TiGi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

3.1

on 4/5/2011 12:28:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I love this shampoo and find nothing offensive about the smell.
I have a large purple bottle and a white squeeze tube of the shampoo. It works great on my grey, highlighted reverse color hair. I found it evens out the different colors, toning down the grey. I use it with the Leave in Conditioner which leaves my hair soft, while keeping in my loose curls. I

on 4/4/2011 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love Bed Head! This works good made my hair look beautiful and was so soft however it smells so awful I had to throw it away

on 12/16/2010 2:07:00 AM

I've used the reconstructor before, but just got the shampoo today. Tried it out after using 40 vol bleach on my hair, in tandem with the reconstructor, and I have to say it works amazingly. The shampoo itself is shimmery pink, it smells good, and it has lots of protein for needy hair -- besides the high price tag, which is on all Bed Head products, I can find no faults here.

If this shampoo didn't work for you, it's probably because your hair is too healthy! Putting too much protein in there will turn your hair to straw. If you abuse your hair like I do mine, it should work perfectly.

After reading some of the reviews, I will clarify: I have the hot pink bottle, and I didn't find it to be at all harsh or irritating -- I actually burned my skin a bit with the bleach, and the suds from this shampoo soothed it!

on 12/11/2010 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My friend gave me a sample of this and I almost didn't try it until I read on the bottle that it's not just for blonde hair.

I am pleasantly surprised at how good this shampoo is. I don't need much of this at all. It rinses easily from my hair and doesn't leave it feeling stripped or coated. It does have a fair amount of protein in it so it's not for frequent use. I've been using it maybe once every other week or so and it's been perfectly fine, not drying in the least. It has not faded my color at all.

I've already bought my own full size bottle and will continue to use and purchase it.

on 11/5/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pretty surprised on the negative reviews of this. For me it's a really good shampoo. It surprised me that it doesn't weigh my hair down at all or make it greasy, because it's so nourishing. It makes my fine hair so soft, manageable and healthy-looking! Also it cleans really well - my hair stays clean much longer with this. Huge plus.
But it lathers like hell, which I don't think is a good sign. I wish it was sulfate free, and the smell is a little over powering too.
Even so, I really love the Dumb Blonde shampoo and I wanna use it every time I wash, but I alternate with S Factor Health Factor.
Oh, and the bottle is cute and practical, and the price is REALLY dirt cheap.

on 11/1/2010 3:58:00 PM

reading all these reviews really makes me want to like this product so much! i really didnt like it. first of all it has the most harsh sulfate (ammonia laurel sulfate) in it which is the absolute WORST for your hair. I forgot to look at that when i was purchasing it. my hair is completely dead (no joke) and i can never manage it. i feel like this made my hair very dry and along with the conditioner it felt like straw. my boyfriend would touch my hair and i felt embarassed. if you wanna buy this please to hella research... i did like the pump on it tho..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

PROS
-Pump
-Smells great

CONS
-Protein build-up causes breakage

on 8/21/2010 11:12:00 AM

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

I bought this shampoo in the smaller package (pink colored). They also sell a big one (big bottle) but its color is yellow and I doubt that even if the name is the same it's the same product.
I don't trust magical discounts, especially since this shampoo has such mixed reviews, I suspect some people bought the big bottle some the small bottle. So money vs. quality? My hair needs quality, and I don't think there is a company on this planet that would actually sell the same product (or even better) at a cheaper price just because they're nice.
Anyway, enough with the babbling, I am betting with the ones who rave about this shampoo. My hair is curly, thin and dry from styling. Lately it got so dry that once I noticed one hair breaking at the root near my forehead just by a hand passing through it. I got so scared. After just one wash with this shampoo (and its additional reconstructor) my hair is more elastic, goes styled more easily, and does not break.
It is true that this shampoo kills volume. But since I style it (with a round brush, blow drying) I always fix its volume back and I really do not mind so much.
Personally i am sick of those shampoos that add volume and shine but the actual hair actually becomes more dried and if it already is they never fix it.
This is the first shampoo who understand me and my hair - products for fine hair should be not too oily, but also nourishing, and fixing the hair's frailty, not make it drier with uplifted roots!
If the volume is an issue you can always fix it with a volumizing mousse rubbed at the roots gently so that they are lifted. It's true this shampoo may kill volume but it actually reconstructs.
It's a great shampoo but you need to do a little styling afterwards.
P.S. I took one lippie off because I did use it only once and maybe after a while I will have to update this one.

on 7/17/2010 3:23:00 PM

I really like this shampoo. I have very thick, coarse, wavy/curly hair that is heavily highlighted. This shampoo has helped keep my blonde bright and not brassy.

on 7/6/2010 1:06:00 PM

The smell is actually quite horrible. Remeinds me of pineapple. It really started to irritate me in the long run. The shampoo itself caused me dandruf so it was difficult to use it. Lasts long so it's not too expensive. I wouldn't buy again an if your scalp is sensitive this might not be for you.