TiGi Bed Head Dumb Blonde Shampoo

3.1

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I totally agree with irol0891:

"BEFORE the package AND product change, this was my favorite shampoo and conditioner. Since it is no longer the same product AT ALL, I am very disappointed. It leaves the hair soft and shiny, however - the formula for both the shampoo and conditioner (no more thick, awesome-smelling conditioner) has been totally changed and it is no longer the same product. THE WORST PART ABOUT IT IS THE CAT URINE SMELL. At first, in the shower - not so bad. After your hair is dry is a whole other story. It really does smell like cat urine. I don't know why they would change something that had nothing wrong with it to turn it into something that won't sell at all after eveyone's bought it once and thrown it away. The original is in the pink/purple bottle for shampoo and opaque yellowish bottle for conditioner - that's the good stuff. Don't waste your money on the new crap!!!"

I've been a 'Bed Head' customer for years. My hair is a frosted blonde, with blonde being the dominant color. I've been so happy with this shampoo/conditioner, and, in my opinion, all of the positive reviews on this site, are correct! It did everything it professed to do, but, now everything's changed. I purchased some new shampoo last night and was amazed at the change that occurred from the last time I bought the shampoo. It almost seems like WATER was added to the formula, as it's now quite runny, whereas the original consistency was like any other shampoo - thick, and really smelled nice. To say that I'm now very disappointed in the shampoo is a gross understatement, and, 'Bed Head' has lost another customer.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the shampoo and conditioner because my hair was getting extremely dry, living in a desert and dying your hair plus the day to day damage is well...you can imagine. i read the reviews in here and other sites and most of them seemed good, i have straight, normal, dark brown hair and i've dyed it lighter shades of brown, i know the name is "dumb blonde" but i asked around and it said it was safe to use for ANY type of colored hair. well at first it was alright, i decided to give it a few weeks try. it really didn't do much for my hair, it was still dry. My hair has been shedding like crazy, at first i didn't know what the cause of it was, but after thinking about it i realized the shedding started to happen a few weeks after i started using this product. :\ i've stopped using it and hopefully my hair goes back to normal. i usually love TIGI products, maybe this just wasn't for me.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium

I love this shampoo and find nothing offensive about the smell.
I have a large purple bottle and a white squeeze tube of the shampoo. It works great on my grey, highlighted reverse color hair. I found it evens out the different colors, toning down the grey. I use it with the Leave in Conditioner which leaves my hair soft, while keeping in my loose curls. I

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love Bed Head! This works good made my hair look beautiful and was so soft however it smells so awful I had to throw it away

I've used the reconstructor before, but just got the shampoo today. Tried it out after using 40 vol bleach on my hair, in tandem with the reconstructor, and I have to say it works amazingly. The shampoo itself is shimmery pink, it smells good, and it has lots of protein for needy hair -- besides the high price tag, which is on all Bed Head products, I can find no faults here.

If this shampoo didn't work for you, it's probably because your hair is too healthy! Putting too much protein in there will turn your hair to straw. If you abuse your hair like I do mine, it should work perfectly.

After reading some of the reviews, I will clarify: I have the hot pink bottle, and I didn't find it to be at all harsh or irritating -- I actually burned my skin a bit with the bleach, and the suds from this shampoo soothed it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My friend gave me a sample of this and I almost didn't try it until I read on the bottle that it's not just for blonde hair.

I am pleasantly surprised at how good this shampoo is. I don't need much of this at all. It rinses easily from my hair and doesn't leave it feeling stripped or coated. It does have a fair amount of protein in it so it's not for frequent use. I've been using it maybe once every other week or so and it's been perfectly fine, not drying in the least. It has not faded my color at all.

I've already bought my own full size bottle and will continue to use and purchase it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm pretty surprised on the negative reviews of this. For me it's a really good shampoo. It surprised me that it doesn't weigh my hair down at all or make it greasy, because it's so nourishing. It makes my fine hair so soft, manageable and healthy-looking! Also it cleans really well - my hair stays clean much longer with this. Huge plus.
But it lathers like hell, which I don't think is a good sign. I wish it was sulfate free, and the smell is a little over powering too.
Even so, I really love the Dumb Blonde shampoo and I wanna use it every time I wash, but I alternate with S Factor Health Factor.
Oh, and the bottle is cute and practical, and the price is REALLY dirt cheap.

reading all these reviews really makes me want to like this product so much! i really didnt like it. first of all it has the most harsh sulfate (ammonia laurel sulfate) in it which is the absolute WORST for your hair. I forgot to look at that when i was purchasing it. my hair is completely dead (no joke) and i can never manage it. i feel like this made my hair very dry and along with the conditioner it felt like straw. my boyfriend would touch my hair and i felt embarassed. if you wanna buy this please to hella research... i did like the pump on it tho..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

PROS
-Pump
-Smells great

CONS
-Protein build-up causes breakage