Clinique Superpowder Double Face Makeup

3.8

new:: Talc, Isostearyl Linoleate, Titanium Dioxide, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Trimyristin, Alumina, Methicone, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate.May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Carmine, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 7 Lake, Ultramarines

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I first tried super double powder a few years ago and loved it. Its heavy enough to cover, if it goes on too cakey you can just use a brush to buff it off, and it looks very nice in pictures. HOwever, my skin changes color throughout the year and I am unable to match the colors to my skin year round as the color selections are minimal.

on 10/30/2010 10:45:00 PM

Is weird, mine doesnt have Mineral Oil in the ingredients! Well I have only tried his one day but it didnt made my face as shiny as with the Benefit Hello Flawless. I'm hoping it'll turn good so I'm gonna try it for 3 days.
I'll update this after that.

on 7/4/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the only powder I've ever used that broke me out, I'm suspecting it's because of the mineral oil (my skin is sensitive to MO). Whenever I use it I get lots of under the skin breakouts and whiteheads which are quite painful. It gives pretty nice coverage but can get cakey if I use more than 1 layer. The colour selection isn't that good...doesn't cater to anyone with yellow undertones, the undertones are all too pink. The texture is really soft and smooth, glides onto the skin like silk. I like the packaging and the fact it comes with a mirror, but anything that breaks me out is a no no.

on 7/4/2010 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This did not work for me at all. I have been using MAC Studio Fix for years. This was a little cheaper so I decided to try it. I gave it about two month to make sure before I wrote this review. My skin is sensitive. This has made my skin in the worst condition it has been in in years. It clogs my pores and it has just messed up my face. Terrible break outs. It does not control oil AT ALL. Within 30 minutes it has soaked into my pores and I am sooo shiny. It feels gritty on my skin. I just did not like it. If someone is not really oily, it might work for them, but in my case, no way! Back to MAC. It is worth the extra money and does not break me out, and has a much better coverage.

This was one of the first foundations I used, and I need to return to it. It goes on so well, does restrict your skin and is great for sensitive skin. I'm fair, so the tones work well for me-though I've heard that's not the case for some. It gives good coverage, too.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Maybe I just bought the wrong shade, but it looks ashy and too matte for me. It also cakes, and is not for dry skin at all. I'll definitely be returning it to Sephora! The compact itself is beautiful though.

on 5/6/2010 2:18:00 PM

Not for oily skin AT ALL! It's currently 2:15p. At 12:30p I went to Peebles and put this on. My face is a super shiny oil slick right now. YUCK!

on 4/8/2010 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I used to use to use this when I was 14! It was good because my skin was flawless. I was pale because I was always locked up by the parents. As I got tan. The color selection was awful. This is great when you are a tween and you are starting out on makeup and don't want to spend alot. When you are younger you are more sensitive to stuff on your face at least I was. This was great for that skin type.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good product to put over another foundation, I like it over mineral foundation, and liquid foundation, to create a more even, flawless look. I wouldn't use this alone, because it doesn't have enough coverage, unless you pile it on which can look too matte, and chalky for my liking. I love using it for touch ups during the day, because it never cakes, and it's very light. Might be better for summer, because it can absorb a bit of oil.

on 2/27/2010 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I liked this so much when I applied it at first, my face was matte, everything was covered.. until my face turned oily, and by oily I mean that when I touched my face, my fingers were dirty and orange from the powder. Ofcourse, after I went oily, I re-applied it all over my face. Wrong choice. It only got worse (!!). I won't buy this again because i'm oily, but if you aren't, this is a pretty good product.