearly everyone as it can be dusted on with a light hand or built up for more of a "bam hello I'm here" look. It looks glittery in the pan but on the skin just imparts a beautiful sun kissed glow.

On my NC15 skin this is more peachy with a hint of gold, I find it easily lasts all day and if you are having a more is more day and want to add a bit more va-voom this looks great with a light dusting of Albatross or another subtle gold highlighter. Currently enjoying applying this blush with a small stipple brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2014 1:52:00 PM More reviews by emmapitcairn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First blush i have ever purchased. Not a huge blush fan and can't seem to master blusher. Such an easy blush to apply, even if applied with a heavy hand it seems to look natural and beautiful.

Not too shimmery, just gives a flawless sheen that most NARS cheek products seem to give. A gorgeous coral pink sheer blush with gold shimmers for a natural glowy flushed look.

I hadn't really used this product until i decided to write a review for it and fell in love as i experimented with it. At first i didn't understand the hype and was annoyed as it was very expensive. I do not regret this purchase at all and will continue to repurchase it.

I own a dupe, the Sleek blush in Rose Gold/Guipure. In pan these are almost identical, NARS seems to have more shimmer. Swatches show Sleek is much noticeable (slightly thick), NARS looks natural and slightly more baby pink than Sleek. Both blushers are build-able. The blusher provide the same finish on the face and the only difference is that the NARS appears the slightest bit more natural. Glitters in Sleek are a bit more noticeable in artificial light.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by lovepixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this! I occasionally experiment with other blushes, but always come back to this one. It was the first one I bought when I was new to seriously using makeup, and there is absolutely no way to screw up applying this blush. I was afraid it would look too shimmery on, but that hasn't been an issue. A light application just makes me look healthy, but I can also build it for heavier usage, and it still looks amazing. I recommend it to everyone I know, particularly beginners, just for ease of use. It's absolutely worth the money, and I doubt I'll ever find another one I like as much.