Herbaceuticals Inc. - Naturcolor - all shades

4.3

Ingredients NATURCOLOR dye: Water, Burdock Stem Extract, Gotu Kola Oil, Gotu Kola Leaf Extract, Nettle Extract, Sage Extract, Hops Extract, Soy Oil, PEG-70 Mango Glycerides, Soyamine, Lecithin, Coconut Oil, Oleic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Ethanolamine,Chamomile Extract, Walnut Oil, Walnut Extract, Bilberry Root Extract, Red Sorrell Extract, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Sodium Metabisulfite, Jasmine Flower Extract, Glycerin, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Shea Butter, P-Phenylenediamine, P-Aminophenol, M-Aminophenol. /Ingredients NATURFIX developer: Aqua/Water/Eau, Hydrogen Peroxide, Propylene Glycol, Etidronic Acid.

I tried 4M Pomegrante Chestnut which is a lovely dark brown color w/ a red tint to it. It covered my hair completely without my brassy ends and highlights coming through, and interfering w/ the color. Gentle product that's great for chemically sensitive people like me. (Didn't smell disgusting or burn my scalp) The only negative was that it took 3 shampoos to get most of it out, and I still ended up getting it on my pillow. This dye (like any other dye, especially dark red) will stain anything it comes in contact with so be careful, but then again that happens to me when I eat a real pomegrante. I'm doing my mother's hair today, and plan to use only half the product, but I will write back w/ her results.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Used for the first time and was very pleased. I have slightly above the shoulder length hair, and at the suggestion of other reviews I only used half of the bottles. My hair soaked it up, so in hindsight I could have used it all. I was still impressed with the results. I used Mullein Blonde over previously salon hi/low lights, the result turned out to be very natural looking dark blonde. Made my hair soft, and the smell of the product was pleasant. I will continue to use this product and plan to gradually return to a lovely shade of brown with their darker colors.

After reading the reviews here, when it was time to do my roots I purchased Naturcolor at my local Whole Foods store. I used two ounces of a 50/50 mix of 8N and 9N to match the $50 salon color in my hair perfectly (I picked the colors from holding up swatches to my current color). The mix is not smelly or irritating, is left on for 45 minutes, then pulled through for an additional 20 minutes to cover all gray in my fine hair. I did this on Christmas morning (after presents, but before going to dinner at the relatives house) and had no regrets, just a wonderful result. My hair looked and felt better than the salon color. And best of all, I will be able to get four applications from each kit (8 applications in total, since I mix two colors together) at a cost of $4 per application! Thank you MUAers for this fantastic product find! I'll follow up to report if it fades at all.

has anyone tried 8c? its called woodruff blonde? thanks!

I bought the 4N "burdock" color from Whole Foods for $15 to cover up my professionally done "too-red for my taste" preevious dye job. I origionally wanted a 5c but the sale rep said that they sell out of 4-5c the day they get the shipment in...so i settled for the 4n and LOVE the way my hair came out !

I never dye my hair by myself, but this was so easy to do and my hair is a gorgeous, rich, dark dark brown color and SUPER SHINY! Left on for 45 min.

again, LOVE this dye! My hair looks fantastic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Finally I found the best hair coloring product that won't dry out my hair and it gives 3 dimensions color. I used to dye my own hair back in high school, blonde, brown to pink. LOL. I've tried Feria, Clairol, Natural Instinct, Wella and few others that I can't remember. All of them made my hair dry and flat color. Except for Wella demi permanent, it's not bad, but fades quickly every shampoo eventhough I used black. Anyway, I never heard this brand before until MUACH, I rarely check the hair coloring section at Wholefoods. I just recently went to salon and get my hair dyed, but it turned out a little reddish bright brown color. I have Asian black hair, so Asian pigment is reddish and my salon didn't want to use bleach. That's what I luv about my salon. He used double processing and vegetable dyes which is more safe and non drying. But, I just couldn't wait for 2 or more weeks to redye or color correction my hair. I just think it's too bright for me, I don't have that confidence anymore like when I was younger. I like more natural look for Asian face. So, I ran to Wholefoods the next 3 days and bought Ash color, the darkest Ash shade to tone down the redness. OK, in the first few days, it looked dark ash brown color. But it fades little bit overtime, I also used anti deposit shampoo once. I think it fades the color more. The thing that I really like is it totally gives me 3 dimension colors. It's like lowlight and highlights naturally. It's non drying as well. I met few Wholefoods customers that have used Naturcolor for years and they love it. Yes, everybody said the color will turn out darker than the box, but it will fades little afterwards, so don't worry about buying darker color. Love this product, I feel like trying all the dark shades before going bald. LOL. Great product plus made in Italy.

After years of highlights, I made the decision last year to go back to a darker all over color for my naturally black Asian hair. I wanted something that was more of a black brown with some depth and tone to it rather than a flat black color. I had the salon do the intial all over color to make sure that my highlights would blend in with the rest of my hair, but I figured I would start trying to do the all over color myself since it's definitely more cost effective than going to the salon. I bought the Naturcolor at Whole Foods based on the glowing reviews here, and also because I have a soft spot for organic products in general. I was expecting the usual mess and chaos of having color get everywhere, but this product was seriously the easiest at home product ever. The gel is really thick and you get a lot of it-I have extremely thick hair that is a little past shoulder length, and one box was plenty. The smell was a welcome change from the chemical smells you normally get with hair coloring products, and it didn't stain my scalp, towels, or bathtub. It left my hair incredibly shiny and soft and healthy, and I'm totally planning on using it again and recommend it highly. The only problem I had was that I bought the Light Burdock based on the reviews here advising that the colors end up darker than the swatches indicate. However, I think that I could have used the regular Burdock and been fine, so that's what I'll use next time. Fantastic product, definitely give it a try before dropping a bundle at the salon!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been getting salon highlights for years and have gotten tired of the expense and upkeep. Also, as I've been getting more and more gray around the temples, highlights didn't keep up. I tried Naturcolor after reading the reviews and have been thrilled. My natural haircolor (if I remember correctly) is light brown. It had been highlighted lighter and lighter and I tried the 7N to match my brown roots. I've gotten tons of compliments, but next time I'll try 8N to lighten up the gray. I only need 1/2 a box for my shoulder length hair, so $7.50 sure beats the $125+ I'd been paying at the salon.

I used this years ago and hated it. Turns out I just picked the wrong color. Since it is a deposit shampoo you have to go lighter then with other color brands. I tried it again because of the good reviews here and because it worked so well for my mom. I mixed 7N and 7G shades together and it came out great. Super shiny and even. I get it at whole foods and am really loving it.

I agree with all the other users. This is a great product and it leaves my hair soooo shiny and glossy and natural looking. No AMMONIA and my hair looks great and natural looking.